(Topic ID: 97724)

Street Fighter club, all welcome.....ready, set, shoot!

By Damon

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,404 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 52 days ago by Parkshow30
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flipper Schematic (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7868980_0 (resized).jpg
20231114_164512 (resized).jpg
flipper diagram (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7860116_0 (resized).jpg
20231109_140205 (resized).jpg
20231109_135954 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_1 (resized).jpg
20231102_131655 (resized).jpg
20231102_131352 (resized).jpg
20230417_201716 (resized).jpg
18103D72-1BCF-4262-ADE2-A2B8DC2DE086 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_1787855_390879 (resized).jpg
20210611_144033 (resized).jpg
20210611_144005 (resized).jpg
There are 1,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 29.
#801 6 years ago

OK thanks for the suggestion.

Also...I noticed another issue and was hoping someone can snap a picture for me.

When I hit the Ken / Ryu circular target, the fireworks sound would go off and the ball would travel down the subway to the Balrog / bison upkicker. But it would just sit there and the fireworks sound would continue. The ball search would begin and kick the ball back into the playfield after a few seconds.

I lifted the playfield and noticed a wire not connected to upkicker assembly. (Not the coil as it worked fine during the ball search)

So im not sure where the unconnected wire needs to be soldered so I'm hoping someone could snap a pic for me.

It would be appreciated

Just think of the children!! Lol

#802 6 years ago

Here's a pic to help explain what I mean....

IMG_20180417_1222103.jpgIMG_20180417_1222103.jpg

IMG_20180417_1220404.jpgIMG_20180417_1220404.jpg

#803 6 years ago

Here you go. It goes on the the outermost lug with the other blue/yellow/yellow.

upkicker (resized).jpgupkicker (resized).jpg

#804 6 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Here you go. It goes on the the outermost lug with the other blue/yellow/yellow.

latenite04 to the rescue. Thank you so much!

#805 6 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Problem(s) solved!

Turns out some nasty soot and metal dust particles got into the clips connecting to the start button switch. Cleaned them good and blew out any crap from the clips...reconnected and working again!!

Soldered the Balrog/Bison wire back in place and the up kicker switch works now.

#806 6 years ago

Made a post in the tech forum about this but thought it might get more hits over here -
So, picked up a pretty minty Street fighter pin a few months back and have been living with a few issues that I'd like to get sorted and would appreciate some help. This is my only experience with a Gottlieb, all my current and previous pins are williams, and golly there's some strange stuff with Gottlieb.

First off and probably most annoying is the weak VUKs on both sides, though the left is worse than the right. I found this old topic, https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-2-weak-upkickers, and have investigated the reccomendations of that thread and am thinking the filter board is likley aslo the culprit on my game. Anything else to check before ordering the board?

The other issues that have me stumped are:
-The car crunch reset. Intermittently either does not work or only partially resets the car, other times it works fine.
-Intermittently have to flip after draining to trigger end of ball/next ball. Doesn't do it all the time, but intermittently will have to hit either flipper button after draining to end the ball. I can't seem to detect any pattern as to when this will or won't happen.
-The left inlane special light is always on, and when the E. Honda light is flashing this light will flash as well.

There is also cliffys installed and the one for the left VUK hole is lifting, what would be the best way to get this back flush

#807 6 years ago

Hi guys
I think I have the wrong shooter rod in my SF2, can someone take a pic of what the correct shooter rod looks like?
Cheers

#808 6 years ago
Quoted from SmasheyBashe:

Made a post in the tech forum about this but thought it might get more hits over here -
So, picked up a pretty minty Street fighter pin a few months back and have been living with a few issues that I'd like to get sorted and would appreciate some help. This is my only experience with a Gottlieb, all my current and previous pins are williams, and golly there's some strange stuff with Gottlieb.
First off and probably most annoying is the weak VUKs on both sides, though the left is worse than the right. I found this old topic, https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-2-weak-upkickers, and have investigated the reccomendations of that thread and am thinking the filter board is likley aslo the culprit on my game. Anything else to check before ordering the board?
The other issues that have me stumped are:
-The car crunch reset. Intermittently either does not work or only partially resets the car, other times it works fine.
-Intermittently have to flip after draining to trigger end of ball/next ball. Doesn't do it all the time, but intermittently will have to hit either flipper button after draining to end the ball. I can't seem to detect any pattern as to when this will or won't happen.
-The left inlane special light is always on, and when the E. Honda light is flashing this light will flash as well.
There is also cliffys installed and the one for the left VUK hole is lifting, what would be the best way to get this back flush

Given that both VUKs are acting up at once, I wonder if this might not be a power supply issue. Ive seen it on it on WPC games where the high voltage bridge fails, and as a result you only get half the required voltage to the coils and the operate very weakly. I don't have the SF2 manual in front of me, so I can't help with troubleshooting right now.

