kst (resized).jpg
giphy(28).gif
RescueSweePea.gif
SF2 (resized).jpg
20170411_135100 (resized).jpg
1491932810690-604650826 (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
TP (resized).jpg
yfzYi4jf8FrMHta7Ck2NHFp9pZhXjLDEdS-_sW1j0E1sb_y4EUgDGobH223RMf_Rvv2t=s85 (resized).jpg
mel2 (resized).jpg
mel1 (resized).jpg
SFPF (resized).jpg

There are 492 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
#451 6 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

They lack some detail? The color ones were nearly completely replaced and re-coded, so they look a million times better, yes.
It was a game based on a video game, partnered with a god damn company that does nothing but make pixel art all day, and the "defeated" animation is a static headshot pic with a blinking X laid on top for christ sakes. They couldn't have made a phone call to Capcom and asked, hey, could you guys give us a couple 4 bit sprite animations to use? It's just lazy.
The Multiball, Extra ball and other pinball specific animations were just recycled from other Premier games.
You get an occasional spinning RYU animation of about 3 frames per second here and there...whoopie!
As far as the playfield art goes, a giant mound of cheesy mashed potatoes and some triangles is not decent. You can't rule out the original derpy Chun-li because someone else fixed it either.
There was a good reason TNT dropped one of these off the roof.

Gottlieb just wanted the license. Nothing more. Kinda like stern and star wars. Oooooo low blow. Lol

#452 6 years ago

I was just generalizing @Malenko, don't get me wrong, you've done some amazing work.

Quoted from Malenko:

Its common practice for pinball companies to re-use generic animations across games

I honestly can't think of a single B/W or Stern that recycled the Extra Ball animation, or the Multi-ball sequence. Maybe the fonts.

Premier was just being super lazy or possibly, super cheap about things.

#453 6 years ago

I was just generalizing Malenko, don't get me wrong, you've done some amazing work.

I honestly can't think of a single B/W or Stern that recycled the Extra Ball animation, or the Multi-ball sequence. Maybe the fonts.

I've got one!

Stern use that disgusting Poop Multiball not once, not twice, but THRICE! Poop multiball South Park...Poop multiball Austin Powers...and for some god forsaken reason that I'll never understand, they used the same poop multiball animation in CSI.

CSI?! Was there a lot of fecal matter in that show?

#454 6 years ago

Sega recycles a lot of sounds for events, but I've not seen much in the way of animation recycles.....

#455 6 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Sega recycles a lot of sounds for events, but I've not seen much in the way of animation recycles.....

Pretty sure I've seen that Motorcycle video mode recycled in at least 3 games - Guns N Roses, Harley Davidson, and Terminator 3.

1 month later
#456 6 years ago

Question for all you SFII lovers...a really kick ass music spot now has 3 pins. A LW3--flippers go up then immediately fall back down rendering it unplayable. A WWF which was fun but the slighest (and I mean SLIGHTEST) nudge tilts it... maddening. And a SFII.
I actually had fun on this because I could keep the ball alive for quite some time...if the GODDAMN PLUNGE DIDNT CAREEN SDTM. EVERY. SINGLE. PLUNGE. So my question is: is this intended? Is this how it normally plays? Can't be. You have to nudge EVERY plunge just to keep the ball in play? I walked away thinking lane guides need adjusted BADLY and this operator fucking sucks. This b'dass bar deserves better.
Wow. Super long post for just having one question...lol.

#457 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Question for all you SFII lovers...a really kick ass music spot now has 3 pins. A LW3--flippers go up then immediately fall back down rendering it unplayable. A WWF which was fun but the slighest (and I mean SLIGHTEST) nudge tilts it... maddening. And a SFII.
I actually had fun on this because I could keep the ball alive for quite some time...if the GODDAMN PLUNGE DIDNT CAREEN SDTM. EVERY. SINGLE. PLUNGE. So my question is: is this intended? Is this how it normally plays? Can't be. You have to nudge EVERY plunge just to keep the ball in play? I walked away thinking lane guides need adjusted BADLY and this operator fucking sucks. This b'dass bar deserves better.
Wow. Super long post for just having one question...lol.

use the flipper! (third flipper)

#458 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

use the flipper! (third flipper)

A-HA!!
Jeebus...never even occurred to me. And I was sober for most of my plays...DOH.
Thanks Freddy!
HE MIGHT NOT EVEN KNOW THAT UPPER FLIPPER IS THERE PAUL!

