kst (resized).jpg
giphy(28).gif
RescueSweePea.gif
SF2 (resized).jpg
20170411_135100 (resized).jpg
1491932810690-604650826 (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
TP (resized).jpg
yfzYi4jf8FrMHta7Ck2NHFp9pZhXjLDEdS-_sW1j0E1sb_y4EUgDGobH223RMf_Rvv2t=s85 (resized).jpg
mel2 (resized).jpg
mel1 (resized).jpg
SFPF (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zimjoe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#136 7 years ago

I kinda miss mine. I had a pretty clean one that played great. My son loved it. I traded it for a Rocky and Bullwinkle that I really enjoy.

Threads like this help keep the price down, so I can pick up another cheap.

3 weeks later
#184 7 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

All right, truly insane opinion coming here....

Testify! I like the game, I have friends who like the game. I always kept mine in tournament mode for the free play setting. Once you enter championship mode and siren bell thingy starts... man that is exciting stuff.

I traded the game away and I miss it. I see one on CL currently that I am thinking about grabbing cheap once the current owner loses hope of ever selling it.

I say bash away, more for me!

(I think I have made similar statements in this thread before. Fun thread, keep up the good work!)

#188 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Why are you crapping on our thread?!? Purge Purge!

What? I'm encouraging this.

Another Street Fighter II just came up for sale on my local CL. I'm seriously considering another one. I just need to get rid of something less awesome...

Of course, if I have to sell a Street Fighter II I fully expect this thread to quiet down.

#189 7 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I agree with your post, especially what I quoted here. That's why I got this.

Dude, where did you get this? This is the one Alt translite I'm on board with and I own a Raven and a Genesis.

#195 7 years ago

OK, both Street Fighter II pins near me on CL sold. They were asking like $1400 and $1500 in each ad and they sold pretty quickly.

I feel this topic is failing me. I want to get one of these, but for under $1000. Let us continue to talk crap please!

I mean if a Street Fighter II is bringing in that kind of cash what is my Raven worth?

#197 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

doesn't mean that's what they were sold for. I've had games on CL for sale and actually sold for half of what I listed.

I completely agree, but they sold pretty quickly. I usually camp an item for a week or three while the grim reality of never selling settles in on them. Then I swoop in with my money and save them. Bought my Victory for $500 using this technique.

Of course, I tried this technique waiting for a Tag-Team Pinball I wanted. Some guy wanted crazy money for it, and I waited a long time. One day it just disappeared. I assume the guy died on it... probably sobbing. I could have saved his life had I acted quicker

#201 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Raven is often the butt of jokes, but it's actually a decent game. It's much better than Street Fighter 2.

I like Raven; I have a Raven. At one point my collection consisted of three machines and I had both Raven and Street Fighter II. I still have Raven, but it isn't an indictment of Street Fighter II. I could trade Street Fighter II away... no one wants Raven.

#204 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is my thread and it's very precious to me. Please refrain from hashtag abuse.

Made me snort laughing so hard.

Do you think it's easy being that annoying? Press Hashtag... wait for blue shading... start typing... select the game (don't press enter)

Glad you appreciated it.

1 week later
#214 7 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Yeah STPCore has my permission to sell it, not RetroRefurbs ripping it off.

Good to know if I get another one. That translite is great.

2 weeks later
#248 7 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

I owned a beautiful condition SF2 for about a week and realized I had made one of the biggest mistakes of my life.

You need to step it up in the mistake making area if that is the pinnacle

Next time a beautiful condition SF2 falls into your lap (at well below market cost I might add), you let me know and I will finally come visit.

Quoted from fisherdaman:

Raven is a turd and so is SF2. a turd is a turd, no real variations as its all shit at the end of the day.

So much pinanthropy... I like both games. I've owned both and still have the Raven. I just can't find it in me to hate anything this much. Well, there is kale. I'm pretty sick of kale. While technically kale is not a pinball machine, this kinda fits the conversation.

#252 7 years ago

ZIMpinmarketmanipulation

At least it's named after me

1 week later
#287 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I believe you meant "way worser".

Are you referring to all other games in comparison to SF2? That might be a little strong

#290 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Update:
Street Fighter II: still terrible.

I'm sensing a lack of conviction here. Has hating SF2 become rote? You are going to have to try harder than that or we, the likers, will outweigh the negative opinions.

Once again positive thoughts and messages win the internet and all forum conversations

#293 7 years ago

I like to hate on SFII is that positive or negative?

Totally Positive!

I'm 99% sure this is what the internet was made for. A fiercely debated subject with super low actual impact.

#305 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That makes no since!

When did this ever make sense

I do have to say, this has become one of my favorite topics. While the OPs arguments have yet to sway me, I enjoy the conviction.

I think SF2 makes a great bash toy for the forum; no one has a ton of money into one, so we are allowed to say what we think. Cough, cough, Batman 66 (Premium), cough. I've never played one, but man do people get roused by that topic

#307 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

and with 2 people on the planet that think it isn't a steaming pile of shit, there isn't much chance of the price going beyond the $600 price point they can command today.

I would buy nice examples all day long at that price, but they would have to be pretty nice.

1 month later
#312 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Someone on Facebook has a PARTIALLY WORKING SF2 for $2500 and another person has commented "this will be gone in no time!" "How is this still here?"

While I do enjoy SF2, Facebook is just stupid.

Nice video above too; Mighty Mouse for the win!

#331 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah, trolling all 3 of those SF2 superfans out there. I know, it's uncalled for...

It does make me a little sad... that I sold my SF2

All this talk makes me want another one.

Quoted from Taxman:

I get that. It is the "Wishlist" that should be concerning.

