(Topic ID: 97724)

Street Fighter club, all welcome.....ready, set, shoot!

By Damon

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,404 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 51 days ago by Parkshow30
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flipper Schematic (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7868980_0 (resized).jpg
20231114_164512 (resized).jpg
flipper diagram (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7860116_0 (resized).jpg
20231109_140205 (resized).jpg
20231109_135954 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_1 (resized).jpg
20231102_131655 (resized).jpg
20231102_131352 (resized).jpg
20230417_201716 (resized).jpg
18103D72-1BCF-4262-ADE2-A2B8DC2DE086 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_1787855_390879 (resized).jpg
20210611_144033 (resized).jpg
20210611_144005 (resized).jpg
There are 1,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 29.
#601 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Well, here it is for any interested, my street fighter 2 tear down video:
» YouTube video
I stopped this version after getting loose the last plastic, figured noone needs to see me novus and wax it. Also, the lower pf was removed earlier but a video of that exist from another guy.

Great video! I'll definitely be referring to this down the road when I get myself into trouble, I'm sure. Thanks for posting - it's really well done!

#602 6 years ago
Quoted from brianmcculloh:

Great video! I'll definitely be referring to this down the road when I get myself into trouble, I'm sure. Thanks for posting - it's really well done!

Thanks, hoping its helpful for others. Maybe Damon could put my video post as a key post or something, it gets easily lost between everything else

#603 6 years ago

Added a couple of more toys to my SF2 yesterday. tried to strategically place them near their shots without blocking any of the art on the plastics or anything. I think they look good. Just wish Ken was in traditional red.

20170828_215159 (resized).jpg20170828_215159 (resized).jpg

20170828_215153 (resized).jpg20170828_215153 (resized).jpg

20170828_215144 (resized).jpg20170828_215144 (resized).jpg

20170828_215558 (resized).jpg20170828_215558 (resized).jpg

#604 6 years ago

Picked up my first Street Fighter2 last night. It pretty good shape except missing the main System 3 pcb (MA-1934). Anyone know where I can find one.

Thanks

#605 6 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Picked up my first Street Fighter2 last night. It pretty good shape except missing the main System 3 pcb (MA-1934). Anyone know where I can find one.
Thanks

Congrats and Best of luck! I can't find one anywhere. Marcos has them on their inventory but out of stock. Couldn't find one on eBay, and it didn't look like rottendog or Alltek make them for system 3 that I could find. Maybe put a wanted ad on the marketplace and ask the gottlieb system 3 thread?

#606 6 years ago

The Pinball Resource - The only place to look for Gottlieb parts...

#607 6 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

The Pinball Resource - The only place to look for Gottlieb parts...

I've never ordered anything there solely because the website is so hideous. One day I may be desperate enough.

#608 6 years ago
Quoted from ZeldaOoT:

I've never ordered anything there solely because the website is so hideous. One day I may be desperate enough.

The guy bought all non-software stock from Gottlieb, including original molds and properties and enforces it. You genuinely can't beat it for rare/difficult to source parts, especially Gottlieb but any maker really. Yes, the website is just a cut above 1998 Geocities, but if you can't find what you're looking for (or don't want to try) give them a call. What he doesn't spend on updating that website seems to be passed on.

#609 6 years ago
Quoted from ZeldaOoT:

It's a rite of passage in Gottlieb ownership. While the website is a little off-putting, I find them great to work with. I keep a running order in gmail and when it's ready, I send it off. You won't find a more complete source for some of this stuff.

I really enjoy the retro feel when buying parts for my retro games

1 week later
#610 6 years ago

I just picked up a project street fighter 2. It was missing the flipper motor on the bottom of the playfield. I got a replacement motor. Can someone take some close up pictures of how it mounts and how it is wired. I see 4 cut wires hanging down and I assume they go to the motor but not sure were the wires go.

Thanks

#611 6 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

I just picked up a project street fighter 2. It was missing the flipper motor on the bottom of the playfield. I got a replacement motor. Can someone take some close up pictures of how it mounts and how it is wired. I see 4 cut wires hanging down and I assume they go to the motor but not sure were the wires go.
Thanks

You mean lower playfield coil that operates the flipper? If so....

IMG_20170913_1632551.jpgIMG_20170913_1632551.jpg

IMG_20170913_1632286.jpgIMG_20170913_1632286.jpg

IMG_20170913_1631498.jpgIMG_20170913_1631498.jpg

IMG_20170913_1631313.jpgIMG_20170913_1631313.jpg

#612 6 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Thanks

Here are pics of the Chun Li motor if that's what you were looking for. It's mounted to the playfield with a 3 screw L bracket on one side. It looks like it only has two wires, grey/yellow and grey/red. If you post a picture of the cut wires someone might be able to recognize what they go to.
20170913_211216 (resized).jpg20170913_211216 (resized).jpg
20170913_211232 (resized).jpg20170913_211232 (resized).jpg

#613 6 years ago

Well I completely misunderstood lol

#614 6 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Here are pics of the Chun Li motor if that's what you were looking for. It's mounted to the playfield with a 3 screw L bracket on one side. It looks like it only has two wires, grey/yellow and grey/red. If you post a picture of the cut wires someone might be able to recognize what they go to.

