(Topic ID: 97724)

Street Fighter club, all welcome.....ready, set, shoot!

By Damon

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,404 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 days ago by Parkshow30
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flipper Schematic (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7868980_0 (resized).jpg
20231114_164512 (resized).jpg
flipper diagram (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7860116_0 (resized).jpg
20231109_140205 (resized).jpg
20231109_135954 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_1 (resized).jpg
20231102_131655 (resized).jpg
20231102_131352 (resized).jpg
20230417_201716 (resized).jpg
18103D72-1BCF-4262-ADE2-A2B8DC2DE086 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_1787855_390879 (resized).jpg
20210611_144033 (resized).jpg
20210611_144005 (resized).jpg
There are 1,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 29.
#851 5 years ago

Yeah bison needs to go where cammy is, blanka needs to go where bison is, and e Honda needs to go where blanka is

#852 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thanks, keep me posted as I'm certainly interested in one

We all are...keep calm and flip on.

#853 5 years ago

Heres Mine

#854 5 years ago

DSC_0780 (resized).JPGDSC_0780 (resized).JPG

DSCPDC_0002_BURST20180505154726076 (resized).JPGDSCPDC_0002_BURST20180505154726076 (resized).JPG

DSCPDC_0003_BURST20180505154717154_COVER (resized).JPGDSCPDC_0003_BURST20180505154717154_COVER (resized).JPG

DSC_0779 (resized).JPGDSC_0779 (resized).JPG

#855 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Where'd you get the mirror blades?

I used ones from data east/sega. They need some slight modification on the back but its easy and fit no issues

#856 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Yeah I've tried to find them forever but gave up, was told not enough clearance

I used ones from data east/sega. They need some slight modification on the back but its easy and fit no issues

#857 5 years ago

Well, my SF2 survived YEGPIN & the under 12 'Little Flippers' tournament this weekend. There was an issue Friday as the top-left flipper coil overheated, burnt out and started smoking. Found this thread on Pinside when we we're diagnosing the issue...

Quoted from viperrwk:

Those coils take a beating and it's not uncommon for them to burn out - especially the left one. If the coil is overheating you also have to check the EOS switch to make sure it is cutting out the high power circuit on the coil. Since the coil spends much of its life energized in the game, if the EOS isn't right, it won't be too long before the coil overheats and burns out again.
viperrwk

Viperrwk was 100% right on the money with that statement. We replaced the coil for the top-left flipper and adjusted the EOS. The rest of the weekend she ran great without any problems!

When I got home and went over everything I found this inside the cabinet. My first revenue from pinball, lol

And another shout out & thank you to toyotaboy for his amazing bartop mod. I had that thing on all weekend from 9am-1am Friday + Saturday....and from 9-5pm on Sunday. It worked great!! Lots of inquiries and compliments for that bartop mod!!

DSC09865 (resized).JPGDSC09865 (resized).JPG
DSC09952 (resized).JPGDSC09952 (resized).JPG
DSC09962 (resized).JPGDSC09962 (resized).JPG
DSC09866 (resized).JPGDSC09866 (resized).JPG

IMG_20180506_1840073.jpgIMG_20180506_1840073.jpg

#858 5 years ago

Anyone comment on the DMD colorization? :p

#859 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Anyone comment on the DMD colorization? :p

Actually a few of the organizers did. They loved it when I explained you redid nearly all of the animations. Your name was displayed during attract mode too

#860 5 years ago

I was just wondering if anyone even noticed. I can show you how to pull my name out of the attract if you want.

#861 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I was just wondering if anyone even noticed. I can show you how to pull my name out of the attract if you want.

Pinballers and enthusiasts noticed. I think the kids and casual pinballers probably didn't know the difference.

I think you said you just need to delete that frame to make it revert to the "say no to drugs" message?

#862 5 years ago

yeap, the malenko trigger frame and you get back the no drugs bit. I actually found my old SFII for sale at Allentown pinfest, made me miss it!

