kst (resized).jpg
giphy(28).gif
RescueSweePea.gif
SF2 (resized).jpg
20170411_135100 (resized).jpg
1491932810690-604650826 (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
TP (resized).jpg
yfzYi4jf8FrMHta7Ck2NHFp9pZhXjLDEdS-_sW1j0E1sb_y4EUgDGobH223RMf_Rvv2t=s85 (resized).jpg
mel2 (resized).jpg
mel1 (resized).jpg
SFPF (resized).jpg
There are 492 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
#351 6 years ago
Quoted from Glockonfire:

Agreed. Its was bad as Street Fighter the Movie.

Low blow man...low blow!

#352 6 years ago

I think by now everyone understands that sf2 isn't as good as the top rated games. The game is priced accordingly. Why shame people for owning it? Not everyone has the funds for multiple top rated games. Maybe we should go through everyone's collection that criticized this game and talk about how terrible some of their games are.

#353 6 years ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

I think by now everyone understands that sf2 isn't as good as the top rated games. The game is priced accordingly. Why shame people for owning it? Not everyone has the funds for multiple top rated games. Maybe we should go through everyone's collection that criticized this game and talk about how terrible some of their games are.

Sounds like a new thread idea. What are the worst games you own?

Here are the 3 I own that other people would pick on - Royal Flush Deluxe, Austin Powers and Popeye. I have personal reasons for liking them and having them in my collection. But I know what others think. The others I have are probably hard to pick on.

#354 6 years ago

Fire!, baby pacman, and odds and evens suck!!

#355 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Here are the 3 I own that other people would pick on - Royal Flush Deluxe, Austin Powers and Popeye. I have personal reasons for liking them and having them in my collection. But I know what others think. The others I have are probably hard to pick on.

Wait! Is Popeye terrible?

#356 6 years ago
Quoted from Glockonfire:

Nope. And most people who give it a real try without listening to others realize it is an underrated game.

I said "other people would pick on".

#357 6 years ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

The problem is it's at best a $600 game, just like it has been for a decade. But lately, I've seen price creep on this monstrosity, and people are encouraging it by claiming "hey it's not so bad."

This kind of fake news is what's wrong with the country today! Also, get off my lawn.

So I'm not shaming anybody for owning it. I'm shaming people for claiming it's good.

For shame!

#358 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Nope. And most people who give it a real try without listening to others realize it is an underrated game.
I said "other people would pick on".

That's a relief.

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So I'm not shaming anybody for owning it. I'm shaming people for claiming it's good.
For shame!

I am shameless! When one of you haters finds a sweet SF2 for real cheap, let me know. I won't charge you much to take it away

Quoted from Glockonfire:

I haven't played this, but it looks fun. I loved Popeye as a kid and I love the world... best theme ever?

#360 6 years ago

SF2 just listed for $1750 on pinside. It's for sale at $1750 not "take it from me and I'll pay you $1750" like it should be.

#361 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

SF2 just listed for $1750 on pinside. It's for sale at $1750 not "take it from me and I'll pay you $1750" like it should be.

Right, I would charge way less than $1750 to help them get it out of their house.

#362 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

guess he has all the time in the world to hang on to it.

#363 6 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

I am shameless! When one of you haters finds a sweet SF2 for real cheap, let me know. I won't charge you much to take it away

I haven't played this, but it looks fun. I loved Popeye as a kid and I love the world... best theme ever?

Popeye used to be "the worst game in pinball" which I always thought was unfair, especially in a world filled with Gottlieb System 3s. It's not THAT bad...but it's still that bad. The main issues with Popeye are an uninspired playfield layout with crap all over the place blocking the ball, and software that often makes zero sense. The upper playfield is the worst offender. It really doesn't tell you what to do, and if you actually manage to do it, it doesn't bother telling you what you did. I like the sound and music, and it's not the worst game ever made, but it's probably the worst WPC game. Pretty bad waste of a theme.

They managed to move some of these units, but I heard the not pathetic sales figures are due to Williams forcing distributors to buy them if they wanted the latest Mortal Kombat game.

#364 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

... The upper playfield is the worst offender. It really doesn't tell you what to do, and if you actually manage to do it, it doesn't bother telling you what you did.....

I guess you never looked at the DMD when in the upper playfield. It is really simple. Rescue Swee Pea and there is a map on how to do it. There is a picture showing you doors available. There are three lights over the ramp for left, forward and right. And most of all

There is a map with an X on it.

Look - Shoot the middle to go straight 4 times and you win! Real hard.

There was a software bug in the first run of the software that did not give you the Rescue animation.

RescueSweePea.gifRescueSweePea.gif

#365 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I guess you never looked at the DMD when in the upper playfield. It is really simple. Rescue Swee Pea and there is a map on how to do it. There is a picture showing you doors available. There are three lights over the ramp for left, forward and right. And most of all
There is a map with an X on it.
Look - Shoot the middle to go straight 4 times and you win! Real hard.

