kst (resized).jpg
giphy(28).gif
RescueSweePea.gif
SF2 (resized).jpg
20170411_135100 (resized).jpg
1491932810690-604650826 (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
TP (resized).jpg
yfzYi4jf8FrMHta7Ck2NHFp9pZhXjLDEdS-_sW1j0E1sb_y4EUgDGobH223RMf_Rvv2t=s85 (resized).jpg
mel2 (resized).jpg
mel1 (resized).jpg
SFPF (resized).jpg
There are 492 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.
#201 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Raven is often the butt of jokes, but it's actually a decent game. It's much better than Street Fighter 2.

I like Raven; I have a Raven. At one point my collection consisted of three machines and I had both Raven and Street Fighter II. I still have Raven, but it isn't an indictment of Street Fighter II. I could trade Street Fighter II away... no one wants Raven.

#202 7 years ago

This is my thread and it's very precious to me. Please refrain from hashtag abuse.

#203 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is my thread and it's very precious to me. Please refrain from hashtag abuse.

IMG_0846 (resized).PNGIMG_0846 (resized).PNG

#204 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Made me snort laughing so hard.

Do you think it's easy being that annoying? Press Hashtag... wait for blue shading... start typing... select the game (don't press enter)

Glad you appreciated it.

#205 7 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Pinside's own stpcore made it for me.

You got the translite too!

Just to be clear Pinside member Malenko designed the translight and I simply printed a few (with his permission) for those that wanted an alternate translite. Malenko also designed completely new artwork (cabinet, head, coin door, etc) that I printed for him as well. I know he is ready to install it and I'm sure he'll post in the Street Fighter owners thread.

My apologies, Levi for posting here but I wanted to give credit where credit is due.

#206 7 years ago

I've seen some publicity pics of the Raven girl posing with the pin back then and I keep wondering what she was thinking.

Only Gottlieb could make a woman in a tank top with a machine gun look terrible.

#207 7 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I recently bought my SF2 for $1350 in Good condition.

The only "good condition" SF2 is one that's in the dumpster

#208 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The only "good condition" SF2 is one that's the the dumpster

that's not true. It could be converted into another game.

#209 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's not true. It could be converted into another game.

In theory yes.

Much like the housing development being build on sacred ground in Poltergeist.

#210 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

In theory yes.
Much like the housing development being build on sacred ground in Poltergeist.

Bless you.

#211 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Much like the housing development being build on sacred ground in Poltergeist

You only moved the standup targets but you didn't remove the mechanisms! whyyy?!!

#212 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

You only moved the standup targets but you didn't remove the mechanisms! whyyy?!

Priceless!!!

1 week later
#213 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Just to be clear Pinside member Malenko designed the translight and I simply printed a few (with his permission) for those that wanted an alternate translite. Malenko also designed completely new artwork (cabinet, head, coin door, etc) that I printed for him as well. I know he is ready to install it and I'm sure he'll post in the Street Fighter owners thread.
My apologies, Levi for posting here but I wanted to give credit where credit is due.

Yeah STPCore has my permission to sell it, not RetroRefurbs ripping it off. I like my SFII pin, the art on it sucks which is why I started making new stuff for it. I haven't put the body art on due to weather and lack of time, but it'll get on there soon enough. I've also started redoing a bunch of play field art as well, trying to make the game look more protato.

I do genuinely like the game, playing it has improved my ability to aim shots greatly. I just wish I had a way to fix the audio as well and replace the call outs and stuff with audio I could rip from the games.

#214 7 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Yeah STPCore has my permission to sell it, not RetroRefurbs ripping it off.

Good to know if I get another one. That translite is great.

#215 7 years ago

I've never had the pleasure of playing street fighter 2, but I have played popeye. How do they compare?

#216 7 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

I've never had the pleasure of playing street fighter 2, but I have played popeye. How do they compare?

Popeye is disliked due to shots that are hidden when you just look at it, rules that are a bit difficult to figure out, and a theme that then had another theme sort of shoehorned into it that makes it just weird. If you can get by all this stuff, the game can be pretty decent, and it ultimately does play like a regular pinball machine, just one that you can't see the shots on.

SF2 doesn't play like a pinball machine at all, but instead like a shooting gallery with flippers. It's SO different, I think you can only really enjoy it if you think of it not as a pinball machine, but instead as a unique arcade piece that is shaped like a pinball machine. I made my defense of it earlier, so I'll spare everyone a second time through.

