(Topic ID: 97724)

Street Fighter club, all welcome.....ready, set, shoot!

By Damon

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,404 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by Parkshow30
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flipper Schematic (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7868980_0 (resized).jpg
20231114_164512 (resized).jpg
flipper diagram (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7860116_0 (resized).jpg
20231109_140205 (resized).jpg
20231109_135954 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_1 (resized).jpg
20231102_131655 (resized).jpg
20231102_131352 (resized).jpg
20230417_201716 (resized).jpg
18103D72-1BCF-4262-ADE2-A2B8DC2DE086 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_1787855_390879 (resized).jpg
20210611_144033 (resized).jpg
20210611_144005 (resized).jpg

There are 1,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 29.
#901 5 years ago

Any update on the 3D printed car? I need someone to take my money!

#902 5 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

So I got a weird issue. Some of you may recall that I had issues with my lower left pop bumper.

...are you sure your in the right thread?!........Joey

#903 5 years ago

Meant to say left kicking rubber. Need more coffee...

#904 5 years ago

AMBoggs and @smitherssp....

Not sure if this will solve your problems but take a look at this thread and specifically the advice from vipperhwk. It's worth looking into as it helped me diagnose and rectify a burnt out upper left flipper coil.

Hope this helps.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-2-over-heating-coil

#905 5 years ago

Hey all, I still have a bunch of playfield parts available for sale. I have put some of them up on Ebay. Search for user mountain_pinball and you will find my items. PM me here and I will give you a deal.

#906 5 years ago

The bumper solenoids don't have an EOL switch correct? I replaced the coil/diode but I'll check the diode when I get home. In general, what would cause a transistor to keep dying?

#907 5 years ago

Is it common for the Blanka shot (above the upper left flipper) to overshoot the sink hole and therefore not registering the shot? I've done a search and was not able to find anything on this. I thought that maybe there was a missing one way gate or something, but it doesn't appear that there is supposed to be one.

#908 5 years ago

Yeah but if it overshoots it should settle into the hole on the way back down... Check your hole and see if there is significant wear. I don't think it's up on the site but if you message cliffy he can hook you up with a set for SF2 that'll help.

#909 5 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

Yeah but if it overshoots it should settle into the hole on the way back down... Check your hole and see if there is significant wear. I don't think it's up on the site but if you message cliffy he can hook you up with a set for SF2 that'll help.

This is the shot that goes up the upper right lane and loops around to the hole. It goes so fast the it overshoots the hole and heads back down towards the flippers. The hole does already have a Cliffy on it.

#910 5 years ago

If you're talking about the 'around the hole' shot that's the Ryu/Ken Hurricane Kick shot - there should be a little metal wire on a spring in the circle that lets the ball roll one way but prevents it from rolling out once the speed slows and then it drops into the hole. I can't find a solid picture of it online and it'll be a mother to try and take later without disassembling a lot to get to it - but I'll try if you need.

#911 5 years ago

Here's a picture of the one way gate.

20170617_014844 (resized).jpg20170617_014844 (resized).jpg
And one on ebay for a better look. ebay.com link: GOTTLIEB PREM STREET FIGHTER PINBALL PLAYFIELD RIGHT BALL GATE

If you are talking about either the Blanka or Vega shots there should be a hard plastic shock absorbing pad on the metal stop at the end of the shot, if that has fallen off the ball would bounce hard.

20170617_013544 (resized).jpg20170617_013544 (resized).jpg

#912 5 years ago

Something about this car sitting at my work just makes me want to smash it.

DCFF0C59-EBFE-4BD0-A130-F7420507577F (resized).jpegDCFF0C59-EBFE-4BD0-A130-F7420507577F (resized).jpeg
#913 5 years ago
Quoted from Herk:

Something about this car sitting at my work just makes me want to smash it.

Speaking of smashing cars....any update on the 3D printed car model toyotaboy ?

#914 5 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

The bumper solenoids don't have an EOL switch correct? I replaced the coil/diode but I'll check the diode when I get home. In general, what would cause a transistor to keep dying?

Sorry, you are correct about the EOS.

#915 5 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Any update on the 3D printed car? I need someone to take my money!

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

any update on the 3D printed car model toyotaboy ?

