image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
1274826377824-1990420497.jpg
IMG_2447.JPG
IMG_2446.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sosage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Regardless of the game, all System 3s ghost real bad under their inserts. If you go LED and ghosting bothers you, make sure you get ghostbusters or something similar.

+1 this. I tried putting in some regular ole' Ablaze 1's (pretty sure they were Ablaze 1's...need to triple check) and they ghost like CRAZY on my SF2. I had heard there were issues and went with it anyways thinking it wouldn't annoy me. I was wrong. Grand Master's Challenge's initial light show loses a lot of its impact when everything is slightly glowing.

I used the LEDs only under the inserts and tried cool white under whites, red under red and oranges under orange. Cool white looked nice. Red was only a slight improvement. Orange was actually worse than a regular bulb and was actually more difficult to see. If someone has a suggestion for orange, I'm all ears.

You also need to go with a non-polarized style bulb, as the first/last bulb in a chain on the circuit board mounted bulbs will not light. You can fix this issue by reversing the polarity of the socket...but why go through that trouble when there are non-polarized bulbs that will address that issue?

When I decide to re-do my original attempt at LEDs on my SF2, I'm definitely only running with LED's under the inserts. I'd like to try a color changer under the Grand Master's Challenge light and the Bracelet Target...but IIRC the Bracelet Target flashes (haven't turned mine on in a while). I'm not sure if that will be an issue (anyone?).

I'd stick to regular bulbs for GI and playfield illumination, but that's me. 2 CENTS

2 weeks later
#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I just got mine about 2 weeks ago. Its not next to it at this time, but they are both in my basement.
I'd like to see your setup once you get those in. I will post mine when they show up.
This is the machine I just picked up. Wife LOVES it...she beat everyone at our party this weekend.

Nice! A dedicated Z-Back at that. People toss SF2 in all kinds of whacky cabinets, so when a pinball person says, "I have a SF2 vid"...I typically expect to see a hacked up Defender monstrosity.

Also, nice before/after. Funny thing about my SF2 Pin's backglass is that I actually cover it with up with pinball event flyers and misc. stuff.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

:DThanks for the praise.
Im hoping ill be able to grab some more LEDs soon and finish the conversion. I almost want to stick the color changing ones in the car smash so it changes color while in that mode. Might look cool, might be stupid. Not sure yet. Im going to work on the GI first and then move onto the inserts.
Yes, my cabinet is a Z back. I was looking for a LONG time to find a suitable machine and came across MANY mutilated pac-man Frankenstein cabinets that people wanted way too much for. Luckily found this one in the next state and its in great condition.

I'm a bit of a SF fanatic, which is partially what lead me into pinball (after years of collecting vids, I bought a SF2 pinball just for the theme and was hooked ).

ANYWAYS! Color changing down there might wind up looking cool actually. I didn't think about that. I was originally thinking about getting some regular colored bulbs and sort of randomly placing a purple here...a green there...so it looked more like there was different stuff going on in the windows in the alley than just one bright white light. *shrug*

4 weeks later
#31 11 years ago

It was for this:

3 weeks later
#37 11 years ago

Just my recommendation: only do the under playfield inserts. I've yet to see an led setup that handled playfield illumination well. Also on sf2, try warm white for orange inserts. Orange led on mine looked really weird and barely lit.

6 months later
#47 10 years ago

Yeah. Definitely anti-flow design, but that's partially what makes it unique. You're either gonna love that about it...or hate it.

#56 10 years ago

The regular multiball mode in this game is interesting (and very exploitable). I like how you need to control and move your jackpot shots around in a strategic way, so your last high earning jackpot is on a shot you can easily make/repeat. It's not easy, but once you get it down you can crack your first 1B game utilizing that strategy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sosage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-2-with-leds?tu=sosage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.