#459 6 years ago

I was diggin this machine. I actually got through all the 1st round enemies. Definitely wanna play some more.

#460 6 years ago

One of my favorite, underrated games is Party Animal. I never get tired of it. XFiles... now that's a dog.

#461 6 years ago

USE THE FLIPPER BILLY

#462 6 years ago

Gryszzz, wait till you play one with the color dmd!

#463 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Gryszzz, wait till you play one with the pin2dmd!

ftfy

1 week later
#464 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

HE MIGHT NOT EVEN KNOW THAT UPPER FLIPPER IS THERE PAUL!

Wow, reference from one of the best games out there for one of the shittest. Talk about extremes.

#465 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Wow, reference from one of the best games out there for one of the shittest. Talk about extremes.

Good to see this thread getting bumped. Have to remind people how wrong half the posters in this thread are

#466 6 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

Good to see this thread getting bumped. Have to remind people how wrong half the posters in this thread are

half. more like .05% . 99.95% of people know what a piece a shit this game is.

#467 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

half. more like .05% . 99.95% of people know what a piece a shit this game is.

Seriously. You have 98% of players have no idea what this game is until they come to pinside.
They're dirt poor, and looking for 900-1200 machine, and guess what? This shitcake is the only one. They liked SF2 video game growing up, they buy it and glue their dolls all over it.
It would be sad but luckily in REAL LIFE, no one I know has ever heard someone say this was a good game.

#468 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Seriously. You have 98% of players have no idea what this game is until they come to pinside.
They're dirt poor, and looking for 900-1200 machine, and guess what? This shitcake is the only one. They liked SF2 video game growing up, they buy it and glue their dolls all over it.
It would be sad but luckily in REAL LIFE, no one I know has ever heard someone say this was a good game.

Fact!

#469 6 years ago

This 3-man echo chamber is entertaining

#470 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

ain't that the truth.

Street fighter 2 arcade was fawking awesome. Sucked me back into the arcades back in the early 90's. Probably could have bought the machine for what I put into it. but man did it NOT translate well to pinball.

#471 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

This 3-man echo chamber is entertaining

Thank you, we take your opinion of game ratings very seriously.

SF2cult (resized).jpgSF2cult (resized).jpg

#473 6 years ago

Take a look at the attract mode of Godzilla and StarShip troopers, it reuses the insert coin, tristar and other sequences. I know I know, its SEGA still but it still applies. Sorry for the delayed reply I actually forgot about this circle jerk thread :/

Quoted from TheLaw:

Thank you, we take your opinion of game ratings very seriously.

He's absolutely justified in his rating, its what HE thinks of the game. You can dump on SF2 all you want but its a dick move to dump on a member for taking the time to rate the game. I like the pin enough to give it a high 6 , it's more likely a low 6 but I see the game through rose tinted glasses (just like Comet). All the ratings get evened out so its not like his 8 is suddenly going to launch SF2 into the top 10.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

There is a fine line between disliking something and spreading vitriol. Focus your hate on the game not the people that like it.

#474 6 years ago

I just like different games

You guys like to harp on people who don't like the same games as you

Different strokes for different folks i guess

#475 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I just like different games
You guys like to harp on people who don't like the same games as you
Different strokes for different folks i guess

"you guys" = every single person on pinside. Everybody here has games they think suck and love to talk about them.

#476 6 years ago

"You guys" = 3 man echo chamber.

You each have 50+ posts in this thread.....lol. Enjoy your bashing....

#477 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

"You guys" = 3 man echo chamber.
You each have 50+ posts in this thread.....lol. Enjoy your bashing....

That's the whole point. We are enjoying our bashing.

