image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
1274826377824-1990420497.jpg
IMG_2447.JPG
IMG_2446.JPG

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

is there any way to test the integrity of a flipper coil? My left street fighter flipper works great, but I'm not sure if its supposed to have so much trouble getting the ramp shot.

#52 8 years ago

I misremembered the settings. There is a master round timer (adj 51) but not one specifically for the car crunch. But I do know that successive rounds of car crunch are shorter and by the third time through it is impossible to complete in the allotted time.

viperrwk

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

is there any way to test the integrity of a flipper coil? My left street fighter flipper works great, but I'm not sure if its supposed to have so much trouble getting the ramp shot.

Check the resistance of the coil windings. Chances are the coil is good but you need new coil sleeve, pawl, EOS switch, etc.

viperrwk

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

That's because it is (assuming no one changed your game.)
Gottlieb changed the lower left flipper in production games to A-29876 (orange wrapper) which is the most powerful flipper coil they made. They did this to give people a chance to make the right ramp shot and get the ball past Chun-Li. The right flipper is one step down in power - A-25959 (red wrapper.)
viperrwk

Damn never knew that! I'll have to check mine. That left flipper needs to be perfect or that Guile shot is damn near impossible. Think I may have to do a full flipper rebuild on that one.

I know alot of people hate SF2 but honestly I love it. One of my favorite games. If you aren't accurate with your shots and only hit what is lit you don't score.

One of the most challenging wizard modes in pinball as far as I am concerned.

#55 8 years ago

I can get to champion challenge on my first game almost every time...its crazy easy, but MASTERING the challenge is another story....usually takes me a few games to beat it. Racking up a high score is easy too....tor-pe-do.

#56 8 years ago

The regular multiball mode in this game is interesting (and very exploitable). I like how you need to control and move your jackpot shots around in a strategic way, so your last high earning jackpot is on a shot you can easily make/repeat. It's not easy, but once you get it down you can crack your first 1B game utilizing that strategy.

9 months later
#57 7 years ago

shot_2014-07-24_23-40-29.png

Not meaning to resurrect an old thread, but I felt that a shopping list could be in order for people still looking to make the conversion on there SF2 machine.

I was doing some searching because I was going to convert my SF2 machine to all LED. This is my first and only pin. I'm new to pinballs, but have taken what you guys have said here and compiled my shopping list for an order im going to put in at comet pinball. Any suggestions to this list would be appreciated.

6 cyan flex leds for the car crush
25 flashers #89 I kept all the same color
1 non ghost RGB for grandmaster challenge
All the other non ghost ones are color matched
purples are for extra ball and fight again inserts
Non ghost warm white are for orange inserts

The frosted blues and oranges are for general illumination on the playfield and the translating

The clear warm and natural whites are also for the transliting.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from halo2jak:

Not meaning to resurrect an old thread, but I felt that a shopping list could be in order for people still looking to make the conversion on there SF2 machine.
I was doing some searching because I was going to convert my SF2 machine to all LED. This is my first and only pin. I'm new to pinballs, but have taken what you guys have said here and compiled my shopping list for an order im going to put in at comet pinball. Any suggestions to this list would be appreciated.
6 cyan flex leds for the car crush
25 flashers #89 I kept all the same color
1 non ghost RGB for grandmaster challenge
All the other non ghost ones are color matched
purples are for extra ball and fight again inserts
Non ghost warm white are for orange inserts
The frosted blues and oranges are for general illumination on the playfield and the translating
The clear warm and natural whites are also for the transliting.

shot_2014-07-24_23-40-29.png 241 KB

Couple of things I found out the hard way: cyan ct flex ghost and look terrible you're better off going with non ghosting flex, rgb for grandmaster look wonky and frosted ct bulbs won't fit the holes cut in the pf for the gi, holes too small and bulbs are too big...ct retro however works perfect IMO for the gi! Here are some pics of mine, I used this thread and a lot of what chriszg didimage-794.jpgimage-823.jpgimage-508.jpg

#59 7 years ago

Also blue flashers in balrog and blanka looks awesome

#60 7 years ago

That looks sweet! Thank you for the input, that will save me the headache of finding that out myself! Retro bulbs for the GI it is!

I was looking for a cool white for the white inserts, but Comet pinball only had natural white and warm white. You think cyan would be a good replacement color for cool white, even with the blue balrog and blanka leds above it?