#217 7 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

I've never had the pleasure of playing street fighter 2,

Your more than welcome to check mine out.... .............Joey

#218 7 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

I've never had the UNpleasure of playing street fighter 2, but I have played popeye. How do they compare?

fixed it for you.

#219 7 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Your more than welcome to check mine out.... .............Joey

I may take u up on that sometime, this thread has me feeling left out

#220 7 years ago

just stumbled into this thread for the first time.
you all's some funny mofo's.
If there was a "top 10 worst pinballs" list, SF2 is near #1.

#221 7 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Yeah STPCore has my permission to sell it, not RetroRefurbs ripping it off.

Like you ripped it off by typing "Street Fighter Wallpaper" into Google Images?

You didn't design anything to give anyone permission to be selling it, and lets not even get in to licensing.

#222 7 years ago

Im too old to internet fight, sorry.

I'll just assume its coincidence that 9 months after I made mine you came up with the idea to use the same image (of a lower quality and with placement that doesn't line up as well with the lights in the head) and to put the logos in the exact same place as me. Then to make yours different you decided to not use the real Street Fighter II logo. I'll also assume you license everything you sell as well, as that would explain your inflated costs.

And now you know why I don't want to be a "designer" for you.

#223 7 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Im too old to internet fight, sorry.
I'll just assume its coincidence that 9 months after I made mine you came up with the idea to use the same image (of a lower quality and with placement that doesn't line up as well with the lights in the head) and to put the logos in the exact same place as me. Then to make yours different you decided to not use the real Street Fighter II logo. I'll also assume you license everything you sell as well, as that would explain your inflated costs.
And now you know why I don't want to be a "designer" for you.

Lower quality lol! It's the same 4499x3000 resolution image you stole from DeviantArt.

Somebody else sent me this file so take it up with them, but because of the fuss you made I've withdrawn it from sale. Everyone can buy yours instead.

Point is, don't BS people by trying to make out like you didn't rip off other artists as well.

Pete
Retro Refurbs

#224 7 years ago

All this fussin' and a fightin' over street fighter 2.

It ain't worth it fellas.

#225 7 years ago

lol, no fussin <3

I dont sell them anyway.

#226 7 years ago

Alrighty then. No more fussin'.

Lets enjoy some pinball.

#227 7 years ago

I see we have a thumbs downer in the midst. Imagine seeing negative talk about a game in a thread that is boasting about how terrible it is. IF you think that pile of shit has some redeemable qualities, you should be happy of the 99.99876% of people that put it down, because it keeps the price down Sub $700. Affordable dookie.

1 week later
#228 7 years ago
Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

Lower quality lol! It's the same 4499x3000 resolution image you stole from DeviantArt.
Somebody else sent me this file so take it up with them, but because of the fuss you made I've withdrawn it from sale. Everyone can buy yours instead.
Point is, don't BS people by trying to make out like you didn't rip off other artists as well.
Pete
Retro Refurbs

Nah actually I do gotta fuss a little. I re-vectored the deviant art, and vectorized the logos and placed them where I did.
When I told you I was the one that applied the concept of that art to a translite and put in the work to make it not suck, you said it wasn't worth the trouble of selling them and that you'd pull them off your website.

So in your own words, you're either a liar, or an asshole. In my words, I think you are probably both. To note STPcore sells them for like $20 LESS than you including shipping as well.

retro (resized).JPGretro (resized).JPG
retro2 (resized).JPGretro2 (resized).JPG

#229 7 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Nah actually I do gotta fuss a little. I re-vectored the deviant art, and vectorized the logos and placed them where I did.
When I told you I was the one that applied the concept of that art to a translite and put in the work to make it not suck, you said it wasn't worth the trouble of selling them and that you'd pull them off your website.
So in your own words, you're either a liar, or an asshole. In my words, I think you are probably both. To note STPcore sells them for like $20 LESS than you including shipping as well.

Oh my god are you really still going on about this?

Look now - DELETED. I don't care. I don't need your translite. After the way you spoke to me about the whole situation I decided to leave the 2 remaning translites on the site until they were gone. There was no intention to print any more, and still isn't. But now, GONE!

As for your comment about cheaper translites, that's wonderful. I'm very happy for you. We don't offer cheap rubbish, and our translites go through a custom printing development process which nobody else has, in order to make them more like the original screened ones from the 90's. It's a special arrangement I made with local print company, and despite this we're cheaper than all other retailers of translites.

