kst (resized).jpg
giphy(28).gif
RescueSweePea.gif
SF2 (resized).jpg
20170411_135100 (resized).jpg
1491932810690-604650826 (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
TP (resized).jpg
yfzYi4jf8FrMHta7Ck2NHFp9pZhXjLDEdS-_sW1j0E1sb_y4EUgDGobH223RMf_Rvv2t=s85 (resized).jpg
mel2 (resized).jpg
mel1 (resized).jpg
SFPF (resized).jpg
There are 492 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
#251 7 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

You need to step it up in the mistake making area if that is the pinnacle
Next time a beautiful condition SF2 falls into your lap (at well below market cost I might add), you let me know and I will finally come visit.

This ONLY time I sell a game below market value is when you are trying to sell the same machine...ZIMpinmarketmanipulation is what I call it...

#252 7 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

ZIMpinmarketmanipulation

At least it's named after me

#253 7 years ago
Quoted from tk-the-jammer:

P.S. I not sorry.

Ignorance is bliss.

#254 7 years ago

I liked the theme of SF2 and purchased one because it was cheap and I played it once before and thought it was fun. I was wrong. It is a turd. I total POS that may be able to survive on a route due to suckers for the theme but totally a dud in a private home collection. I will keep it around for the story of how terrible it is alone.

#255 7 years ago

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#256 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

For years I've had to bite my tongue whilst people in denial type things like "It's way underrated!" or "It's not that bad!" or "It's a great deal!" Cause you know, even though it was obviously a monstrosity, I'd never actually had any experience with one. And I choose to be an informed critic with exacting standards!!!
Last night I finally played one, at a barcade that for some reason decided to bring one in.
Sorry folks, this is one of the worst games ever made.
So stop trying to say it isn't. It's got several of the stupidest features I've ever seen on a pinball machine. The car crash thingee is an embarrassment to lower playfields. The huge ugly upper playfield with a spinning flipper with a guy doing the splits on top of it is a huge embarrassment to upper playfields. It has a third flipper for no particular reason. And it's got those wonderful gigantic Gottlieb gobble holes everywhere. Throw in the trademark horrific Gottlieb flippers, "feel," mechanics, and some of the worst dot matrix animations in the history of anything (and I'm counting Times Square billboards in the 1960s) and you've got a real winner.
The game is also horrifically ugly (no thanks to its truly atrocious theme), though by the time they got around to the artwork I'm sure they were literally making fun of themselves. Unfortunately (I guess?) I couldn't hear the sound, but I can only imagine what a treat for the ears that must be.
So look, I know you didn't ask for my opinion, but it's your own damn fault for trying to convince yourself and others that this game is anything more than the complete turd we all know it is. Stop it. STOP IT!
And by god, stop trying to sell these things for over $900.

Your review is terribly misinformed. I owned this game for four years and although I agree that it's not close to as good as most of the ballys and williams of its time it's still not a bad game. First off, the game stayed very true to the theme. The car crunch is a gimmick, but it integrates well based on theme. The "guy" at the top doing the splits is actually a girl and that was one of her signature moves in the arcade game. It was integrated well based on the theme. The third flipper is necessary for the spinning kick shot. Without it you couldn't hit two of the necessary shots needed to get to the wizzard mode. I'm not sure how this makes the third flipper useless. I agree that the gottlieb flippers feel clunky. Dot matrix isn't great, but they are integrated well based on the theme. Artwork sucks. I'll give you that one. I sold mine recently for $1300 and had quite a few parties interested, therfore that's the value. Just because you value it at 900 doesn't mean that's what it should sell for. Try finding any dmd game less than $1300. That's right, you won't. I think the game play is fun. Lots of modes and good shots. It's no tz but it sells for 1/6th of the price.

#257 7 years ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

Try finding any dmd game less than $1300. That's right, you won't.

You could probably find a Waterworld for that price and put them next to each other.

Whilst i type that and envision those 2 together a tear runs down my face.

#258 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ignorance is bliss.

Well at least we have common ground regarding RBION, GOT, & TZ. There are a few who find reasons to hate these games as well.

#259 7 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Raven is a turd and so is SF2. a turd is a turd, no real variations as its all shit at the end of the day.

i'd take Raven any day over SF 2.

#260 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You could probably find a Waterworld for that price and put them next to each other.
Whilst i type that and envision those 2 together a tear runs down my face.

and a SF2, freddy, hook, Checkpoint, plenty of other DMD's easy to find under 1300.

#261 7 years ago

An ok game that can actually be acquired at a decent price, because pinball snobs hate it.