#809 6 years ago

I fixed the majority of my ramp and VUK issues by replacing the factory driver board with a Rottendog board

#810 6 years ago

ImNotNorm Here's the updated cabinet, also painted the control panel so it's accurate. Should be able to wrap it up tomorrow.

sf2_2.0 (resized).jpgsf2_2.0 (resized).jpg

#811 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

TheHueManatee Here's the updated cabinet, also painted the control panel so it's accurate. Should be able to wrap it up tomorrow.

That is so freaking sweet!!!!! Thanks so much.

I'll send you a PM

#812 6 years ago
Quoted from SmasheyBashe:

I've been lucky enough to have a car crunch that hasn't had an issue yet, so I'll defer to the experts on that one but...

Flipping to register a drain likely means to need to adjust the trough switch. Get a switch adjuster tool if you don't have one and just bend the contacts slightly closer. Can likely use a small screw driver and just be careful if you don't want to wait to get the tool.

Left inlane light is an issue with your lamp matrix. Something is causing the board to register (or wires to cross) and have one function off the other. (or over the years one burned out and some idiot wired them together - found that scenario on my paragon... G/O always lit/flashed together). On SF2 specifically though - I had an issue where I'd have a whole column (lamp matrix wise) light up because of the wires at the edge of the playfield pinching when I set it back down into the cabinet... Look for any tight/pinched wires... try to trace from the eHonda/left out lights and see if anything looks out of place. It should be a relatively easy fix - but finding it can be a major PITA.

#813 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Hi guys
I think I have the wrong shooter rod in my SF2, can someone take a pic of what the correct shooter rod looks like?
Cheers

This what you're looking for?

IMG_20180419_0751039.jpgIMG_20180419_0751039.jpg

IMG_20180419_0751318.jpgIMG_20180419_0751318.jpg

#814 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

TheHueManatee Here's the updated cabinet, also painted the control panel so it's accurate. Should be able to wrap it up tomorrow.

This looks dope man, well done.

Not to be even more nit picky, but what about a real miniaturized cpo?

#815 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

This what you're looking for?

Okay mine looks nothing like that, it's a silver one. Is that one the same as the Williams ones from the same era?

#816 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Okay mine looks nothing like that, it's a silver one. Is that one the same as the Williams ones from the same era?

I couldn't tell you. Not sure how to distinguish between the two.

#817 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

ill check my manual after work and see if it lists the part #

#818 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

ill check my manual after work and see if it lists the part #

Thanks that would be great!

#819 6 years ago

Heres what you need http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/26310

I would say this is what you have which is also listed for street fighter http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/26310-P

#820 6 years ago

The part # in the manual is 26314

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/26314

marcos is sold out

i would try Steve Young @ pbr resource

http://www.pbresource.com

he doesnt show one listed on the site but there is a chance he could still have them in his warehouse, I would give him a call with the part # handy.

#821 6 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

I've been lucky enough to have a car crunch that hasn't had an issue yet, so I'll defer to the experts on that one but...
Flipping to register a drain likely means to need to adjust the trough switch. Get a switch adjuster tool if you don't have one and just bend the contacts slightly closer. Can likely use a small screw driver and just be careful if you don't want to wait to get the tool.
Left inlane light is an issue with your lamp matrix. Something is causing the board to register (or wires to cross) and have one function off the other. (or over the years one burned out and some idiot wired them together - found that scenario on my paragon... G/O always lit/flashed together). On SF2 specifically though - I had an issue where I'd have a whole column (lamp matrix wise) light up because of the wires at the edge of the playfield pinching when I set it back down into the cabinet... Look for any tight/pinched wires... try to trace from the eHonda/left out lights and see if anything looks out of place. It should be a relatively easy fix - but finding it can be a major PITA.

Thanks, I'll try some wire tracing and report back.

#822 6 years ago

The part # in the manual is 26314
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/26314
marcos is sold out
i would try Steve Young @ pbr resource
http://www.pbresource.com
he doesnt show one listed on the site but there is a chance he could still have them in his warehouse, I would give him a call with the part # handy.

Thanks guys
I can't exactly call Steve Young as I live in Australia. I'll keep on the lookout for one thanks

#823 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Was talking weak flipper issues with some other guys in a SF2 restoration thread & some pertinent information came up that I figured was worthy of sharing here.
Apparently there was an addendum to the SF2 manual concerning the original left flipper coil. It wasn't strong enough to consistently reach the top of the chun-li li ramp shot. So they are calling for the original left flipper coil to be replaced with A-29876.

Finally got around to installing the correct coil for the bottom left flipper (#29876). Also replaced the F19 fuse to a 4amp slo-blo to correspond with the #29876 coil. Wow....what a difference!. The Chun-li/Guile shots just launch up the ramps!!

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

The only "toy" I'd put on my SFII is a arcade mod by toyotaboy. It's absolutely stunning!! I'm on his waitlist at the moment

The most amazing mod in pinball (SF2 Bartop) was shipped yesterday!! I can't wait to get it and hope it arrives before YEGPIN so I can get in installed. Thanks again toyotaboy !!