Sorry for the delay. Beta tester sent me feedback a while back, getting back into it. Few things:
1. A modeling mistake made the bracket mounting angled
2. The car is too high, so I had to shorten it
too_tall (resized).jpgtoo_tall (resized).jpg
3. He suggested I add a bracket plate on the bottom to help really attach the car to the rod
bracket_underneath (resized).jpgbracket_underneath (resized).jpg

I want to work on some more detail in the front and wheels, then I'm going to print out one more sample to check fit again

#916 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Sorry for the delay. Beta tester sent me feedback a while back, getting back into it. Few things:
1. A modeling mistake made the bracket mounting angled
2. The car is too high, so I had to shorten it

3. He suggested I add a bracket plate on the bottom to help really attach the car to the rod

I want to work on some more detail in the front and wheels, then I'm going to print out one more sample to check fit again

Awesome!! Thanks for the quick reply buddy

#917 5 years ago

I posted this in a separate thread but thought I would put it in here as well. I was having an issue with my SFII where I kept getting a "Same Player Shoots Again" message/shout out randomly and no ball served up - sometimes at game start. I removed the apron and played a few games. The switches are fine, however, sometimes when the ball drains, the ball gets kicked over in the trough and bounces off the second ball in the trough and ricochets back. The ball ends up resting on the one way gate (which prevents it from going back into the outhole) and not on the switch. Has anyone else had this? If so, how did you fix this? It's almost like the kicker is too powerful.

The first picture is how it should be. The second picture shows what is happening which causes the problem. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

SAM_2906 (resized).JPGSAM_2906 (resized).JPGSAM_2907 (resized).JPGSAM_2907 (resized).JPG
#918 5 years ago

I think your gate is bent. You could bend it so it sticks out farther or try moving it to the next set of holes down the rail. Here's how mine looks.
20180702_225402 (resized).jpg20180702_225402 (resized).jpg

#919 5 years ago

I have an issue where my sagat shot overshoots and doesn't fall in the hole. Also Chun li is really hard to hit (requires full momentum and perfect angle). Anyone else have these issues or ideas on how to fix?

#920 5 years ago
Quoted from Hvyarms:

I have an issue where my sagat shot overshoots and doesn't fall in the hole. Also Chun li is really hard to hit (requires full momentum and perfect angle). Anyone else have these issues or ideas on how to fix?

What coil do you have on your bottom left flipper? (You should have coil A-29876 installed and a 4 amp slow blow in fuse F19)

Not sure about the Sagat shot overshooting.

#921 5 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

I think your gate is bent. You could bend it so it sticks out farther or try moving it to the next set of holes down the rail. Here's how mine looks.

Thanks, I will work on the gate, but I've also noticed that the kicker kicks the ball so hard that it sometimes actually knocks an extra ball into the shooter lane (the game releases the next ball into the shooter lane and then the out hole kicker knocks another one in with the force).

#922 5 years ago
Quoted from boslj:

Thanks, I will work on the gate, but I've also noticed that the kicker kicks the ball so hard that it sometimes actually knocks an extra ball into the shooter lane (the game releases the next ball into the shooter lane and then the out hole kicker knocks another one in with the force).

Check what coil you have on the kicker. In the pictures you can see mine is a pink A-26450. Yours is orange but I can't see a number. Maybe someone put a higher powered coil in.

#923 5 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Check what coil you have on the kicker. In the pictures you can see mine is a pink A-26450. Yours is orange but I can't see a number. Maybe someone put a higher powered coil in.

My coil is A-26451. Any idea if this is a higher powered one than the A-26450?

#924 5 years ago
Quoted from boslj:

Oddly enough it looks like my coil should be stronger. The manual says that your coil is correct. How do the plunger/coil stop look, are they mushroomed giving you too much travel?

20180703_132941 (resized).jpg20180703_132941 (resized).jpg

#925 5 years ago
Quoted from boslj:

I did find a chart online and the coil I have has more windings, so it should already be a little weaker than the A-26450. The weird thing about this whole issue is the game worked fine until recently when this started happening.

#926 5 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Oddly enough it looks like my coil should be stronger. The manual says that your coil is correct. How do the plunger/coil stop look, are they mushroomed giving you too much travel?

Yeah, everything looks good. I've also played around with the pitch - which didn't seem to help. I ended up putting some soft velcro on the kicker to try and dampen the "kick". I also put some on the black "kicker stop" (I'm not sure the official name) - right by your finger in the picture - as to not get the full range of motion. It seems to be working so far, but is more of a band aid (or McGuyver) fix.