#61 7 years ago

I used cointaker premium 2 non ghosting cool whites for the white inserts and was really pleased with the way they came out, idk how cyan would look but it's totally worth a try as long as they're non ghosting because sf2/sys 3 gottliebs ghost like crazy; also I've never dealt with art at comet pinball but I've heard he's a really awesome guy I bet if you email him an idea of you want he'd be willing to help

3 weeks later
#62 7 years ago

Hi

I have buy and receive today my pinball SF2 , where do you order that leds and if do you have in pdf the manual ?

Thanks and nice pinball SF2

5 months later
#63 6 years ago

Looking for this machine to math my arcade SF2..anyone know of any for sale?

2 years later
#65 4 years ago

I'm trying to do the LED upgrade. I'm totally new to working on pinball machines and I'm looking for suggestions on my shopping list.

I know that Damon said RGB doesn't look good, what should I replace it with? Also, I swapped out cyan ct flex ghost for "1 SMD 6.3V AC/DC SUPREME BRIGHTNESS 5050 SUPER FLEX NON-GHOSTING - #44/#47 Bayonet - Cyan", did I find the correct part? Damon mentioned, "ct retro however works perfect IMO for the gi" which part is this? I'm ordering from comet for most of the items, item numbers or product names are appreciated as I'm not good at the abbreviations yet. Thanks

SF2 (resized).png

1 week later
#66 4 years ago

Subscribed! I take delivery of my machine on Monday from SeymorGoldfarbJr on Monday and am looking forward to an LED conversion. I also found an alternative translate over at Ministry of Pinball that I'm considering. Only gripe is that there are newer characters on it that obviously aren't in this pin...

streetfighter-01_mop[1] (resized).jpg

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

I'm trying to do the LED upgrade. I'm totally new to working on pinball machines and I'm looking for suggestions on my shopping list.
I know that Damon said RGB doesn't look good, what should I replace it with? Also, I swapped out cyan ct flex ghost for "1 SMD 6.3V AC/DC SUPREME BRIGHTNESS 5050 SUPER FLEX NON-GHOSTING - #44/#47 Bayonet - Cyan", did I find the correct part? Damon mentioned, "ct retro however works perfect IMO for the gi" which part is this? I'm ordering from comet for most of the items, item numbers or product names are appreciated as I'm not good at the abbreviations yet. Thanks

Did you find your answer?

#68 4 years ago

When I had mine, I just put single LED ghostbusters in the inserts and left the GI incandescent. I am not a huge color GI fan.

Quoted from smitherssp:

Only gripe is that there are newer characters on it that obviously aren't in this pin...

I haven't seen that installed in a game, but the back lighting might not look right behind that. Almost make you wish the game had a single florescent tube

I like this one. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-club-all-welcomeready-set-shoot/page/6#post-3596097 It looks good all lit up in the game.

Wish it was available when I had my SF2. I am looking for another one. My kids miss this game.

#69 4 years ago

i wish this machine would go back to having a bad reputation so i could afford to buy one again.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdrillcar:

i wish this machine would go back to having a bad reputation so i could afford to buy one again.

Just invite the fine folks from this thread here. That should help!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-2-is-terrible

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

I don't know if these pictures will help you or any one else decide but I just did the inserts a few days ago with color matched Comet 4smd non ghosting. I had warm white in the white inserts but I changed them to natural white because I like the color better. The warm white was nice but too yellow for how I wanted it to look, it looked a lot like the incandescent bulbs. The natural white inserts don't look as bright and washed out in person. In the backbox I did all natural white frosted bulbs, the $.38 ones. I'm in the middle of pulling apart the playfield to clean and re rubber and will be putting in natural white led bulbs for the gi. The slingshots already have the natural white bulbs in the playfield picture. I think it looks better in person, led's don't photograph well with a phone.

StreetFighterBackbox (resized).jpg
StreetFighterLEDPlayfield (resized).jpg

#72 4 years ago

I was too unsure of doing this as my first pinball upgrade, so I bought a nice LED kit from an eBay seller that came with detailed diagrams and labels of where all the bulbs go. He took a best offer of $135 for 188 bulbs, I figure I paid an extra $25-35 for the instructions and ease of it. He was even able to swap out the car crush to all blue bulbs for me. I'm going to do the upgrade next week and I'll take a before and after video to show the difference.

#73 4 years ago

Which seller? Are they non ghosting bulbs?

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside