Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ImNotNorm
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hey guys, I need some help here. As I was playing my sf pin, I was getting close to the challenge mode. I shot the guile target and as the ball was coming back towards me on the wire form it rolled over the activated ball stop and drained because the game deactivates the flippers until the ball stop goes back down. This causes a ball loss and isn't supposed to happen. What could my issue be? I was thinking weak coil, but it has the same force as the left side stopper. Maybe playfield angle? Anyone know what it should be? Thanks!

#2 6 years ago

Hmmm... I have no idea on this one. I don’t think the flipper power is supposed to go out when the right ball gate triggers.

#3 6 years ago

They do on both side ramps, but the stop comes up to prevent drain on the pause. Every character shot causes a pause to select reward. The only time they don't pause is on the specials and doubles. But characters do.

#4 6 years ago

Just to clarify because I'm kinda confused.....

So when you kill guile or Chun li, it acknowledges the kill? And while doing this the ball stop coil doesn't fire up to hold the ball in place on the wire form? Causing it to drain the ball while you are selecting your reward after the kill?

Is that correct?

#5 6 years ago

I wish it was that simple, sorry if I'm confusing you guys, it does trigger, and both stops extend, but the guile side "jumps" over the stop. I think it might be a pf angle issue. The only reason I think I'm not having an issue with chun li is because the wireform surrounds the ball preventing roll over

#6 6 years ago

Is the ball hitting the pin and jumping over or pushing the pin down and rolling through? The pin should be held up by a spring and when the solenoid engages it will pull the pin down. If the spring is worn and has lost it's tension the ball could force it down. It could also be an angle issue, I believe Street Fighter is supposed to be around 6-6.5 degrees. You can test that quickly by putting something under the front legs to lessen the angle and see if you still have the problem.

#7 6 years ago

thanks, yeah it seems to be jumping over the pin, ill check it tonight, have to install a dope new shooter rod I made last night too... I'll update you guys later on.
thanks!

3 months later
#8 5 years ago

Update?

#9 5 years ago

Dude chill.....he's probably still installing his dope shooter rod...!!!... ......Joey

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Dude chill.....he's probably still installing his dope shooter rod...!!!... ......Joey

Long install process lol. He should get that bartop mod. It's so sweet!!

I'm just curious what the outcome for his problem was.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Tools
PinDoc Restorations
Tools
$ 10.00
Various Novelties
UpKick Pinball
Various novelties
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-ball-stop-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.