(Topic ID: 97724)

Street Fighter club, all welcome.....ready, set, shoot!

By Damon

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,404 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by Parkshow30
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flipper Schematic (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7868980_0 (resized).jpg
20231114_164512 (resized).jpg
flipper diagram (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7860116_0 (resized).jpg
20231109_140205 (resized).jpg
20231109_135954 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7848151_1 (resized).jpg
20231102_131655 (resized).jpg
20231102_131352 (resized).jpg
20230417_201716 (resized).jpg
18103D72-1BCF-4262-ADE2-A2B8DC2DE086 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_1787855_390879 (resized).jpg
20210611_144033 (resized).jpg
20210611_144005 (resized).jpg

There are 1,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 29.
#551 6 years ago

@ latenite04

I really appreciate all your help the last few days...Thank you..........Joey

#552 6 years ago

Just noticed today that the two flashers on the right side of the playing field aren't functioning. Kind of glad someone else asked this question as well....

My summer vacation starts this week so I'll rectify it hopefully by months end (considering if I need to order parts)

#553 6 years ago

And it's kind of neat as they blink 1-2-3 as she says ready-set-shoot....!!!...............Joey

#554 6 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Ok...dumb question again...(sry)...how do I get to this flasher to replace it...and how do I get the little black plugs off...(I'm missing one on my top most flasher,anyone know what they're called so I can order some)...Thank you all for your help.. ................Joey

I just did a full LED swap on mine recently, I simply lifted the playfield up and managed to remove it without taking anything apart. It's a bit tricky but doable.

#555 6 years ago
Quoted from psychopat:

I just did a full LED swap on mine recently, I simply lifted the playfield up and managed to remove it without taking anything apart. It's a bit tricky but doable.

Can you elaborate please? How can you remove the flasher cap if the habit trail is still in place?

If it's possible I'd rather do it that way...but I just can't wrap my head around how you did it.

Thanks

#556 6 years ago

I'm having a hard time too....I lifted the pf...that flasher under the shooter lane did not seem to go thru the pf... but rather sandwiched in some plastics...am I missing something...?............Joey

#557 6 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Ahh...love it...this is a MUST HAVE...!!!............Joey

Does he send it with pre loaded clips pr did you download and edit then yourself?

#558 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Does he send it with pre loaded clips pr did you download and edit then yourself?

He does everything. Simply plug and play

#559 6 years ago

A short 4 minute clip of my color pin2DMD

#560 6 years ago

Glad you guys are enjoying the colorization

#561 6 years ago

Here's a better clip where I killed 11/12 fighters.

#562 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Can you elaborate please? How can you remove the flasher cap if the habit trail is still in place?
If it's possible I'd rather do it that way...but I just can't wrap my head around how you did it.
Thanks

I lifted the playfield about a foot, then moved it all the way forward (as far as you can go), then up. I held it in place with one arm while removing the 2 black plastic thingy holding the flasher cover. Then swapped the bulb and put it back. I did that for both flashers around that hard to reach area. It was a bit tricky, if I had someone helping me to hold the playfield while I did it, would have been a lot easier.

For the little black things that hold the covers, just use a very small flat screw driver (precision) and they will popup right out. Those are like plastic clips from car interior. You reinsert them the same way after you put the cover back on.

#563 6 years ago

I am now 2.5 hours into my teardown and most is off, just two plastics left. Filming the whole thing, and taken lots of pic. Now cleaning everything and hope to get it back this evening.

20170819_165632 (resized).jpg20170819_165632 (resized).jpg

20170819_165628 (resized).jpg20170819_165628 (resized).jpg

20170819_165621 (resized).jpg20170819_165621 (resized).jpg

#564 6 years ago

Thanks so much for this. If you upload that to YouTube it'll be an amazing contribution to the SF2 community!

#565 6 years ago

So, 10 hours and im done. ish.

Some small issues:
- plunger is too weak even at full power. Change to a enw spring?
- somehow the plastic covering the left loop is now to low, so after plunging the ball around, it gets stuck in the plastic. Will have to check later. (any suggestions?)
- The car must be glued back on. I just had to assemble the lower pf to see it
- it seems that every other time I power on the machine, the main power fuse blows. I put in a new fuse, and it starts correctly. wierd.