The process costs a lot more than the $15 lightbox prints you're making, and for that reason our quality is far superior

By all means continue doing what you do, it doesn't matter to me, because I'm happy doing what we do also.

Quoted from Malenko:

you're either a liar, or an asshole.

Thanks for that. I think you need to find something better to do with your time than get this upset over artwork you stole from somebody else.

Pete
Retro Refurbs

#230 7 years ago

Oh my god are you really still going on about this?
Look now - DELETED. I don't care. I don't need your translite. After the way you spoke to me about the whole situation I decided to leave the 2 remaning translites on the site until they were gone. There was no intention to print any more, and still isn't. But now, GONE!
As for your comment about cheaper translites, that's wonderful. I'm very happy for you. We don't offer cheap rubbish, and our translites go through a custom printing development process which nobody else has, in order to make them more like the original screened ones from the 90's. It's a special arrangement I made with local print company, and despite this we're cheaper than all other retailers of translites.
The process costs a lot more than the $15 lightbox prints you're making, and for that reason our quality is far superior
By all means continue doing what you do, it doesn't matter to me, because I'm happy doing what we do also.

Thanks for that. I think you need to find something better to do with your time than get this upset over artwork you stole from somebody else.
Pete
Retro Refurbs

Ill pay shipping if you wanna get rid of one of those translites, lol.

#231 7 years ago

Here's a better idea.

If anyone would like to print this "stolen" translite for themselves instead of buying it from one of us "assholes" then here's the file to do it...

2 links in case one goes down:

TinyUpload: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=02166425673750311125

Our site: www.retrorefurbs.com/free/sf2-ryu-translite_635x510.pdf

Completely free!

#232 7 years ago

How I spoke to you? I was nothing but cordial when you said you were going to pull the translights and be done with it. I took your word for it and it ended up being a lie. I wait almost 2 months to say anything, Im the worst!

I see you finally did pull it, thanks for finally doing what you promised! Now if only it disappeared from your blog and instagram

We don't offer cheap rubbish, and our translites go through a custom printing development process which nobody else has, in order to make them more like the original screened ones from the 90's. It's a special arrangement I made with local print company, and despite this we're cheaper than all other retailers of translites.

Ahhhhh so what you mean is, you dont actually print anything, you outsource the work? I also knew better than to use the word cheaper when dealing with you, thats why I said stp was less expensive

I think you need to find something better to do with your time than get this upset over artwork you stole from somebody else.
Pete
Retro Refurbs

I think you need to find something better to do with your time than get this upset over artwork you stole from somebody else that you accused of stealing it from someone else.

You said you'd pull it because you werent an asshole, since you didnt pull it, that means you're calling yourself an asshole, not sure why you tried to take my post out of context.

Sorry the reply took so long, I was uploading these:
JPG
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9cWp45XToh2X1dYaENBTFBkbzQ/view?usp=sharing

PSD (with layers and vectors converted to smart objects) not a single uneditable layer, like some other assholes provide.)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9cWp45XToh2NGdrRzVJQ0I5Znc

good news is they have the correct SFII logo and aren't saved in a shit resolution

#233 7 years ago

Two art thieves arguing about a shit translite for a shit game, is shit.

#234 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Close! I made the art for my game and when people asked me to sell them one, I pointed them to a guy to make them one. I didnt make it to make money, I didnt put them on a blog to promote selling them on a website, nor did I sell them on a website.

Now its just one asshole that put up art at in a single layer @175 DPI PDF , and another asshole who put up layered art @300 DPI PSD

The shit part is he down votes me so much for no reason. At least he pulled them from his site (for now?) and everyone learned that he isnt actually a printer, he's just a reseller.

Also I like my SF, despite the stargate ramps dying again. I just have the vega shot propped open because Chun Li hates me.

SFPF (resized).jpgSFPF (resized).jpg

#235 7 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Close! I made the art for my game and when people asked me to sell them one, I pointed them to a guy to make them one. I didnt make it to make money, I didnt put them on a blog to promote selling them on a website, nor did I sell them on a website.
Now its just one asshole that put up art at in a single layer @175 DPI PDF , and another asshole who put up layered art @300 DPI PSD
The shit part is he down votes me so much for no reason. At least he pulled them from his site (for now?) and everyone learned that he isnt actually a printer, he's just a reseller.
me.

Hahaha! The original art even at full resolution is not 300dpi, so simply upscaling to that resolution does nothing except eat up hard drive space. You don't need higher than 150dpi for a translite.

