Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by BubbaPin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

So I will apologize in advance if there is incorrect spelling and run ins. I'm trying to type this up on my 15 minute work break.

Last weekend I picked up a street fighter 2 pinball that was a project. The car crunch did not work at all and it was dirty all to hell. Fixed the car crunch day one. This past wednesday I had the day off and was going to start cleaning some ramps and somenplayfeild areas. Put everything back together and went to play a game, right ramp flap would stick energized during gameplay, noticed the issue, inspected it, and it was mushroomed, we did play the game alot the night before and I am aware the original coils can do that and cause problems. So I removed the coil, order a new set. Two days later, wife really wanted me to have it up and running that night because she had people over. Told her that didnt have new coils, she asked if there was anything I could do for a temp fix.

This is where I'm going to stop and say that I am probably one of the dumbest people you could ever meet. I'm not super educated in electrical engineering but I know how to sauder and all that. I was also 3 beers in at this point so my judgement and knowledge was out the window. Thank you.

That's when I said "sure babe let me figure something out" so my dumb*** decided to take a old ac flipper coil, saucer a diode to it and retrofit it in the same spot. Did self test and blew the fuse, now the other ramp won't work with a new fuse. Checked the transistor on the driver board, no dice when I attach it to ground, changed the transistor with a different one, no dice, but the original transistor worked in the spot I took the new one from. So far I've made multiple orders this week to Marco's tracking up in 30 dollars shipping alone and 60 dollars in parts for 2 new transistors, fuse kit, and two new solenoids that are updated to replace the original ones.

Can someone tell me what my dumb*** did. And where I need to be looking

#2 4 years ago

Also to note, top holes are also not working now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-2-ramp-coil-problems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.