You can visit a pro-SF2 echo chamber here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/make-street-fighter-ii-great-again

Thank you drive through.

#478 6 years ago

people are very passionate about the games they love. On the flip side. People are very passionate about the games they hate. Not all games are golden tickets. Just like the video game industry. There is plenty of shitfest games out there.

#479 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's the whole point. We are enjoying our bashing.

and I am enjoying my role as anti-basher. This thread would grow tired without opposition. I really enjoy some of the more creative bashing.

I have friends who are much better players than I and they are openly enthusiastic about the game. Different tastes for everyone is what makes this hobby fun.

While I don't think it's the greatest game ever, my son loved the game when we had it. I would buy it again if I found one cheap enough. All the work Malenko has done really makes the game fresh. One of the biggest complaints about the game is the old dots.

#480 6 years ago

Made it a point to play SF2 at Cleveland Show this weekend because of this thread. Great Value, very underrated game. If I had room and didnt pick up a game id think about it.

#481 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

There is a fine line between disliking something and spreading vitriol. Focus your hate on the game not the people that like it.

Oh jesus not the ol' "vitriol" crap again. look, we talk shit aboot the game no big whoop. He comes in here talking shit and gets some shit thrown back at him. If you aren't expecting that you're not very bright.

#482 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh jesus not the ol' "vitriol" crap again. look, we talk shit aboot the game no big whoop. He comes in here talking shit and gets some shit thrown back at him. If you aren't expecting that you're not very bright.

Seriously. Lighten up. It's a friggin' joke.

I can't believe people get upset about this stuff. It's a pinball machine, not your mom.

I've had people PM about SF2 begging me not to be so cruel. It boggles the mind.

If there's a crime against humanity here, it's not being perpetrated by the haters. It's by people who try to say this game is good and might trick unsuspecting suckers into buying this game.

Look, I get that people are passionate about their games, even stuff as awful as SF2. But why would you constantly come harass us in our beautiful SF2 hatethread when you know exactly what's here? And why would you do that when if WE visit an SF2 lovefest, we get nasty PMs and get ratted out to the mods for "trolling" when you are doing the same thing?

Mcpin54 has the right idea. If you come into a hatethread, might as well bask in the hate. It's obviously what you are gonna see there.

#483 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Didnt mean to use a big word, sorry. Dump on the game, try to leave ppl out of it, that's all.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've had people PM about SF2 begging me not to be so cruel. It boggles the mind.

Hate on SF2 all you want, that doesnt bother me. I would only ask that you be funnier when you do "its shit" repeated ad nauseum is boring. You already shitposted in the thread you linked ppl to then blocked me when I asked why you felt the need to shitpost when you have this mecca of SF2 hatred right here .So you wont even see this and you'll just reply to their reply without context.

down the drain!

#484 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's a pinball machine, not your mom.

Now we are talking! Why hasn't there been a thread about my Mom, yet?

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's by people who try to say this game is good and might trick unsuspecting suckers into buying this game.

Same has been said about my Mom

#485 6 years ago

This thread is turning into the Playa Haters Ball.

What can I say about that SF2 that hasn't already been said about Afghanistan? It looks bombed out and depleted.

#486 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

This thread is turning into the Playa Haters Ball.

We're taking it back.

5 months later
#488 6 years ago

just a reminder.

it's still terrible.

#489 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

just a reminder.
it's still terrible.

They shut down your feel-good thread so you had to come back here, eh? Hope you still recognize the place!

#490 6 years ago

We played it in our tournament last friday, its actually a great tournament game. It is so A B C that it is like some of the classic em machines. Everyone basically has to do the same, so it comes down to who does it best

2 weeks later
#491 6 years ago

Pageing CrazyLevi

E00C3C63-B288-4E51-9857-FDAEB91060EF (resized).jpegE00C3C63-B288-4E51-9857-FDAEB91060EF (resized).jpeg

#492 6 years ago

It was a real frenzy when they pulled SFII out of the truck at the swap meet

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
2,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs
Displays
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tacoma, WA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 492 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-2-is-terrible/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.