kst (resized).jpg
giphy(28).gif
RescueSweePea.gif
SF2 (resized).jpg
20170411_135100 (resized).jpg
1491932810690-604650826 (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
TP (resized).jpg
yfzYi4jf8FrMHta7Ck2NHFp9pZhXjLDEdS-_sW1j0E1sb_y4EUgDGobH223RMf_Rvv2t=s85 (resized).jpg
mel2 (resized).jpg
mel1 (resized).jpg
SFPF (resized).jpg

There are 492 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.
#302 6 years ago

You are right the price of SF 2 should be dropping like a rock with all this talk but have seen one listed at 1800 and 2000.Crazy prices but then again seems like a lot lot of crazy prices on all pins lately. Rising tides floats all boats i guess. Just visited with a buddy in the retail pin biz and he says its been nuts, lots of new people coming in buying

#303 6 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

I hate to say it but i think the price of SF 2 has went up $500 bucks sense Levi started this thread

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That makes no since!

His post was sinceless.

#304 6 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

You are right the price of SF 2 should be dropping like a rock with all this talk but have seen one listed at 1800 and 2000.

Yeah I can show you a few $3500 T2s on here also...they aint selling at that price either.

#305 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That makes no since!

When did this ever make sense

I do have to say, this has become one of my favorite topics. While the OPs arguments have yet to sway me, I enjoy the conviction.

I think SF2 makes a great bash toy for the forum; no one has a ton of money into one, so we are allowed to say what we think. Cough, cough, Batman 66 (Premium), cough. I've never played one, but man do people get roused by that topic

#306 6 years ago

and with 2 people on the planet that think it isn't a steaming pile of shit, there isn't much chance of the price going beyond the $600 price point they can command today.

#307 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

and with 2 people on the planet that think it isn't a steaming pile of shit, there isn't much chance of the price going beyond the $600 price point they can command today.

I would buy nice examples all day long at that price, but they would have to be pretty nice.

1 month later
#308 6 years ago

So, I was trying to think of a good place to post this and then remembered this thread. Someone on Facebook has a PARTIALLY WORKING SF2 for $2500 and another person has commented "this will be gone in no time!" "How is this still here?"

Have people lost their damn minds?! Not even a fully working garbage SF2 for $2500 and someone thinks that's a steal?! I've passed on multiple of this game for $500. If someone put this game on my front porch for free, I would call the police and have them arrested for dumping garbage on private property.

I'm sorry, but that post incited not only my disdain for this game but a bit of a personal boiling point in how ridiculous the hobby is getting now price wise.

#309 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

If someone put this game on my front porch for free, I would call the police and have them arrested for dumping garbage on private property.

Don't forget to take out the DMD before calling the cops

#310 6 years ago

So, I was trying to think of a good place to post this and then remembered this thread. Someone on Facebook has a PARTIALLY WORKING SF2 for $2500 and another person has commented "this will be gone in no time!" "How is this still here?"
Have people lost their damn minds?! Not even a fully working garbage SF2 for $2500 and someone thinks that's a steal?! I've passed on multiple of this game for $500. If someone put this game on my front porch for free, I would call the police and have them arrested for dumping garbage on private property.
I'm sorry, but that post incited not only my disdain for this game but a bit of a personal boiling point in how ridiculous the hobby is getting now price wise.

that isn't a real post. That's his friend trying to help him fish for stupid ass people.

#311 6 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

Totally Positive!
I'm 99% sure this is what the internet was made for. A fiercely debated subject with super low actual impact.

#312 6 years ago

Someone on Facebook has a PARTIALLY WORKING SF2 for $2500 and another person has commented "this will be gone in no time!" "How is this still here?"

While I do enjoy SF2, Facebook is just stupid.

Nice video above too; Mighty Mouse for the win!

#313 6 years ago

It's been a few weeks and I'm sad to report that this game continues to age poorly.

#314 6 years ago

Never thought of you as a troll...

#315 6 years ago

when you start out Piss poor, it can only go downhill from there. Some games have to be at the bottom. Just the nature of the best. Everything has a shitpit version in the collector world. If you collect nintendo cartridges, you know that LJN, acclaim made some shitty games. Konami, nintendo, EA, capcom made some of the best.

#316 6 years ago

I guess i don't understand the negativity. It was a huge theme back in the day. Pinball designers swing and miss all the time. I hope they keep trying. I'd love to have one at the right price, because i think is a fun game. Worse case, its not for you, but to start a hate thread about a machine built 30 years ago, really?