I will eedit and upload footage of the teardown as soon as I get the chance =)
Else I have uploaded all photos I took here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B32EMoGyH6PrbWhTMVhKUUtLNkE?usp=sharing

20170820_021717 (resized).jpg20170820_021717 (resized).jpg

#567 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

- plunger is too weak even at full power. Change to a enw spring?
- somehow the plastic covering the left loop is now to low, so after plunging the ball around, it gets stuck in the plastic. Will have to check later. (any suggestions?)

Yes to a new spring. When I got mine, it has the same issue. The spring looked fine, but when I took it off it actually had a fracture in it that was too hard to see. A new spring fixed the issue.

With regards to the 'plastic covering the left loop', I unfortunately have no clue what area you're talking about haha.

Your game is looking great!

#568 6 years ago

So in my 1st working SF2 I had Heroclix in it haha,
this one will have misc. toys in it.

Anyone else putting toys in their games?

#569 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

So in my 1st working SF2 I had Heroclix in it haha,
this one will have misc. toys in it.
Anyone else putting toys in their games?

The only "toy" I'd put on my SFII is a arcade mod by @toyotaboy. It's absolutely stunning!! I'm on his waitlist at the moment

#570 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

The only "toy" I'd put on my SFII is a arcade mod by toyotaboy. It's absolutely stunning!! I'm on his waitlist at the moment

That does look awesome.

#571 6 years ago
Quoted from ZeldaOoT:

Yes to a new spring. When I got mine, it has the same issue. The spring looked fine, but when I took it off it actually had a fracture in it that was too hard to see. A new spring fixed the issue.
With regards to the 'plastic covering the left loop', I unfortunately have no clue what area you're talking about haha.
Your game is looking great!

Thanks! Ill start with the spring then!

Hehe there is a plastic to the left of the left ramp. It has a clear part, and this seems to be too low so the top of the ball hits it and stops.

#572 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Thanks! Ill start with the spring then!
Hehe there is a plastic to the left of the left ramp. It has a clear part, and this seems to be too low so the top of the ball hits it and stops.

It's funny you say that. Last week I was tinkering with the top left part of the playfield and tightened some screws. Turns out tightening these screws tightly brings down that clear plastic part covering the Blanka lane....causing the ball to get stuck (usually from exiting after the VUK spits the ball back towards the playfield)

Just loosen the screws a bit until the clear plastic lifts up enough allowing the pinball to clear it without being obstructed by the clear plastic.

#573 6 years ago

Well I got over and saw Cliffy of www.passionforpinball.com yesterday, and he gave me two new armor pieces to test fit on the machine I am restoring. I still need to fasten them down to check the final fit, but I think they will do pretty well.

IMG_5844 (resized).jpgIMG_5844 (resized).jpg

#574 6 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Well I got over and saw Cliffy of http://www.passionforpinball.com yesterday, and he gave me two new armor pieces to test fit on the machine I am restoring. I still need to fasten them down to check the final fit, but I think they will do pretty well.

Any idea when these may become available for sale? Love this idea.

#575 6 years ago
Quoted from ZeldaOoT:

Any idea when these may become available for sale? Love this idea.

I second that - waiting for a Dhalsim hole protector for ages

#576 6 years ago

Well I checked the fit tonight, and the holes line up pretty well. If you want a set, go ahead and email Cliffy. They may not be on his website, but I'm sure he will sell them to you.

#577 6 years ago

Yes and nooo i just finished my tear down and tearup XD

#578 6 years ago

I thought we were going to get a group buy going for the cliffy set once available? Should we just contact him direct?

#579 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

It's funny you say that. Last week I was tinkering with the top left part of the playfield and tightened some screws. Turns out tightening these screws tightly brings down that clear plastic part covering the Blanka lane....causing the ball to get stuck (usually from exiting after the VUK spits the ball back towards the playfield)
Just loosen the screws a bit until the clear plastic lifts up enough allowing the pinball to clear it without being obstructed by the clear plastic.

Yeah that seems to be it Thanks!
Did you have tro take off some stuff to get to the screws?

#580 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Yeah that seems to be it Thanks!
Did you have tro take off some stuff to get to the screws?

Nope. Just a long flat head screwdriver. It's the screw against the cabinet that has the clear plastic underneath it.

Quoted from statictrance:

I thought we were going to get a group buy going for the cliffy set once available? Should we just contact him direct?

Just contact him directly guys....

#581 6 years ago

I'm having the upper playfield issue since I updated it. Going to see if Smithers' solution works for me.