When you "win" NOTHING appears on the screen - pretty sweet "reward" for something that's extremely difficult to do. Nor does it tell you WHY you want to "rescue sweet pea" in the first place. I still have no idea. Did I win points? If so, how many? Why did I just waste 10 trips to the upper playfield trying to accomplish this dull and trying task?

Don't take it personally man. There's plenty of reasons Popeye has such a bad rap and this is one of them.

#366 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

When you "win" NOTHING appears on the screen - pretty sweet "reward" for something that's extremely difficult to do. Nor does it tell you WHY you want to "rescue sweet pea" in the first place. I still have no idea. Did I win points?
Don't take it personally man. There's plenty of reasons Popeye has such a bad rap and this is one of them.

There was a software bug in the first run of the software that did not give you the Rescue animation.

You win 50,000,000 - I half fixed the animated GIF so you can see the entire sequence. Sorry about the strange artifacts.

Sorry dude. I'm sticking to my guns on this one. You must have had the first run of software.

#367 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

You must have had the first run of software.

Obviously.

It's still kind of a laborious task without a great payoff. Nobody has ever included Popeye's upper playfield on a list of the greats.

But hey you are missing the point...I do NOT think it's the worst game ever made! And this is a rep it had for a decade.

#368 6 years ago

Come on Mr. Sarcasm. Give me some cred for pulling out the GIF. I just happen to be on the laptop I colored the game with

#369 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Come on Mr. Sarcasm. Give me some cred for pulling out the GIF. I just happen to be on the laptop I colored the game with

Thanks for including that clip so I know now, 10 years later, that I won 50 million points! The animation is cute too.

But "mr. sarcasm?" That's not really my thing, I think sarcasm is pretty much the laziest form of humor.

I do satire!

#370 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Thanks for including that clip so I know now, 10 years later, that I won 50 million points! The animation is cute too.
But "mr. sarcasm?" That's not really my thing, I think sarcasm is pretty much the laziest form of humor.
I do satire!

One of these days someone, somewhere will get a thumbs up from you. And that day we will know someone, somewhere hacked your account

#371 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

One of these days someone, somewhere will get a thumbs up from you. And that day we will know someone, somewhere hacked your account

Not sure if you noticed, but you know what NOBODY will get from me? A thumbs down. because I completely blocked that idiotic feature months ago. Can I get some credit for that?

#372 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Mine are Barb Wire and X-files and SW:E1 and Baywatch. Only SW:E1 is in my pinball room (alongside RFM).

'96 Barb Wire purchased in '97 in excellent condition
'97 X-files purhcased NIB in '97
'99 SW:E1 purchased NIB in '99
'94 Baywatch purchased in '97 in good condition but with some cabinet dings

But they're still pinball and still fun to play, although X-files can be brutal.

#373 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Mine are Barb Wire and X-files and Star Wars: Episode 1 and Baywatch. Only SW:E1 is in my pinball room (alongside RFM).

I just got rid of a Team One which is certainly the worst game I've owned in ages. Way too easy with a terrible ruleset, and ugly too.

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Mine are Barb Wire and X-files and SW:E1...

That's like the 27 Yankees of shit games.

#375 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's like the '27 Yankees of shit games.

SW:E1 is the second best P2K game ever produced. I purchased mine NIB and it is in perfect condition.
Barb Wire was the last Gottlieb and limited production. I got it only a year old and it's still in like-new shape.
X-files is one of the SEGA "showcase" backbox games. I purchased mine NIB and it is low play HUO.

#376 6 years ago

So all your awful games are HOU...I guess that's good or something? Ha...yeah I bet those 2 are "Low Plays" and "like-new"

#377 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Mine are Barb Wire and X-files and SW:E1 and Baywatch. Only SW:E1 is in my pinball room (alongside RFM).
But they're still pinball and still fun to play, although X-files can be brutal.

Creds for buying a xfiles NIB!

#378 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I really dont understand the hate for xfiles. Unless it is only because people suck at hitting the ramps, then its a player issue, not a machine issue.

#379 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I really dont understand the hate for xfiles. Unless it is only because people suck at hitting the ramps, then its a player issue, not a machine issue.

I only have problems hitting the ramps because I refuse to play it. But you know what it has been a long time; but it was a soul crusher on release...so bad with such a good theme at the time. I think i can find some poor person's house to play it at and give it another go.

SF2 on the other hand i have played recently and still just as bad as ever.

#380 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Now that is funny.

Quoted from littlecammi:

SW:E1 is the second best P2K game ever produced. I purchased mine NIB and it is in perfect condition...

Yes, it is a Number 2 alright. I don't remember how many people I have known over the years with RFM and SWEP1 in a box near by. But I know every time I asked any of them when the last time they swapped it in I get the "you know the answer" look.

#381 6 years ago

Made me snort! I find this all very entertaining.

Quoted from littlecammi:

SW:E1 is the second best P2K game ever produced.