#262 7 years ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

Your review is terribly misinformed. I owned this game for four years and although I agree that it's not close to as good as most of the ballys and williams of its time it's still not a bad game. First off, the game stayed very true to the theme. The car crunch is a gimmick, but it integrates well based on theme. The "guy" at the top doing the splits is actually a girl and that was one of her signature moves in the arcade game. It was integrated well based on the theme. The third flipper is necessary for the spinning kick shot. Without it you couldn't hit two of the necessary shots needed to get to the wizzard mode. I'm not sure how this makes the third flipper useless. I agree that the gottlieb flippers feel clunky. Dot matrix isn't great, but they are integrated well based on the theme. Artwork sucks. I'll give you that one. I sold mine recently for $1300 and had quite a few parties interested, therfore that's the value. Just because you value it at 900 doesn't mean that's what it should sell for. Try finding any dmd game less than $1300. That's right, you won't. I think the game play is fun. Lots of modes and good shots. It's no tz but it sells for 1/6th of the price.

I played it and it sucks.

Terribly informed. Terrible game.

#263 7 years ago

I am agreeable 100% with your thread title CrazyLevi from a certain point of view.
For a true comparison we should probably look at other games released in 1993. From what I can dig out the list is as follows:

Addams Family
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure
Judge Dredd
Jurassic Park
Last Action Hero
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Twilight Zone

Am I missing any? Street Fighter 2 does pale in comparison to these games. Some of which are in the top 10. Still, I do believe Street Fighter 2 is a masterpiece of understatement.

#264 7 years ago

Still, I do believe Street Fighter 2 is a masterpiece of understatement.

Master piece of shit maybe.

#265 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

and a SF2, freddy, hook, Checkpoint, plenty of other DMD's easy to find under 1300.

Yeah, every time I hear something like that being said, I find a machine I want under the price within a week, and I don't need any more so let's stop...

Well at least we have common ground regarding RBION, GOT, & TZ. There are a few who find reasons to hate these games as well.

I (*gasp*) would rather play SF2 than TZ. Yes I'm serious. No, I don't know what is wrong with me.

#266 7 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I (*gasp*) would rather play SF2 than TZ. Yes I'm serious. No, I don't know what is wrong with me.

Probably depression or an addiction to prescription drugs...most likely both. Of course you have X-Files rated at your worst game so we forgive you.

#267 7 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

How dare you speak one of the best games ever made and compare to one of the worst games ever made......how dare you sir...how dare you.

#268 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Probably depression or an addiction to prescription drugs...most likely both. Of course you have X-Files rated at your worst game so we forgive you.

I have owned SFII and X-files and I would rather play and own an X-Files a Hundred times over SFII. At least you have the cabinet bash toy nothing like that in SFII....

#269 7 years ago

I have owned SFII and X-files and I would rather play and own an X-Files a Hundred times over SFII. At least you have the cabinet bash toy nothing like that in SFII....

and you were able to stay awake playing it? or was Xfiles the game you played right before bed, to make you sleepy so you can sleep soundly?

#270 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Master piece of shit maybe.

Although I cannot concede to your argument.
I aforementioned SF2 as Turd Fighter 2 just to pretend there was not dissension in the ranks of this thread.

#271 7 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Yeah, every time I hear something like that being said, I find a machine I want under the price within a week, and I don't need any more so let's stop...

Not sure if I agree with that. But, when I'm done jamming out on Twilight Zone. I'm going to enjoy a game or two on Street Fighter 2.

1491932810690-604650826 (resized).jpg1491932810690-604650826 (resized).jpg

#272 7 years ago

Not sure if I agree with that. But, when I'm done jamming out on Twilight Zone. I'm going to enjoy a game or two on Street Fighter 2.

when I look at the picture. I close my right eye and feel awesomeness. when I close my left eye, I feel sadness and sorrow. When I close both eyes, I nap.

#273 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

when I look at the picture. I close my right eye and feel awesomeness. when I close my left eye, I feel sadness and sorrow. When I close both eyes, I nap.

Oddly enough I do understand your sadness.
The only way I know how to retaliate is with a photobomb!

20170411_135100 (resized).jpg20170411_135100 (resized).jpg

#274 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

when I look at the picture....

All I notice is the puke bucket under TZ I assume just hasn't been mounted on SF2 yet.
PinPuke™ bolts right onto your SF2 legs so no more having to quit playing to puke.

#275 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

All I notice is the puke bucket under TZ I assume just hasn't been mounted on SF2 yet.
PinPuke™ bolts right onto your SF2 legs so no more having to quit playing to puke.

#276 7 years ago

My dad bought one of these for our game-room when I was a kid. Guess that must have been around 91 when it came out? Thing never worked right and was constantly broken one way or another. It sat broken most of the time because no one in my family knew how to fix these and we were waiting around for repair people. I opened it up a few times just to see whats under the hood but I had zero clue what to do. I grew up with memories of pinball being totally unreliable and impossibly complicated to fix.

But that said this machine is the reason I'm into pinball today. And actually I kind of expect and enjoy working on them now because I didn't know how when I was young. I think had I not grown up with a broken mess of a machine I wouldn't have confidence in what I would eventually get myself into by owning A13 and JP.

