9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

203.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Damon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 9 years ago

My up kicker bison side hits the bottom part of the wire rail above it causing it to kick out weak, anyone have a clue as to why? My upkickers both also fire out weak if there's 2 balls that kick out back to back(in multi ball for example) btw

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from sosage:

There is supposed to be a metal stop with a rubber pad above the hole, that the ball hits when coming out, causing the ball to travel horizontal. The ball should not come close to banging into the wire rail.
As for the back-to-back issue, are you talking about when there are two balls in the *same* hole? Having balls eject weak in that scenario is normal for every machine.

The metal stop is there but the ball kicks to the front of the hole instead if the back so it kicks too high forward and misses the stop entirely hitting the wire rail. I am also looking for a replacement rubber for the stop but having trouble finding it, anyone know where to find it? I was indeed talking about having two balls in the same hole and it kicking out weak, thanks for clarifying that this is normal

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

I think this stuff may work D...
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17&products_id=131
I have some at home I can bring by next time, if you can wait. Ordered the parts for TSPP from pinbits today, which should arrive soon as they're here in the bay area.

I don't think the foam will work because it feels like a hard rubber meant to bounce the ball out further rather than deaden the impact but we def try it

Quoted from viperrwk:

As for the "metal stop", it's called a "ball snubber". The black rubber on it is actually hard polyurethane to get a better bounce out of the VUK. Details and P/Ns are in this thread:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-locating-gottlieb-part

This may be because someone might have put the wrong snubber back in place when they shopped the game. There are a few different lengths used on SF2 and someone might have mixed them up. Hard to believe the VUK misses the snubber entirely with the correct one installed.
viperrwk

Thank you very much the post was very helpful, thinking maybe my snubbers are switched, as for the rubber i found the part number (28504) but I can't find the part, talked to Steve young but he didn't have it. I'll just try my luck a few places and see what happens

#14 9 years ago

Found the part I needed as part of a lot of items in this auction ebay.com link: Gottlieb Premier Street Fighter Pinball Machine Pf Metals Wire Actuator Lot

Only need the snubbers, anyone need any of the other parts?

Post edited by Damon: Link wasn't working

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Damon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-2-weak-upkickers?tu=Damon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.