#582 6 years ago

If there's still demand i could initiate another groupbuy.
please send me an email to [email protected] , subject SF.

Shipping worldwide at very reasonable shipping rates incl. tracking

#583 6 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

If there's still demand i could initiate another groupbuy.
please send me an email to info@germangamingsupplies , subject SF.
Shipping worldwide at very reasonable shipping rates incl. tracking

I want one, just not sure when I can swing it yet. Keep me on the list for now.

#584 6 years ago

Does Cliffy make the protector for the Sagat hole yet? thats the only one I m missing.

#585 6 years ago
Quoted from psychopat:

Does Cliffy make the protector for the Sagat hole yet? thats the only one I m missing.

Email him per ImNotNorm 's recommendation above. I Emailed him and just ordered a full set (including Sagat hole) - so I would assume it could be ordered separately. He's on a 3-4 week backorder right now (I think he only made a few to test and is preparing to do the first full SF2 run). Very nice guy to work with and very responsive to EMail.

#586 6 years ago

I'm placing an order with Marcos & need to replace some incandescent bulbs on the playfield & the flashers located on the right side of the playfield.

Does anyone know what kind of bulbs are needed for SF2? I can't seem to be able to find any information in my manual....

edit: Is this correct....

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-0044

#587 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I'm placing an order with Marcos & need to replace some incandescent bulbs on the playfield & the flashers located on the right side of the playfield.
Does anyone know what kind of bulbs are needed for SF2? I can't seem to be able to find any information in my manual....
Thanks

I am about 90% certain that all the GI and matrix bulbs are just #47 bulbs, and all the flashers are all #89. I will be home later this afternoon pacific time

#588 6 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I am about 90% certain that all the GI and matrix bulbs are just #47 bulbs, and all the flashers are all #89. I will be home later this afternoon pacific time

Ok thanks....I'll hold off on ordering until I can get this confirmed. I appreciate it

This site is so great. The community is very helpful

#589 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Ok thanks....I'll hold off on ordering until I can get this confirmed. I appreciate it
This site is so great. The community is very helpful

uncivil_engineer is correct. The GI are all #44 or #47. Essentially the same bulb but 44 is hotter and maybe a bit brighter. The flashers are #89.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bulbs-44-vs-47

#590 6 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

uncivil_engineer is correct. The GI are all #44 or #47. Essentially the same bulb but 44 is hotter and maybe a bit brighter. The flashers are #89.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bulbs-44-vs-47

With that said.....I assume these will do the job?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-0089

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-0044

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-0047

#591 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

With that said.....I assume these will do the job?

Yes

#592 6 years ago

latenite04 to the rescue again

#593 6 years ago
Quoted from psychopat:

Want to see about a double order? I am in Ottawa too. we could split the shipping

#594 6 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Want to see about a double order? I am in Ottawa too. we could split the shipping

sure! I up for that. You need a full set or just the Sagat hole protector too?

#595 6 years ago
Quoted from psychopat:

sure! I up for that. You need a full set or just the Sagat hole protector too?

I need a full set.

#596 6 years ago

Well, here it is for any interested, my street fighter 2 tear down video:

I stopped this version after getting loose the last plastic, figured noone needs to see me novus and wax it. Also, the lower pf was removed earlier but a video of that exist from another guy.

#597 6 years ago

Thank you! Maybe I can solve my upper playfield problem.

#598 6 years ago

Finally got a chance to play SFII and thought it was a blast!
IF the ball off the plunge didn't drain sdtm. Is this intended? Do you really have to nudge EVERY time you plunge just to keep the ball in play? The other 2 machines were fucked too. Ahh... location pinball. It's what made home collecting the behemoth it is today.

#599 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Finally got a chance to play SFII and thought it was a blast!
IF the ball off the plunge didn't drain sdtm. Is this intended? Do you really have to nudge EVERY time you plunge just to keep the ball in play? The other 2 machines were fucked too. Ahh... location pinball. It's what made home collecting the behemoth it is today.

Use the top left flipper....otherwise you'll get SDTM drains

#600 6 years ago

Thank you. I'm a slow learner...oof. Didn't even register with me. But I had a blast playing it.
HE MIGHT NOT EVEN KNOW THAT UPPER FLIPPER IS THERE PAUL!
--I500

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
2,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
StempleLABS
Sound/Speakers
There are 1,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-club-all-welcomeready-set-shoot/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.