#927 5 years ago

I ended up finding a small L-bracket that I screwed in with the existing screw just to the left of the black "kicker arm rest". The bracket limits the kicker arms forward movement so it doesn't kick as hard. It works great - I'm not a big fan of having to do this, but at this point, I just want the game to work so we can play it. Thanks for everyone's help.

1 week later
#928 5 years ago

About to swap in a new ball gate for the Ken shot. Anything I should be aware of prior? I’m guessing it’s pretty tough to get to?

1 week later
#929 5 years ago

Update on ken gate. Was able to get to it without moving too much. Error I was facing was that if the Ken/ryu wasn’t hit at a certain power, the ball would fall back out. The part I was replacing was the metal gate itself (small metal wire few inches long in elongated U shape) and not the entire part going through the table.

First I removed the screws holding down the launch ramp and gently sat aside keeping the sensor plugged in.
Next, Instead of removing the entire chun-li ramp, only the red section was removed. Done by removing the screws at the top of the ramp and loosening the nuts at the lower part so it slides off. Gently laid aside, trying to jostle the wires as little as possible.
Once that was removed you have a decent working area opened up over the ken/ryu shot. Remove as many bolts holding down the plastic covering the ken loop.
From here I was able to gently lift up the plastic and access the metal gate. There’s a screw holding in the metal gate which I loosened to removed the old damaged gate. I was then able to snake my hand in and put in the new metal gate. Took some tinkering but everything lined up well and looked good. Put it back together and finally have a working ken/ryu shot!

#930 5 years ago

Just to revisit an earlier issue I was having, when I make the shot under the left ramp, the ball is supposed to loop around to the right and go into the hole (underneath the spiral). But mine goes so fast that it misses the hole completely. Then the ramp goes down (thinking I made the shot), but I do not get credit for it since it did not go in the hole. Has anyone else seen this? Any thoughts on how to remedy this?

#931 5 years ago

I have had that happen every once in a while but not often. Is edge of the hole worn? You could try putting some dead drop foam on the metal rail where the ball exits.
https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=131

20170811_112624 (resized).jpg20170811_112624 (resized).jpg

#932 5 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

I have had that happen every once in a while but not often. Is edge of the hole worn? You could try putting some dead drop foam on the metal rail where the ball exits.
https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=131

The hole does have a Cliffy protector. It happens quite often (80%+), I'm wondering if the fact that the playfield is clear coated is causing it. Thanks for the tip on the foam, I will give that a try. Do any stores handle this? Or do I have to order online? Thanks

#933 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

What coil do you have on your bottom left flipper? (You should have coil A-29876 installed and a 4 amp slow blow in fuse F19)
Not sure about the Sagat shot overshooting.

Looks like I have the right coil and fuse from what I can tell. Attached is an image of the coil - does it look bad at all? The power from the flipper seems ok for other shots (no problem hitting guile for example) so not sure if maybe the angle of my game is off enough where it is impacting the shot or if I have a bad coil or what.

The sagat overshoot part is weird because it will hit the left wall where the hole meets the metal and it just has too much power and sort of bounces off the wall and back down the playfield.

20180727_152448 (resized).jpg20180727_152448 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#934 5 years ago

Well I have officially left the club this afternoon. Sold it to a newbie who I hope will enjoy it as much as I did.

I suggested he join pinside and join the SF2 club.

Anyways thanks for everything guys + gals!

IMG_20180812_1433466.jpgIMG_20180812_1433466.jpg
#935 5 years ago
Quoted from Hvyarms:

Looks like I have the right coil and fuse from what I can tell. Attached is an image of the coil - does it look bad at all? The power from the flipper seems ok for other shots (no problem hitting guile for example) so not sure if maybe the angle of my game is off enough where it is impacting the shot or if I have a bad coil or what.
The sagat overshoot part is weird because it will hit the left wall where the hole meets the metal and it just has too much power and sort of bounces off the wall and back down the playfield.
[quoted image]

I think it may be your playfield pitch and angle.

#936 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Well I have officially left the club this afternoon. Sold it to a newbie who I hope will enjoy it as much as I did.
I suggested he join pinside and join the SF2 club.
Anyways thanks for everything guys + gals![quoted image]

I have recently left the club as well. Actually I'm going to step away from the pinball hobby for a while. The machines are getting too expensive and the ones I can afford are hard to keep up and running. The person that bought mine had been looking for one for a while so he was happy to finally get one.