So... Street Fighter 2 is what got me into pinball

#277 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

new mod. Should put it in the SF2 lovefest thread and let those 2 guys see it.

#279 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

new mod. Should put it in the SF2 lovefest thread and let those 2 guys see it.

#280 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I try to avoid prescription drugs, but I had a TERRIBLE allergy flare up (I haven't had allergies in 15 years!!) at the Midwest Gaming Classic, so now I'm all prednazoned up and eating us out of house and home. I swear I'm going to weigh an extra 10 pounds by Friday when I get off this crap.

Now back to playing Street Fighter II, damnit, the best pinball machine around!

(Sadly serious on the prednazone, totally not on the SF2... for now.)

#281 7 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I try to avoid prescription drugs, but I had a TERRIBLE allergy flare up (I haven't had allergies in 15 years!!) at the Midwest Gaming Classic, so now I'm all prednazoned up and eating us out of house and home. I swear I'm going to weigh an extra 10 pounds by Friday when I get off this crap.

Prednisone.

#282 7 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Prednisone shit.....sounds like the work of shrooms to me.

#283 7 years ago

Are you correcting someone on the spelling of an Rx? Finally, something worst than SF2.

#284 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Are you correcting someone on the spelling of an Rx? Finally, something worst than SF2.

There's no 'i' in Teamocil, at least not where you think.

#285 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Improving spelling seems like a far better use of a post than a large number of the posts here on Pinside or any other forum. I didn't intend my post to be condescending. I don't understand this idea that once you finish school your language is complete and you should be angry at anyone that tries to help you improve something you are saying/writing incorrectly. There is always room to improve your grammar, vocabulary and spelling. I appreciate when someone corrects me so I can be better in the future.

And no, Street Fighter 2 is way worse than spelling correction.

#286 7 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Improving spelling seems like a far better use of a post than a large number of the posts here on Pinside or any other forum. I didn't intend my post to be condescending. I don't understand this idea that once you finish school your language is complete and you should be angry at anyone that tries to help you improve something you are saying/writing incorrectly. There is always room to improve your grammar, vocabulary and spelling. I appreciate when someone corrects me so I can be better in the future.
And no, Street Fighter 2 is way worse than spelling correction.

I believe you meant "way worser".

#287 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I believe you meant "way worser".

Are you referring to all other games in comparison to SF2? That might be a little strong

#288 7 years ago

Update:

Street Fighter II: still terrible.

#289 7 years ago

Street fighter is pretty damn bad.

I can still have a little fun on it

but honestly this game has the worst Dots of any game

#290 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Update:
Street Fighter II: still terrible.

I'm sensing a lack of conviction here. Has hating SF2 become rote? You are going to have to try harder than that or we, the likers, will outweigh the negative opinions.

Once again positive thoughts and messages win the internet and all forum conversations

#291 7 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

I'm sensing a lack of conviction here. Has hating SF2 become rote? You are going to have to try harder than that or we, the likers, will outweigh the negative opinions.
Once again positive thoughts and messages win the internet and all forum conversations

I like to hate on SFII is that positive or negative?

#292 7 years ago

I'd say mostly positive. Sometimes it's fun to hate on stuff hahahah. I like the car crusher but to be honest outside of that it seems kind of crappy. Don't get me wrong though, Street Fighter is awesome just this Pin in general is a bit boring (I think). For some reason it reminds me of that line from Jurassic park where Dr. Malcom was getting pissed at Dr.Hammond. " You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could and before you even knew what you had you patented it and packaged it and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now you’re selling it, you want to sell it." Except instead of killer dinosaurs they made a crappy pinball machine

#293 7 years ago

Totally Positive!

I'm 99% sure this is what the internet was made for. A fiercely debated subject with super low actual impact.

#294 7 years ago

I hate to say it but i think the price of SF 2 has went up $500 bucks sense Levi started this thread

#295 7 years ago

Played a Street Fighter II today in Ohio league. I loved it. Great shots. Love the "Jackpot" calls and the ability to choose between points and multi-ball. Capcom/Gottlieb got this one right. Two thumbs up!

Mark Salas
CARGPB 30

#296 7 years ago

I played the SF2 in my basement today and I have to admit I had fun. I also played GB, TRON and TZ and had more fun, however.

#297 7 years ago

hey, something has to be at the bottom. Might as well be a game that truly deserves it.

#298 7 years ago
Quoted from terrapinmark:

Played a Street Fighter II today in Ohio league. I loved it. Great shots. Love the "Jackpot" calls and the ability to choose between points and multi-ball. Capcom/Gottlieb got this one right. Two thumbs up!
Mark Salas
CARGPB 30

no more drunk posts for you.

#299 7 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

I hate to say it but i think the price of SF 2 has went up $500 bucks sense Levi started this thread

Let's see how many people think "it's awesome!" when the price goes up?

#300 7 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

That makes no since!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 36.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
$ 37.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 492 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-2-is-terrible/page/6?hl=tux and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.