#317 6 years ago
Quoted from janus:

I guess i don't understand the negativity. It was a huge theme back in the day. Pinball designers swing and miss all the time. I hope they keep trying. I'd love to have one at the right price, because i think is a fun game. Worse case, its not for you, but to start a hate thread about a machine built 30 years ago, really?

some games are really really shitty. Need to notify people of the shitpit so they don't fall victim to it. SO you don't have the unknowing paying $2500 for this pile of shit. or even $1500, or $1000. Would you want to buy this game for $2500 because you like the theme, and thought it would be fun, only to find out, that its very very unfun, and all around a piece of shit?

Negative reviews about things are just as important as the fanboys positive reviews. You can't like everything. If you say you do, then you dont' really have an opinion. Your just a "yes, man". Which is pretty useless for real constructive reviews of anything.

#318 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

some games are really really shitty.

I disagree. Those prices apply to any pin and i feel vary more on condition than title. How can you decide what theme, layout, shots, toys, appeal to anyone? I'd buy a SF at $900 In decent shape, and pay more for a nice one.

#319 6 years ago

i realy feel like i'm missing out on something, i never played one and sometimes i realy like playing a pin that sucks!

yeh i know im weird but i had a tmnt i had a party zone, i had a lethal weapon, if sf is more shitty than these please let me know then i realy have to play one!

annyone of the Dutchy's here has one?

#320 6 years ago

Looking forward to restoring mine this summer, I just cant believe it is so bad some people are shouting out. Watched the Bro stream of SF2, and it seemed decent enough if you take it for what it is...a literally pinball adaption of the video game, with linear stop n go gameplay.

#321 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

when you start out Piss poor, it can only go downhill from there.

This is the exact opposite of reality. You start out crummy and get better with time and practice.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If you collect nintendo cartridges, you know that LJN, acclaim made some shitty games.

Acclaim was more of a publisher than a developer. The only nintendo carts they developed were Airwolf and Krusty's Fun House. As a publisher, they weren't all bad either. Wizards and Warriors, Tiger Heli, Arch Rivals, and the Double Dragon sequels. The only really crummy games they published were the Simpsons games and the Wrestling games.

#322 6 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Never thought of you as a troll...

Yeah, trolling all 3 of those SF2 superfans out there. I know, it's uncalled for...

#323 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

This is the exact opposite of reality. You start out crummy and get better with time and practice.

Acclaim was more of a publisher than a developer. The only nintendo carts they developed were Airwolf and Krusty's Fun House. As a publisher, they weren't all bad either. Wizards and Warriors, Tiger Heli, Arch Rivals, and the Double Dragon sequels. The only really crummy games they published were the Simpsons games and the Wrestling games.

wizards and warriors was pretty crappy too. LJN was technically a publisher as well, but they should have tested the shit they are putting their name on.

#324 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah, trolling all 3 of those SF2 superfans out there. I know, it's uncalled for...

I am not defending SF2. Just posting this to include in the discussion -

SF2 (resized).jpgSF2 (resized).jpg

#325 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I am not defending SF2. Just posting this to include in the discussion -

every shitty game out there, someone owns. Sometimes it's because it was dirt cheap. Sometimes because they didn't know better and overpaid through the ass and unwilling to take a huge hit. Sometimes it's because it's folded up in storage.

#326 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

wizards and warriors was pretty crappy too. LJN was technically a publisher as well, but they should have tested the shit they are putting their name on.

I liked Wizards and Warriors, wasnt great but it wasnt terrible and I was 8. LJN was a toy company , they were bought out by MCA and hemorrhaged cash for a long time before getting acquired by Acclaim. Game publishers, especially back then, care about profit not quality. Acclaim only kept the LJN name to get around Nintendo's yearly publishing limits.

#327 6 years ago
Quoted from janus:

I guess i don't understand the negativity.

Because not everyone loves every game. You'd be amazed that it's actually kind of a new thought process that "I love pinball and could never hate a game!" Some games just suck...you may not think this one does and that's cool. But to be so confused as to why someone could dislike something you like is just...I don;t know it's just weird.

#328 6 years ago

SFII is a special case because it is literally in the top 10 of suck.

#329 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

every shitty game out there, someone owns. Sometimes it's because it was dirt cheap. Sometimes because they didn't know better and overpaid through the ass and unwilling to take a huge hit. Sometimes it's because it's folded up in storage.

I get that. It is the "Wishlist" that should be concerning.

#330 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

if there is one thing i've learned off this site...is that you cannot underestimate the lack of knowledge that floats around here.

#331 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It does make me a little sad... that I sold my SF2

All this talk makes me want another one.

Quoted from Taxman:

Putting it back on my wish list! Seriously, I am... right now...

#332 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I liked Wizards and Warriors, wasnt great but it wasnt terrible and I was 8. LJN was a toy company , they were bought out by MCA and hemorrhaged cash for a long time before getting acquired by Acclaim. Game publishers, especially back then, care about profit not quality. Acclaim only kept the LJN name to get around Nintendo's yearly publishing limits.