#863 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

yeap, the malenko trigger frame and you get back the no drugs bit. I actually found my old SFII for sale at Allentown pinfest, made me miss it!

I didn't see any SF2's at pinfest. Was it there on Saturday?

#864 5 years ago

Can anyone tell me if I have the correct legs for my Sf2?

A buddy of mine at YEGPIN said he thought they were old EM legs.

#865 5 years ago

There were 2 SFIIs, I was there satuday. One was on the row closest to the vendors, the other (my old one) was missing the backglass. If you go to the pinfest thread you can see it in one of levi's pix

#866 5 years ago

Bummer, don't know how we missed them.

#867 5 years ago

Hi i am looking for a dmd cover for street fighter 2 as well as a display cover for Gottlieb Victory.
Thanks

1 week later
#868 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Can anyone tell me if I have the correct legs for my Sf2?
A buddy of mine at YEGPIN said he thought they were old EM legs.

Bump for the leg question

3ac3fb9c56749aaaf08073ba30c91f137a9709a7.jpg3ac3fb9c56749aaaf08073ba30c91f137a9709a7.jpg

#869 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Bump for the leg question

manual says 27 3/8 for the legs

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/D-4337

#870 5 years ago

I got 4 new 27" legs from PinballResource. They are the right legs for the table but it still stits about 1" higher than my williams in the front.

#871 5 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Thanks, hoping its helpful for others. Maybe Damon could put my video post as a key post or something, it gets easily lost between everything else

Sorry for the late reply, just noticed this, afaik only pinside staff and mods can make key posts but I’m more than happy to do it if I’m mistaken. Don’t see any option for me to mark the post or anything though. I’ll send a pm to one of the mods and see if we can get it all sorted out, video rocks and will no doubt be useful for many to come, great work and thanks for your contribution

#872 5 years ago
Quoted from bimm25i:

I got 4 new 27" legs from PinballResource. They are the right legs for the table but it still stits about 1" higher than my williams in the front.

The correct legs are part #4337 which are 27 3/8 not 27. Just to not confuse the person asking for the correct leg size. Attached is a pic from the manual and again the link to the marcos product page : http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/D-4337

Message_1520537832794 (resized).jpgMessage_1520537832794 (resized).jpg

#873 5 years ago

I measured my cabinet legs and they are all 27 inches. (that's from leg fold to the top of the triangular edge attached to the cabinet; not including the extenders)

I think I'll have to order a correct set

#874 5 years ago

Hey all, working on sorting out my weak vuks. Filter board came in today, so swapped it out. Also got new (and correct) coil sleeves. As I was taking things apart to install them I noticed some pretty nasty soldering on the coils. So here's my question - what is the correct direction for the diode? If I'm reading the schematics correctly (IF...) I believe it should be oriented the opposite direction, band pointing away from the red/orange wire. Could someone please confirm the correct direction of the diode for both sides please (left and right vuks)? Thanks in advance.

20180523_144659 (resized).jpg20180523_144659 (resized).jpg

#875 5 years ago
Quoted from SmasheyBashe:

Hey all, working on sorting out my weak vuks. Filter board came in today, so swapped it out. Also got new (and correct) coil sleeves. As I was taking things apart to install them I noticed some pretty nasty soldering on the coils. So here's my question - what is the correct direction for the diode? If I'm reading the schematics correctly (IF...) I believe it should be oriented the opposite direction, band pointing away from the red/orange wire. Could someone please confirm the correct direction of the diode for both sides please (left and right vuks)? Thanks in advance.

Are those the ehonda + bison/balrog VUK coils?

#876 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Are those the ehonda + bison/balrog VUK coils?

You betcha.

