(Topic ID: 301832)

Street fighter 2 problem after removing batteries.

By abispac

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by phishrace
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Question for someone who owns an Street Fighter 2 here, a real machine, is for a friend of mine. He removed the batteries of the board, now the game never ends,it keeps spiting balls, wonder if someone knows how to fix this, if is not allowed i apologise in advance and please delete. Thanks again.

#3 2 years ago

Does the game change from ball 1 to ball two properly?
Does it act the same no matter how many players are started, 1-4?

#4 2 years ago

is the main problem that it is still a SF2? Go into switch test mode. Take the balls out and and check each spot in the ball through.

#5 2 years ago

My Stargate, also a Gottlieb System 3 did this when it was reset to factory default settings. Turns out it had a minimum scoring threshold where if you did not reach that set amount of points by the end of the third ball it would keep giving it back until you did. You can go through the menu settings and disable this.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Does the game change from ball 1 to ball two properly?
Does it act the same no matter how many players are started, 1-4?

Yes it does, once you loose a ball the ball counter changes properly.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Bonk:

My Stargate, also a Gottlieb System 3 did this when it was reset to factory default settings. Turns out it had a minimum scoring threshold where if you did not reach that set amount of points by the end of the third ball it would keep giving it back until you did. You can go through the menu settings and disable this.

Ill look into this and post results

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

is the main problem that it is still a SF2? Go into switch test mode. Take the balls out and and check each spot in the ball through.

English is my third lenguage so sometimes i got problems understanding jokes, so ill ask, is being an sf2 with a wink being some kind of joke? if so, do this games suck or something? my friend had a funhouse pin that could never fix the audio and he trade it for this one, game worked fine but for some reason he removed the bateries to install some new ones and clearly he took to much time to get in trouble.

#9 2 years ago

New detail , my friend says the game wont take coins, its like in freeplay mode.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from abispac:

Question for someone who owns an Street Fighter 2 here, a real machine, is for a friend of mine. He removed the batteries of the board, now the game never ends,it keeps spiting balls, wonder if someone knows how to fix this, if is not allowed i apologise in advance and please delete. Thanks again.

Perform a Factory Reset from the settings menu.
Restart game.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from PINTEC:

Restart game.

yes, ima go today and do that and post results

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from PINTEC:

That's essentially what happened when they replaced the battery.

Bonk called it. The setting is called Minimum Game Time. Set it to all zeros. Usually one of the last settings.

#14 2 years ago

Update: So after playing with the settings and performing a factorysettings, the game plays nicely again. Thanks for your sugestions.

Theres another problem, the balls gets randomly stuck on the first hole,let me explain:
You know when you launch the ball and it gets stoped on a hole and the game tells something like "use your flipper" then the ball gets spited. Well sometimes the ball gets stuck there, no sound of anything trying to spit it out. Hope someone has any experince with this kind of problem. Thanks again for your help.

#15 2 years ago

You need to run switch test to test that switch. Be sure to use a ball to test as sometimes your finger will trigger the switch, but the ball won't.

http://www.pinrepair.com/sys3/index.htm#diag

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 39.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-2-problem-after-removing-batteries?hl=pintec and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.