Thanks, Anyone know where to get the L brackets that are used to mount the motor?

#615 6 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Thanks, Anyone know where to get the L brackets that are used to mount the motor?

Perhaps check a The Pinball Resource? As I mentioned not long ago the website is garbage, but fellow pinsiders were correct that he had a lot of hard to find gottlieb parts and the prices tend to be cheaper than Marcos, although he is my normal go-to for parts. He must be located near my because I always get them in 1-2 days and the site is still easy to use.

#616 6 years ago

Marco is out of the Carolinas - PBR is from Poughkipsee (?) NY - Pinball Life is from Chicago

I love being located in the middle of that triangle of power.

#617 6 years ago

PBR is pretty good at helping by email

#618 6 years ago

The manual lists the bracket as part number 29583, PBR likes part numbers.

#619 6 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Here is a picture of the cut wires and the connector that I am not sure where they go.

20170914_161917 (resized).jpg20170914_161917 (resized).jpg

#620 6 years ago

I believe this connector is what gets wired to the motor am I correct?

20170914_162238 (resized).jpg20170914_162238 (resized).jpg

20170914_162233_001 (resized).jpg20170914_162233_001 (resized).jpg

#621 6 years ago

Can someone post a picture of the fuse holder and how its wired. I have 2 loose wire bundles and not sure where they should be solders back?

20170914_163022 (resized).jpg20170914_163022 (resized).jpg

#622 6 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

I believe this connector is what gets wired to the motor am I correct?

That's the one. If the motor doesn't have the matching connector you can get one at Great Planes Electronics, or probably pbr, or just cut and solder it.

Quoted from jjoravec:

Here is a picture of the cut wires and the connector that I am not sure where they go.

Those wires go to the opto switch on the right subway. The manual lists it as MA-1925. PBR has two listed that might work gtb-ma1913j and gtb-ma1667. The picture for gtb-ma1913j has the same connector label as your picture so I'm guessing that's the correct one. If you have the bracket still attached to the subway it looks like marco might have transmitter and receiver boards.
20170914_211922 (resized).jpg20170914_211922 (resized).jpg

Quoted from jjoravec:

Can someone post a picture of the fuse holder and how its wired. I have 2 loose wire bundles and not sure where they should be solders back?

Your fuse holder is fine but you are missing the outhole switch 21, part 26927.
20170914_212112 (resized).jpg20170914_212112 (resized).jpg

#623 6 years ago

Hey gang, I have two issues with my SF2. First is the GI lights and both coin slot lights are out and second, the top right ramp opto doesnt work. as for the GI Lights, I tried all the fuses and no luck. the schematics reference soleniod T but it doesnt seem to do anything. As for the Top right ramp opto switch, I exchanged it with the wire ramp switch and it's not the switch. I also bought a new Quad opto board MA1925 but no luck. LED D on the front most board stays lit. Any suggestions?
JB

Added over 7 years ago: Update: I changed the second Quad opto board and the opto switch works now. I also have the front coin door lights working and just need the GI lights to work. I also see a bar of lights on the back inside of cabinet and I wonder how I can get those to work.
Thanks
JB

#624 6 years ago

Greetings all, I'm in new of a replacement lockdown bar for my Streetfighter pinball. Does anyone have one or know what part number I should look for... or where I could buy one? Thanks!

#625 6 years ago

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/D-16951 There are some part numbers there for you.

1 week later
#626 6 years ago

Did anyone take pictures or steps for the installation of Cliffys for SF2? I've never installed them before and I think I have the idea (double sided adhesive - screw down where applicable...) but any other tips/tricks for them? (cleaning the wax off, anything else to prepare, helpful hints?)

#627 6 years ago

Did anyone take pictures or steps for the installation of Cliffys for SF2? I've never installed them before and I think I have the idea (double sided adhesive - screw down where applicable...) but any other tips/tricks for them? (cleaning the wax off, anything else to prepare, helpful hints?)

Clean the surface for sure. Essentially the holes in the cliffys line up with screws/posts that already exist in the gift location. You'll have to remove whichever plastic is in the way to get the metal brackets off that bounce the ball down into the E. Honda and M. Bison holes, then remove the posts that the cliffy will get secured by. Clean the surface like you mention.

The adhesive doesn't care to be repositioned so try to line it up right prior to sticking it to the surface. Afterward just reassemble! It should come together pretty intuitively as you go. Good luck!

1 week later
#628 6 years ago

Just pulled the mylar and have got about half of the glue off, just a very tiny tiny bit of paint came off. It's a wall hanger but it should look pretty good when I'm done with it. The shine on the first picture is the glue.

IMGA0370 (resized).JPGIMGA0370 (resized).JPG
IMGA0377 (resized).JPGIMGA0377 (resized).JPG
IMGA0378 (resized).JPGIMGA0378 (resized).JPG

#629 6 years ago

Cliffys were installed first...then waxing.