#877 5 years ago

I'll snap a pic tonight

#878 5 years ago

Couldn't get a good pic unless I disassembled the coil. From my garbage pics it looks like the diode band faces the red wire

IMG_20180524_0014035.jpgIMG_20180524_0014035.jpg

IMG_20180524_0014328.jpgIMG_20180524_0014328.jpg

IMG_20180524_0014451.jpgIMG_20180524_0014451.jpg

IMG_20180524_0014495.jpgIMG_20180524_0014495.jpg

#879 5 years ago

I'll be joining the club tonight. The SFII that I am getting has a lot of extras (custom cab decals, clear coated pf, arcade mod, LEDs, Cliffy's, powder coated rails and lockdown bar, etc.) - the one thing it does not have is the color DMD. I posted on another thread, but does anyone sell a plug-n-play version of the color DMD. I'm looking at what all is involved in making one up and am pretty sure it is above my comfort level.

#880 5 years ago
Quoted from boslj:

I'll be joining the club tonight. The SFII that I am getting has a lot of extras (custom cab decals, clear coated pf, arcade mod, LEDs, Cliffy's, etc.) - the one thing it does not have is the color DMD. I posted on another thread, but does anyone sell a plug-n-play version of the color DMD. I'm looking at what all is involved in making one up and am pretty sure it is above my comfort level.

Nothing from color dmd. But pin2dmd has the ability and the files are free to load. (Thanks to @malenko)

Ordering and receiving your hardware from German gaming supplies is another story though.

Good luck...you're gonna need it.

#881 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Nothing from color dmd. But pin2dmd has the ability and the files are free to load. (Thanks to malenko)
Ordering and receiving your hardware from German gaming supplies is another story though.
Good luck...you're gonna need it.

Ugh, thanks for the heads-up on the German company. I've seen makenko's work and it looks FANTASTIC. Very well done - I would love to have that on my machine. But alas...

#882 5 years ago
Quoted from boslj:

Ugh, thanks for the heads-up on the German company. I've seen makenko's work and it looks FANTASTIC. Very well done - I would love to have that on my machine. But alas...

Try to find a used pin2DMD maybe?

#883 5 years ago

i guess i missed it, is it hard to get them from the guy in germany now for some reason? Ive been waiting to pick one up for sometime but keep spending my extra pinball money on my homebrew game lol

#884 5 years ago

I just wish some one would buy like a dozen and pre-configure them to make them plug and play. Once I get a pile of parts and have to configure and mess with something, it gets shelved. I just dont have time to dick around. I really like the work Malenko did too, its a shame I cant use it yet.

#885 5 years ago

OK, I'm officially in the club. Who has the best prices on alternate translites? Or are they all basically the same? The original one is going to give me nightmares.

#886 5 years ago

I'm also looking for a Ryu alternate translite.

#887 5 years ago
Quoted from boslj:

I'm also looking for a Ryu alternate translite.

Msg stpcore He does all my printing and I sent him the original file.

#888 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Msg stpcore He does all my printing and I sent him the original file.

I have messaged him and he is hooking me up. Thanks and great job on a great looking translite!

#889 5 years ago

Look forward to seeing some pix! I just gave the original alt to Softstrum and the body art too; so hopefully he can get it installed on my old SFII and post up some pix.

2 weeks later
#890 5 years ago

Hey guys, had to sell mine. Didn't want to, needed the $. The guy I sold it to is having a party today, and he did a factory reset. Now he can't get it back in free play. Any ideas? I never messed with the menu buttons at all.
Hopefully this guy will buy an alt translite from stpcore and the pin2dmd from Malenko.
Thanks for any help.

#891 5 years ago

Found this on rgp:
**I set up a webpage detailing how to do this for Street Fighter 2, but
I'm going to paste it here so that all the people with Stargates and
all these other fine pins have it in the archives once and for all.
This and more information is available at:

http://www.geocities.com/pinballjim2000/sf2/sf2.html

-----------------------------
I've been asked this so many times by so many people that have found
my
website, that I've decided to write it up here.

