• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5904 (1) copy (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-03-04 at 1.55.46 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-03-04 at 1.55.59 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Onevox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago

I'll do what I can here.

I would plan on replacing coil sleeves and flipper bushings at a minimum. Sounds like something is getting hung up and those would be the easiest to replace if there's not a visual cue of a wire catching something or whatever. If you want to test before you order parts, remove the coil sleeve from other flipper coil and put in the sticky one. If that doesn't fix the problem, try the bushing that way. (I've had cracked flipper bushing shafts but it wasn't visible installed.) Steve at pbresource can pack a kit for all coil sleeves you'll need for the game; always a good idea to replace all unless you know they're new. Make sure you use the right sleeve in the right location.. -- If you want to go further, get new coil plungers and links. If you want to go all the way, get flipper rebuild kits. I also got new flipper bats on SF2 because three of mine were cracked. Worth an inspection since you'll need to release the flipper shaft to remove the bushing.

If you don't have coil A-30468 on the ramps, you may want to replace. Mine had never been replaced and it was a factory recommendation.

#3 Not sure. I'll look into it.

Meant to mention: the cars are hard to come by. I read a post where someone used a toy car as a replacement, provided it's the right scale. You just need to drill holes for the shaft. I thought about getting something like this to replace the original with the lights working since it would be a cool mod, and look more like the backglass.

Screen Shot 2017-03-04 at 1.55.59 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-03-04 at 1.55.59 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2017-03-04 at 1.55.46 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-03-04 at 1.55.46 PM (resized).png

1 week later
#4 7 years ago

Flipper position. should be a simple fix by loosening the hex screw that holds the coil link to the flipper shaft, then hold the flipper in the correct position and retighten the hex screw (at first just a enough to hold in position. lower playfield and see if its right. when it is, tighten hex screw with a little more torque). May take a couple of tries to get it right. The gap between the flipper bushing and the linkage with the hex screw should be about the thickness of a credit card. I cut a slot the width of the flipper shaft in an old gift card and slide that on before I tighten.

#5 7 years ago

Shooter rod power. Just need to get a stiffer spring that goes on the inside of the cab. They come in different stiffnesses <probably not the right term. PBR has these too.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=shooter+spring

2 weeks later
#7 7 years ago

I'm not sure I'm tracking the issue correctly. The ball is hitting the ramp? See image. Ramp at 1, plunger tip at 2. Or is plunger tip hitting the edge of the playfield?

If ball is slowed by hitting ramp, you'd need to tighten the screws under the playfield. The ends of the ramp wireform should be below the surface of the playfield.

Make sure the hooks on the front of the playfield are setting all the way into the slots of the lock down mechanism. Also you may want to loosen the screws on the plunger face/bracket and then retighten a alternating a couple of turns on each bolt until fully tight to make sure the plunger housing is seated correctly.

IMG_5904 (1) copy (resized).jpgIMG_5904 (1) copy (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Onevox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-2-issues-flipper-playfield-of-a-1st-time-owner?tu=Onevox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.