That's the spirit!

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

guess he has all the time in the world to hang on to it.

Should we start a pool predicting when this sells? It's really hard to tell since so many games seem to change hands but not officially sell.

#382 6 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

Made me snort! I find this all very entertaining.

That's the spirit!

Should we start a pool predicting when this sells? It's really hard to tell since so many games seem to change hands but not officially sell.

well that's one way that game will change hands. Not sell but still change hands. That's about the only way people can get rid of SF2's is to give them away.

#383 6 years ago

Another one listed for sale at $1800. It looks nice.

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Street Fighter II very nice condition , second owner. Has original car in "car crash". $1,800. Will consider trades. Will ship if buyer arranges shipping.”
2017-05-20
Morrisville, PA
1,800 (OBO)
Archived after: 38 days
Viewed: 192 times

I think this is a game on the move upwards.

#384 6 years ago

Yup. I think Levi has started a buzz about the game. People are now saying they have been hearing about this game so there must be something.

Levi has driven up demand and price. Rick at PPS is in talks with Steve Young for the SF2 Remake. It will be the go-to game at all tournaments from now on.

Or we get to see those for-sale ads for the next couple of years slowly coming down to reality. I just sold my WCS94 for $2K who the heck would pay close to that for a turd.

#385 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Levi has driven up demand and price. Rick at PPS is in talks with Steve Young for the SF2 Remake.

This will be counter-point to the Predator fiasco. Everyone will pre-pay for this and then be pissed when they actually receive it.

#386 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I think Levi has started a buzz about the game.

I'm pretty sure that is exactly what he was doing. He has a secret stash of them in pristine shape; he is waiting to cash in. We are totally on to you!

Quoted from TheLaw:

Everyone will pre-pay for this and then be pissed when they actually receive it.

Tee Hee

That's my fake laugh, because SF2 is great! (ok, maybe just good)

#387 6 years ago

What? That is my second down vote! Not cool CaptainNeo ... not cool

I thought it was my first, and I was going to make an inappropriate joke about it. So, not cool twice.

#388 6 years ago

Say something nice about Zaccaria and then i'll give you a thumbs up, and it will even it out.

#389 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Say something nice about Zaccaria and then i'll give you a thumbs up, and it will even it out.

This isnt a cheapie shot at getting an upvote, but the steam Zaccaria is actually quite well done. They added an achievement mode that really breathes some life into the game. Ive never seen one of their tables in the wild that I can remember.

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Say something nice about Zaccaria and then i'll give you a thumbs up

One, that's blackmail. Two Zaccaria's are really nice. One of our local collector's has a Time Machine and a Pinball Champ. The playfields on those look perfect still. Fun games too.

Quoted from Malenko:

the steam Zaccaria is actually quite well done

I'll second this; they did a nice job on it and it's quite fun. I just play it on my PC, I don't have a VP cabinet or anything.

#391 6 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

One, that's blackmail. Two Zaccaria's are really nice. One of our local collector's has a Time Machine and a Pinball Champ. The playfields on those look perfect still. Fun games too.

I'll second this; they did a nice job on it and it's quite fun. I just play it on my PC, I don't have a VP cabinet or anything.

We actually have 2 at our club, farfalla and time machine. They really have their own charm and style

#392 6 years ago

I hope to find a nicely priced SF2 one day. It's the game that got me into pinball ownership! Any haters can send one my way

#393 6 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Any haters can send one my way

Good to have you! The haters are all talk; none have given me one yet

#394 6 years ago

Yeah, sign me up on one someone else doesnt want. Ill gladly take it.

#395 6 years ago

The longer I own my SF2, the more I detest it. I do enjoy the theme and I enjoy telling people what an awful game it is before they play it to keep expectations low. I would play it before two of my other games: TMNT and SW ep 1. All three games do fine on location due to theme and were cheap to purchase so that makes them worth keeping around, I guess.

Also, I thought BBBB was considered the worst modern pin of all time.

#396 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Also, I thought BBBB was considered the worst modern pin of all time.

I think it just has 3 Bs

#397 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I enjoyed playing X-Files while I had it and the ramps are certainly a nice challenge and fun as heck when you can nail them and get some flow going. I also like that pop up man-hole feature. What was totally AWFUL was the sound quality. None of the voice clips from the show are intelligible and just sound like crap.

#398 6 years ago

I just got my first pin....and it happens to be a SF2!

I absolutely love it. I went into a nostalgia overdose playing it my first time.lol

#399 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I just got my first pin....and it happens to be a SF2!
I absolutely love it. I went into a nostalgia overdose playing it my first time.lol

Enjoy the heck outta it!

#400 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Enjoy the heck outta it!

I am! It's frustratingly fun and the music/callouts are sooo cheesy...I love it!

The missus really enjoys it as well. She also asked if we could watch the Street Fighter movie.

I said no to the movie because it's just so gosh darned awful.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 119.99
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 36.95
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 492 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-2-is-terrible/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.