Yep, there's a free play option on the Gottlieb System 3s. Don't
dispair,
lots of people have trouble with it... in fact, my Stargate had a tiny
credit button mounted on it because they didn't know how to set the
freeplay!

All you had to do is open up the coin door, and on the left hand side
you
will see a little PCB. There's a slider switch to put the machine into
tournament mode. Put the machine into tournament mode, and a menu will
pop up on the DMD. (if it's already in tournament mode, I think a
quick slide
back and forth on the switch will bring the menu up if it doesn't come
up
automatically when you open the coin door)

What you want to do is set Free Play to YES and set everything else to
Normal. Then just close the coin door. Can't remember if the menu goes
away or not.. if not, just power off and back on and you're good to
go.
The start button should now flash during attract mode.

As you play the machine more, there's a nice feature with that
tournament
mode. You can customize the settings to make it harder or easier in
both
regular mode and tournament mode. Essentially, you can have two
variations of the rule set that you can quickly toggle between. You
lose the
freeplay when you're not in tournament mode, but it's just something
to keep in
mind.

Personally, I have everything set factory but have the match feature
turned off, specials award extra balls, and my extra ball levels are
150mil,
300mil, and 450mil and have the self-adjusting turned off.

Hope this helps someone!
---------------------

pinballjim at hotmail dot com**
He has put it in tournament mode...no dice. Maybe he didn't restart machine.
Tryin to help this guy out, he's a good dude.

#892 5 years ago

Does the start button work? Have him check the contacts/solders

Other than that, put in tournament mode. Then turn it off and on again?

#893 5 years ago

Thanks man!

#894 5 years ago

Can he still play fine with a credit...?...just put max credits on it...get thru the shin-digg...then mess with it after....???!!!.........Joey

#895 5 years ago

New coin door with no coin mechs doh.
But thanks for the suggestion Joey my dude.
He's got 2 techs/buddies there helping him now.

#896 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Does the start button work? Have him check the contacts/solders
Other than that, put in tournament mode. Then turn it off and on again?

^This

#897 5 years ago

Tournament button not working. No response from it. Boggs did get it to work though by setting replay award to 0 points. Now the knocker goes off everytime you hit start.
He is totally interested in the color dmd and alt translite you did Malenko. Where should I direct him to purchase these? Stpcore? Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Now I wanna play SFII though....

#898 5 years ago

stpcore sells the translite. the pin2dmd well theres a couple vendors or you can roll your own. Some of the vendors take a while to ship
I wish Randy would take up on my offer to redo the coloring for ColorDMD instead but until he does pin2dmd is the only way.

1 week later
#899 5 years ago

Doing some work on a friends SF2 and had a weird thing happen.

The right sling shot was not working (stuck on until it blew a fuse). Replaced Q3 and it was back in business.

Played a few games. Worked fine save for a few switches I still need to replace.

It was left in attract mode and I came by to play a game. Was going fine until it went down the left subway.

The ball was stuck. I checked the coil and it was melted, BUT, the kicker was not engaged. It was still in the down position.

I’m not sure when it melted. Since it was in the down position, it leads me to believe that it happens during game play and the mechanism hung up. It just seemed to happen awfully fast.

Is there another cause I should be looking for?

#900 5 years ago

So I got a weird issue. Some of you may recall that I had issues with my lower left pop bumper. Back story:
Old coil was burned, fuse popped.
Replaced those, fuse still popped.
Turns out transistor Q2 was bad
Instead of replacing I said F&$K it and bought a rotten dog driver PCB
Unit ran fine for about 4 months

Last night I played and realized the bumper wasn't working again. Replaced fuse and it popped. Obviously the Q2 transistor is stuck on again. Can anyone think of a reason that one specific transistor on the original and rotten dog would pop? Another interesting fact is that the same transistor had already been replaced on the original driver board. This has happened too many times to be a coincidence. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-club-all-welcomeready-set-shoot/page/18?hl=boslj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.