• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1521150638049-751178090 (resized).jpg
1521150602386867927646 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Hey all, I have 2 issues with coils in my SFii. The right flipper blows the fuse immediately, and the right sling stays stuck on until the fuse blows. It looks like someone has been fiddling down here in the past, can someone confirm these wires are all correct?

As far as the kicker, I have installed a new transistor at Q3 but the problem remains

1521150602386867927646 (resized).jpg1521150602386867927646 (resized).jpg

1521150638049-751178090 (resized).jpg1521150638049-751178090 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

The left AND right flippers have been upgraded to the a-29876 coils and the fuses are 4A. The left works fine but the right immediately blows the fuse

#3 6 years ago

Didn't mean to double post

#4 6 years ago

Put the original right flipper coil back in and it works, I'd like to have both flippers be the same if possible, thought I had read some other members had success with this in the past.

So there are 2 problems,

1 - the right sling (new coil, new Q3 transistor, new fuse) locks on until the fuse pops as soon as I start a game.

2 - the pins that hold the ball on the guile and chun li returns are slow sometimes, in particular, the chun li post didn't catch my ball as I entered champion mode, leaving me pretty dissappionted at a very cheap drain

#5 6 years ago

Okay, so the Pin on the return ramp is OK, my ramp wasn't screwed down tight enough, screwing it down into place (line up the pin in the dead center of the track!) tightly let it work as it should

only one problem left on the machine and that's a bad right slingshot. I had changed the transistor already (12N10L ), but i am going to put another new one in, if that doesn't do it, are there other components I should be checking?

Replaced the transistor with a new one - the slingshot doesn't fire but if i start a game and try to trigger the solenoid the fuse is blown. Per the manual, I am pretty sure i installed it correctly, can someone confirm the picture above is correct? thanks all

#6 6 years ago

Fixed it! The diode was new with the New slingshot coil but one of the initial tests must have shorted it closed. I replaced the diode and it started sticking on when in game, so I replaced the (new when I started) transistor and voiala! Success!!

Game now plays 100% finally!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-2x-coil-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.