IMG_5292.jpgIMG_5292.jpg

IMG_5293.jpgIMG_5293.jpg

IMG_5298.jpgIMG_5298.jpg

529816576.jpg529816576.jpg

#630 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Cliffys were installed first...then waxing.

Man - I did NOT want to tear the whole thing down again now that I just got my ramps figured out and everything up and working again. Not to mention I have a whole line of projects in front of this (Pinball Pool total restore, Swords of Fury drop targets malfunctioning, Pinbot Visor Rebuild, Flip a Card Relay(s) rebuild)... Gotta love Pinball!

#631 6 years ago

Anyone know the part number for the EOS switches on the ramp (stargate) coils? They are listed in the schematics as "On L. Gate Sw" and "On R. Gate Sw" but no part numbers for them in the manual that I can find.

#632 6 years ago

A light had been added to the Ken/Ryu circular target. Ditched the yellow post light and replaced it with an opaque white instead. That area was way too dark.....

And thanks to Jappie for all the help and answering my PMs about how he had his installed.

IMG_5332.jpgIMG_5332.jpg

#633 6 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

Anyone know the part number for the EOS switches on the ramp (stargate) coils? They are listed in the schematics as "On L. Gate Sw" and "On R. Gate Sw" but no part numbers for them in the manual that I can find.

In case anyone else is looking for this later the part number is 22264 and PBR sells them for $9.50.

1 month later
#634 6 years ago

Probably going to have to leave the club soon as soon as I order the resistor I blew. This was my first pin and I made some "upgrades" to it (small fixes, PIN2DMD, Cliffys, other stuff.) I'm going to miss it and the locals are going to too but I gotta make room!

#635 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Probably going to have to leave the club soon as soon as I order the resistor I blew. This was my first pin and I made some "upgrades" to it (small fixes, PIN2DMD, Cliffys, other stuff.) I'm going to miss it and the locals are going to too but I gotta make room!

If it's your only pin and you put all that into it - what are you making room for?

#636 6 years ago

First, not only!
And i started collecting wide bodies

#637 6 years ago

Does anyone know where I could buy a replacement connector for one of the plugs for the machine I am restoring? It is the 16 pin connector for the GI in the back box.

IMG_6170 (resized).JPGIMG_6170 (resized).JPG

#638 6 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Does anyone know where I could buy a replacement connector for one of the plugs for the machine I am restoring? It is the 16 pin connector for the GI in the back box.

Those are the Molex minifit jr connectors. Gpe has them as well as most other large electronic suppliers.

BTW your restore is looking great.

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=147

#639 6 years ago

I was looking at this again this morning. I have a bunch of 9 pin 0.156 connectors on hand. I may use one of those as I only need 6 pins.

#640 6 years ago

As the car crush is no longer available what are people doing to replace the car?

Thinking of buying a 1:43 plastic model and putting that on there

#641 6 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

As the car crush is no longer available what are people doing to replace the car?
Thinking of buying a 1:43 plastic model and putting that on there

See this thread- https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-ii-mod

#642 6 years ago

YES!!!!! Thankyou just need to work out what size the car is

#643 6 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

YES!!!!! Thankyou just need to work out what size the car is

I believe it’s a 1/24 scale. At least that’s what I mentioned in the other thread a while back haha. I think that’s what I used when updating mine.

#644 6 years ago

Its either 1:32 or 1:36

#645 6 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

Its either 1:32 or 1:36

After googling a picture, I think you're right with 1/32. I'll have to amend my other post.

2 weeks later
#646 6 years ago

A quick question for SF2 owners....

In the process of doing my restoration, I am having trouble locating a source for the decal that goes around the outside edge of the car-smash window in the playfield. Has anyone found a source for these? I checked with pbresources, and they don't have any.

#647 6 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

A quick question for SF2 owners....
In the process of doing my restoration, I am having trouble locating a source for the decal that goes around the outside edge of the car-smash window in the playfield. Has anyone found a source for these? I checked with pbresources, and they don't have any.

I've never seen anyone selling the plastic window or the decal unless it was out of a parted game.

If you can recreate it you can probably have one made.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-decals-printing-and-cutting-for-pinheads-only

Good luck, the pics in your restore thread are looking great.

#648 6 years ago

For those that installed Cliffy's on their SF2.....

a) how is your bottom left (e.honda) cliffy protector doing?
b) is it holding in place? any lift/wear/issues?

#649 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

For those that installed Cliffy's on their SF2.....
a) how is your bottom left (e.honda) cliffy protector doing?
b) is it holding in place? any lift/wear/issues?

I’ve got some lift on that one. I need to get in there and fix it somehow, just haven’t yet.

#650 6 years ago
Quoted from ZeldaOoT:

I’ve got some lift on that one. I need to get in there and fix it somehow, just haven’t yet.

Same here. If you look at that cliffy like a clock....from 2-5 o'clock there's some lifting going on.

Not sure if it's a result of the ball slamming into the hole after striking the ball deflector. (Causing some lifting)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-club-all-welcomeready-set-shoot/page/13?hl=cocomonkeh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.