I looked at your file and ours is definitely higher quality. Look at them side by side, your SFII logo has washed out colors.

Yes we aren't a printer. Never claimed to have been. We use many different companies to manufacture our products.

Quoted from jwilson:

LOL I know right? That's what is so funny. I don't get upset about these things (unlike Malenko), life is too serious.

Well that's the end of that. This is asshole is gonna retire for the day and go grab himself a beer. Have a great weekend everyone!

Pete
Retro Refurbs

#236 7 years ago

Hahaha! The original art even at full resolution is not 300dpi

Quoted from Malenko:

I re-vectored the deviant art, and vectorized the logos and placed them where I did.

#237 7 years ago

Vectorising complex art actually lowers the quality. It's ok for logos.

But..... While photoshop can handle vectors to a certain degree, it is not a vector based program. It's for raster.

Print the 2 images and put them side by side. See which one is better.

#238 7 years ago

mel2 (resized).jpgmel2 (resized).jpgmel1 (resized).jpgmel1 (resized).jpg

JPEG compression is blocky as hell. Doesn't look very vectorized to me. LOL!

#239 7 years ago

Lets get back to trashing SF2 instead of trashing each other. I owned a beautiful condition SF2 for about a week and realized I had made one of the biggest mistakes of my life. I could not sell it fast enough! The animations on that machine make no sense...it should not be DMD it should have gone back to alphanumeric displays...

#240 7 years ago

This is asshole is gonna retire for the day and go grab himself a beer. Have a great weekend everyone!

Soooooo more lies?

But..... While photoshop can handle vectors to a certain degree, it is not a vector based program.

Somewhat true, but I used illustrator to vector, so I dont really get your point

#241 7 years ago

You "vectored" someone else's work. You're a thief. So, please quit the pissing contest over shitty artwork for a shitty game that no one gives a shit about.

#242 7 years ago

you hear that Randigo? the winds of shit are blowing the shit storm in......

#243 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

You "vectored" someone else's work. You're a thief. So, please quit the pissing contest over shitty artwork for a shitty game that no one gives a shit about.

This was never about the art, it was about him lying.

#244 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Raven is often the butt of jokes, but it's actually a decent game. It's much better than Street Fighter 2.

Raven is a turd and so is SF2. a turd is a turd, no real variations as its all shit at the end of the day.

#245 7 years ago

I think in the back of our minds we all thought (well besides the Gottlieb circle jerk crowd) that a thread aboot SF2 couldn't possibly get any worse than it already was...but wow; blown it right through the roof.

#246 7 years ago

yfzYi4jf8FrMHta7Ck2NHFp9pZhXjLDEdS-_sW1j0E1sb_y4EUgDGobH223RMf_Rvv2t=s85 (resized).jpgyfzYi4jf8FrMHta7Ck2NHFp9pZhXjLDEdS-_sW1j0E1sb_y4EUgDGobH223RMf_Rvv2t=s85 (resized).jpg

#247 7 years ago

This thread is very entertaining. So much sh*t talk. Here is some toilet paper to chew on......

TP (resized).jpgTP (resized).jpg

#248 7 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

I owned a beautiful condition SF2 for about a week and realized I had made one of the biggest mistakes of my life.

You need to step it up in the mistake making area if that is the pinnacle

Next time a beautiful condition SF2 falls into your lap (at well below market cost I might add), you let me know and I will finally come visit.

Quoted from fisherdaman:

Raven is a turd and so is SF2. a turd is a turd, no real variations as its all shit at the end of the day.

So much pinanthropy... I like both games. I've owned both and still have the Raven. I just can't find it in me to hate anything this much. Well, there is kale. I'm pretty sick of kale. While technically kale is not a pinball machine, this kinda fits the conversation.

#249 7 years ago

Whatevs, that was the funnest this thread was ever gonna get.

The replies are either "yeah its the AIDS of pinball!" or "eh, its not terrible", and eh, its not terrible.

#250 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

All this fussin' and a fightin' over street fighter 2.
It ain't worth it fellas.

Oh the humanity! If there was such a thing as karmic retribution. There would already be a thread titled Crazylevi is terrible. Sorry to nitpick but most of us are passionate about pinball here. Although, few games deserve a nine or ten rating there are 0 games that deserve a 1.0 rating. Even Turd Fighter 2. Which is probably my favorite turd and I'll never flush it!

P.S. I not sorry.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 9.95
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Boards
PinSound

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 84.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 492 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-2-is-terrible/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.