#937 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Well I have officially left the club this afternoon.
Anyways thanks for everything guys + gals![quoted image]

So now I gotta color Tales from the Crypt? :p

#938 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

So now I gotta color Tales from the Crypt? :p

Got a color DMD installed in it already

#939 5 years ago

good , Im finishing up TMNT and CheckPoint and didn't want to do anymore :p

#940 5 years ago

Having a fuse issue with my SF2 and checking if someone has thoughts on this:

The lower left upkicker was jammed during gameplay with two pinballs getting stuck in the E Honda target hole (I wasn't present) and so the solenoid shaft was bent and fuse blew. I replaced the upkicker unit with a new one. When I replaced the F21 fuse for the lower left and right upkicker, the fuse keeps blowing when I attempt to run the solenoid test in test mode. I believe the other solenoids are working in test mode, however.

The manual mentions the A3 driver board may be having issues.

Just checking if someone has any other advice to try first before possibly replacing the A3 driver board, thanks.

#941 5 years ago

look for a blown mosfet on the driver board

#942 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I think it may be your playfield pitch and angle.

Should the shot be hit-able stationary from the left flipper or do you need to hit it as the ball rolls down? Occasionally i can hit the shot as the ball is rolling down when it has enough speed but not really possible when I hold the ball first. Mostly curious if the Chun-Li shot should be very hard to hit or easier (in which case I need to fix the problem).

#943 5 years ago

I have my game set to max angle and can make the ramp with the upgraded coil (in the service bulletin) from a full trap. It has to be a relatively clean shot, but there is some room for error without a complete reject. (that said, too much rattle and it'll be too slow and get Chun Li rejected).

Have you done a flipper rebuild kit? You may have too much slop in the linkage that's causing the action to be less than crisp.

#944 5 years ago
Quoted from Hvyarms:

Should the shot be hit-able stationary from the left flipper or do you need to hit it as the ball rolls down? Occasionally i can hit the shot as the ball is rolling down when it has enough speed but not really possible when I hold the ball first. Mostly curious if the Chun-Li shot should be very hard to hit or easier (in which case I need to fix the problem).

Like statictrance I also had my playfield pitch at max angle. I could make the chun-li shot from a dead ball sitting on the flipper everytime.

Like posted above...a flipper rebuild may be required.

Quoted from statictrance:

I have my game set to max angle and can make the ramp with the upgraded coil (in the service bulletin) from a full trap. It has to be a relatively clean shot, but there is some room for error without a complete reject. (that said, too much rattle and it'll be too slow and get Chun Li rejected).
Have you done a flipper rebuild kit? You may have too much slop in the linkage that's causing the action to be less than crisp.

#945 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Like statictrance I also had my playfield pitch at max angle. I could make the chun-li shot from a dead ball sitting on the flipper everytime.
Like posted above...a flipper rebuild may be required.

Thanks guys - I'm going to try a flipper rebuild next and see if that solves the issue - I'll let you know if it works.

#946 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

look for a blown mosfet on the driver board

1) I have looked over the driver board and see a few items that have been replaced on it (by previous owner), though there are no signs of blackened parts.

2) I'm beginning to read through this to test the MOSFETs on the driver board: http://www.pinrepair.com/sys3/#driver

3) I'll otherwise maybe get a replacement driver board to test with. It looks like Rottendog replacements are about $120 shipped. If anyone has a less expensive link for working driver board options please let me know, thanks

#947 5 years ago

you can ground out the leg on the MOSFET to test, it'll make the coil fire.

Check the diodes too. You can replace the driver board because the diode is killing the mosfet , all that's going to happen is the new board is going to work until the diode kills the new one.

#948 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

you can ground out the leg on the MOSFET to test, it'll make the coil fire.
Check the diodes too. You can replace the driver board because the diode is killing the mosfet , all that's going to happen is the new board is going to work until the diode kills the new one.

MOSFETs: The MOSFETs have been tested, and found just one bad one at Q4. This specific one has clearly been replaced in the past.

Diodes: are you referring to check the diodes on the A17 Diode board underneath the playfield?

#949 5 years ago

The diode for the coil that fires from that MOSFET, I'm not sure where it is. I don't have my SFII anymore.

#950 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

The diode for the coil that fires from that MOSFET, I'm not sure where it is. I don't have my SFII anymore.

Ok, thanks for your help, appreciated.

I checked all the diodes on the A17 diode board underneath the playfield and they read about .590 each with a DMM, so I'm guessing those are most likely good.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 8.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
There are 1,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-club-all-welcomeready-set-shoot/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.