• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20191102_133038 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Hi All

The coil that operates the left stargate ramp on my SF2 is locked solid, the coil needs to be replaced as a service bulletin says my the current one is obsolete & I have identified the required replacement (for some reason the right ramp coil has the correct/current one & works fine), just looking at the board there seems to be some minor damage around the Mosfet, I did a few tests on it & I think it is shot as well. I've have done soldering work before (not on pinballs) & will get back up to speed before I attempt it but I was wondering if there was any way to get the coil & wires out from the underside of the playfield to do the job on my bench (I doubt it very much !) or must it be done where it is, if so how do people manage to keep the job clean & tidy. With respect to getting the board out of the machine, is there a tool to assist with the plastic pegs that hold the board or are they solid enough & not susceptible to snapping ?.

Many thanks in advance for any guidance

#2 4 years ago

Legs are solid and the board too. Just have a look on each one to know where to pinch them on the right direction...use a bolt and pinch them one by one. Push the 2 legs pegs in the right direction as show on picture the board came easily when you push pegs right...

20191102_133038 (resized).jpg20191102_133038 (resized).jpg
#3 4 years ago

Thanks very much for replying & for the directions/instructions, very much appreciated, Cheers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-2-left-stargate-ramp?hl=benhurr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.