Good call. Gottlieb only got this license for the name. The game was hot, easy money. Especially at a bad time. The shot map is totally decent. If there was good software written for this game it could be badass. There isnt much to the actual SF2 game though other than fighting, barrel smashing, and cash smashing. LOL Where were they going to go? Make up some shit?

If it was re-themed to something new with a new set of software to match, what a game it would be. Some one give me their unwanted SF2 and I will do so. I have to keep mine original for the wife.

Quoted from zimjoe:

It does make me a little sad... that I sold my SF2
All this talk makes me want another one.

Putting it back on my wish list! Seriously, I am... right now...

Did you get more than these jokers think its worth?

#333 6 years ago

The software is probably the weakest link (well, the dots are real bad too) and unlike JP/SW/TFTC, I Don't think anyone has cracked the software.
Probably about done with mine and am gonna sell it soon.

#334 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Mine was in decent shape and worked 100%. I traded it for a nice Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Before people accuse me of taking advantage, the buyer was a solid collector and good player. He played mine at a tournament or two and kept asking to set up a trade. He even suggested R&B.

Just saw him recently and I asked if he wanted to sell it back; he said no.

That's why I am so sad.

#335 6 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

Mine was in decent shape and worked 100%. I traded it for a nice Rocky and Bullwinkle.
Before people accuse me of taking advantage, the buyer was a solid collector and good player. He played mine at a tournament or two and kept asking to set up a trade. He even suggested R&B.
Just saw him recently and I asked if he wanted to sell it back; he said no.
That's why I am so sad.

Not a bad trade. I never see RB machines ever. Youll find another.

#336 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

it's not what we think it's worth. It's what I could have bought it for...many many times. $600. fully working (dirty as all shit but playing) ...

not once.....not twice....not even 3 times.....but 4 different times, 4 different places and 4 totally different games. $600 seemed to be the magic price point, but not magic enough for me to want to end up sitting on it for 3 months trying to sell it for $800.

#337 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

It's what I could have bought it for...many many times. $600.

Sorry to say there are none to be had at that price or I would own another. Not sure if they all got gutted for their boards to save Waterworlds and Class of 1812s or what.

#338 6 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

Sorry to say there are none to be had at that price or I would own another. Not sure if they all got gutted for their boards to save Waterworlds and Class of 1812s or what.

I think waterworlds suffered the same fate as SF2's. To save 1812, and stargates.

#339 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I think waterworlds suffered the same fate as SF2's. To save 1812, and stargates.

We could hope.

#340 6 years ago

i'd own 2 waterworlds before owning 1 sf2. least waterworld has a cool toy and a great layout. New rules and that game could be killer. Like really awesome killer.

#341 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i'd own 2 waterworlds before owning 1 sf2. least waterworld has a cool toy and a great layout. New rules and that game could be killer. Like really awesome killer.

The ship lock? But this gets out weighed by the translight with 2 huge faces and a Dive Hole that is almost as easy to shoot as Pam Anderson's big hole (on Barb Wire not Baywatch).

#342 6 years ago

I really like my Waterworld... Different strokes I guess, and for the record and I don't like SF2, played it a bunch, just can't find a way to like it....

#343 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

The ship lock? But this gets out weighed by the translight with 2 huge faces and a Dive Hole that is almost as easy to shoot as Pam Anderson's big hole (on Barb Wire not Baywatch).

barb wire does have big holes to shoot. But talk about theme integration huh?....... Can't say they didn't personally make that playfield to go with that theme.

#344 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

barb wire does have big holes to shoot. But talk about theme integration huh?....... Can't say they didn't personally make that playfield to go with that theme.

Has Levi played Barb Wire? Because I would find it hard to pick which is worse.
I mean it took them 3 years to try to design a worse fucking game than SF2, and personally I think they might have done it.

#345 6 years ago

I had barb wire for awhile. As it does indeed suck, it's still better than SF2. Plus cleavage always trumps shit design/rules.

#346 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I had barb wire for awhile.

That's a shame.

#347 6 years ago

It's hard to believe...no, it actually seems impossible, but Shaq Attack is worse.

#348 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's a shame.

indeed it was. But the tits prevailed as someone traded me a Williams fire and added $700 to do the deal for it. Granted, it was a really mint barb wire....but still.

#349 6 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

but Shaq Attack is worse.

"Art" is the dumbest subject ever in the pinball world; it totally is. But the backglass art alone is the best thing aboot SF2, Barb Wire, or Shaq attack

#350 6 years ago

Agreed. Its was bad as Street Fighter the Movie.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
13,000 (Firm)
There are 492 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-2-is-terrible/page/7?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.