#824 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Finally got around to installing the correct coil for the bottom left flipper (#29876). Also replaced the F19 fuse to a 4amp slo-blo to correspond with the #29876 coil. Wow....what a difference!. The Chun-li/Guile shots just launch up the ramps!!...

Awesome! I just got my coil in the mail over the weekend. I can't solder though so I haven't changed it yet. This motivates me to give it a go! I hadn't heard a fuse needed changed too.

#825 6 years ago
Quoted from Herk:

Awesome! I just got my coil in the mail over the weekend. I can't solder though so I haven't changed it yet. This motivates me to give it a go! I hadn't heard a fuse needed changed too.

This is the addendum to the original manual.

You'll see it says to replace the F19 fuse with a 4 amp once you replace the bottom left flipper coil with the updated #29876 coil.

fd10da7f76cf9e0e76bf684c9fcddbfb859cf9fa.jpgfd10da7f76cf9e0e76bf684c9fcddbfb859cf9fa.jpg

#827 5 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

» YouTube video

Ooh I think I'm in love

#828 5 years ago

Just got my bartop mod and holy crap...it looks even better in person. Thanks so much @Toyotaboy!!

#829 5 years ago

I am horrible at taking pictures and they do no justice. But this bartop mod is the bees knees. Big thanks to Breaking_Dad for answering my PM about installation.

I have SF2 ready to go for YEGPIN. But I won't be having the mod plugged in and operating for the whole weekend. Most likely I'll plug it in just for the kids tournament.

IMG_20180427_0805495.jpgIMG_20180427_0805495.jpg
IMG_20180427_1059311.jpgIMG_20180427_1059311.jpg
IMG_20180427_1059365.jpgIMG_20180427_1059365.jpg

#831 5 years ago

Sooooo, SHARE your installation process/question!

#832 5 years ago

It was just about the screw not being long enough to fully protrude through the bartop mod screw hole.

Minor issue.

But getting it installed on my SF2 above the Balrog/Bison hole was not do-able. There wasn't enough clearance for the glass to slide back on.

Ended up installing it like Breaking_Dad did and the pinball zips right underneath it. I think I prefer it there now that I've played a few games.

#833 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

It was just about the screw not being long enough to fully protrude through the bartop mod screw hole.
Minor issue.
But getting it installed on my SF2 above the Balrog/Bison hole was not do-able. There wasn't enough clearance for the glass to slide back on.
Ended up installing it like breaking_dad did and the pinball zips right underneath it. I think I prefer it there now that I've played a few games.

interesting, as that is where I installed mine. Although I got the first one he made so there might be some revisions in size. I too had to go to a hardware store to get a longer bolt. I think i posted some install pics earlier in the thread when I got mine. great mod!

#834 5 years ago

interesting, as that is where I installed mine. Although I got the first one he made so there might be some revisions in size. I too had to go to a hardware store to get a longer bolt. I think i posted some install pics earlier in the thread when I got mine. great mod!

Going from the pics alone....mine looks a little bigger. (No pun intended)

#835 5 years ago

No problem Sean...I'm glad you got it sorted...it really is a fantastic mod...for what it's worth...I've accidentally left the mod on for 48hrs straight...no prob....so you should be fine for 8-10 hrs at the show.............Joey

#836 5 years ago

Hey folks, so I've done some more digging on my sf lamp troubles and I was incorrect in thinking it was just one lamp issue. There's clearly a matrix issue. On any given row (except for row 1) the intended lamp will light as well the light in the same column in row 1 as well as the light in column 2, same row as the intended light. For example, light 10 will light as well as light 11 and light 0. When a light in column 2 is selected it lights as intended with no others. So my question is, how do I go about tracking down this issue?

#838 5 years ago

Thanks I'll work my way through this, lots of great info here.

#840 5 years ago

Street Fighter II GameBlades
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/street-fighter-ii

StreetFighterII-GameBlades2 (resized).jpgStreetFighterII-GameBlades2 (resized).jpg

StreetFighterII-GameBlades (resized).jpgStreetFighterII-GameBlades (resized).jpg

#841 5 years ago

They look nice.....but Cammy isn't in the SF2 Tournament edition.

#842 5 years ago

would love mirror blades

#843 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

They look nice.....but Cammy isn't in the SF2 Tournament edition.

Agree. I think theyd be better with NO characters

#844 5 years ago

would love mirror blades

Yes!

#845 5 years ago

would love mirror blades

I have mirror blades in mine looks so much better

#846 5 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

Where'd you get the mirror blades?

#847 5 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

Yeah I've tried to find them forever but gave up, was told not enough clearance

#848 5 years ago

Any news on the 3D printable car crunch?

#849 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Any news on the 3D printable car crunch?

beta tester checked fit, hes going to mark up some areas that need to shrink a bit

#850 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

beta tester checked fit, hes going to mark up some areas that need to shrink a bit

Thanks, keep me posted as I'm certainly interested in one

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-club-all-welcomeready-set-shoot/page/17?hl=smitherssp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.