Putting it back on my wish list! Seriously, I am... right now...

#334 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Did you get more than these jokers think its worth?

Mine was in decent shape and worked 100%. I traded it for a nice Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Before people accuse me of taking advantage, the buyer was a solid collector and good player. He played mine at a tournament or two and kept asking to set up a trade. He even suggested R&B.

Just saw him recently and I asked if he wanted to sell it back; he said no.

That's why I am so sad.

#337 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

It's what I could have bought it for...many many times. $600.

Sorry to say there are none to be had at that price or I would own another. Not sure if they all got gutted for their boards to save Waterworlds and Class of 1812s or what.

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So I'm not shaming anybody for owning it. I'm shaming people for claiming it's good.
For shame!

I am shameless! When one of you haters finds a sweet SF2 for real cheap, let me know. I won't charge you much to take it away

Quoted from Glockonfire:

Wait! Is Popeye terrible?

I haven't played this, but it looks fun. I loved Popeye as a kid and I love the world... best theme ever?

#361 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

SF2 just listed for $1750 on pinside. It's for sale at $1750 not "take it from me and I'll pay you $1750" like it should be.

Right, I would charge way less than $1750 to help them get it out of their house.

#381 6 years ago

Made me snort! I find this all very entertaining.

Quoted from littlecammi:

SW:E1 is the second best P2K game ever produced.

That's the spirit!

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

guess he has all the time in the world to hang on to it.

Should we start a pool predicting when this sells? It's really hard to tell since so many games seem to change hands but not officially sell.

#383 6 years ago

Another one listed for sale at $1800. It looks nice.

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Street Fighter II very nice condition , second owner. Has original car in "car crash". $1,800. Will consider trades. Will ship if buyer arranges shipping.”
2017-05-20
Morrisville, PA
1,800 (OBO)
Archived after: 38 days
Viewed: 192 times

I think this is a game on the move upwards.

#386 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I think Levi has started a buzz about the game.

I'm pretty sure that is exactly what he was doing. He has a secret stash of them in pristine shape; he is waiting to cash in. We are totally on to you!

Quoted from TheLaw:

Everyone will pre-pay for this and then be pissed when they actually receive it.

Tee Hee

That's my fake laugh, because SF2 is great! (ok, maybe just good)

#387 6 years ago

What? That is my second down vote! Not cool CaptainNeo ... not cool

I thought it was my first, and I was going to make an inappropriate joke about it. So, not cool twice.

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Say something nice about Zaccaria and then i'll give you a thumbs up

One, that's blackmail. Two Zaccaria's are really nice. One of our local collector's has a Time Machine and a Pinball Champ. The playfields on those look perfect still. Fun games too.

Quoted from Malenko:

the steam Zaccaria is actually quite well done

I'll second this; they did a nice job on it and it's quite fun. I just play it on my PC, I don't have a VP cabinet or anything.

#393 6 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Any haters can send one my way

Good to have you! The haters are all talk; none have given me one yet

#396 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Also, I thought BBBB was considered the worst modern pin of all time.

I think it just has 3 Bs

1 month later
#432 6 years ago

I feel like we can do better than this. This starts to feel like a kid argument: It suck, no it doesn't, it sucks, no way, and so on. Please try and give specific issues so I can refute them.

I'm going to add a thing that is really nice about SF2; it is at a nice height for my hands... I realize that is true of most games, but at 9 pages I'm running out of positive things to say.

#436 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

because they are built rock solid and made better than everyone else.

That old Gottlieb quality can't be beat!

#443 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

It didn't even stay in your top 22.

Aw Snap!

#446 6 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

or the dmd animations....
or the sound....
or the art....
or the playfield...

What?

The animations are fine; they do lack some detail. They look amazing in color. Malenko has done all the color dmd stuff and it looks great. Makes me want to buy another one.

The call outs are great and mine had great sound. "You can't win if you walk away" classic!

The art was bad when looking at the backglass; there is a new one of those now, thanks to @malenko. The rest of the machine looked OK

The playfield looked good. Pictures of characters and stuff. Better than some modern pins.

#449 6 years ago

As far as the playfield art goes, a giant mound of cheesy mashed potatoes and some triangles is not decent. You can't rule out the original derpy Chun-li because someone else fixed it either.

Don't forget the stars everywhere. I looked at pictures of it yesterday and maybe the playfield is not that great, but worst art ever... far from it.

The color ones were nearly completely replaced and re-coded, so they look a million times better, yes.

They do look amazing. The old ones never bothered me, but I know some people had complaints.

There was a good reason TNT dropped one of these off the roof.

Because it was was an empty cabinet.

1 month later
#465 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Wow, reference from one of the best games out there for one of the shittest. Talk about extremes.

Good to see this thread getting bumped. Have to remind people how wrong half the posters in this thread are

#479 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's the whole point. We are enjoying our bashing.

and I am enjoying my role as anti-basher. This thread would grow tired without opposition. I really enjoy some of the more creative bashing.

I have friends who are much better players than I and they are openly enthusiastic about the game. Different tastes for everyone is what makes this hobby fun.

While I don't think it's the greatest game ever, my son loved the game when we had it. I would buy it again if I found one cheap enough. All the work Malenko has done really makes the game fresh. One of the biggest complaints about the game is the old dots.

#484 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's a pinball machine, not your mom.

Now we are talking! Why hasn't there been a thread about my Mom, yet?

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's by people who try to say this game is good and might trick unsuspecting suckers into buying this game.

Same has been said about my Mom

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
$ 119.99
2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zimjoe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-2-is-terrible?tu=zimjoe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.