Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

large.jpg
F48143E7-E29D-4736-BCB0-43CA7A36125B (resized).jpeg
IMG_4009 (resized).PNG
IMG_4008 (resized).PNG
#1 6 years ago

So a buddy of mine is selling his Street Fighter 2 Pinball. If you have owned or own this game tell me the pros and cons with it. I know it's all personal opinion. Getting it this weekend and just wanted to know more about it really. I read everything I could, but would love some insights.

#3 6 years ago

dont listen to the haters...the game rocks...get the game...get this mod...boom...your all set .............Joey

IMG_4008 (resized).PNGIMG_4008 (resized).PNG

IMG_4009 (resized).PNGIMG_4009 (resized).PNG

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

dont listen to the haters...the game rocks...get the game...get this mod...boom...your all set .............Joey

Did that is awesome 3d printed?

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeMaker:

So a buddy of mine is selling his Street Fighter 2 Pinball. If you have owned or own this game tell me the pros and cons with it. I know it's all personal opinion. Getting it this weekend and just wanted to know more about it really. I read everything I could, but would love some insights.

I got a street fiighter 2 very cheapå before summer, fixed it up, and i must say it is a very cool tournament game. The rules are so simple, and its basically who manages to ebat the most opponents and get most jackpots.

As a home game it would quickly wear out, but as one of several pins and/or in tournament play it is great!

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I got a street fiighter 2 very cheapå before summer, fixed it up, and i must say it is a very cool tournament game. The rules are so simple, and its basically who manages to ebat the most opponents and get most jackpots.
As a home game it would quickly wear out, but as one of several pins and/or in tournament play it is great!

Thanks for the info! Yeah this will be my main pin. Mainly an arcade guy but have been getting addicted to pins. Also this is a theme my wife and my son will love. Watched some videos it looks cool.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeMaker:

Getting it this weekend and just wanted to know more about it really.

It'll be hard to sell so get it on CL by Sunday at the latest

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It'll be hard to sell so get it on CL by Sunday at the latest

Haha thanks. But love the theme. Going to keep for sure.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeMaker:

But love the theme. Going to keep for sure.

Message saved

Enjoy brother!

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Message saved
Enjoy brother!

Will do. I mean.. It has to be a better purchase then the StarWars Stern you have lol.. JK. Have to say was looking forward to it. It was kind of a let down for me.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeMaker:

It has to be a better purchase then the StarWars Stern you have lol.. JK. Have to say was looking forward to it. It was kind of a let down for me.

It's just there to compliment my DI.
I wasn't looking forward to it that much and I'm loving it. You never know what you'll like.

#12 6 years ago

I love mine. Just upgrade to a Pin2DMD which Malenko colored. I also switched out the flipper rubbers to Titan silicone bands which was a big improvement. I think the Guile shot is one of the hardest in pinball.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

I love mine. Just upgrade to a Pin2DMD which malenko colored. I also switched out the flipper rubbers to Titan silicone bands which was a big improvement. I think the Guile shot is one of the hardest in pinball.

Nice! Just got my today it is awesome! Needs lots of love.. But awesome! Question one set of the legs is line an inch longer then the others. Do the longer legs go in the front or back? Dude had them in the back. But it seems the ball return is really fast. Just making sure they are right. Also can someone shoot me a pic of the back glass lock? It has no lock and looks like a piece of weed maybe missing. Thanks everyone!

#14 6 years ago

I very much enjoy my SF2. I have a monopoly, swords of fury, pinbot, and SF2. At one point Elektra also. When guests come over, it amazes me that SF2 ends up being their favorite typically. They like that the rules are easy to learn and it’s addicting trying to defeat all the opponents. It’s kind of a “shooter” game, not a ton of flow but still very entertaining and different from my other titles. Some shots like Guile, the skill shot, and Ryu are challenging. Chun Li is hard to master. It has a different feel because the cabinet is a little taller and the flippers cradle more. There are also a good variety of modes to play, and frequently. The game has been easily to maintain, although I recommend cliffys if the game doesn’t have them already. Hope this helps a bit.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeMaker:

Cons:

One of the worst DMD's ever made in the history of DMD's.
Horrible screw up in the art department
Horrible screw up in the software department
Horrible use of a license

Pros:

Gottliebs are built like tanks, but if you have a tank of shit, what good does it do you?

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Cons:
Pros:
Gottliebs are built like tanks, but if you have a tank of shit, what good does it do you?

Harsh.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeMaker:

Do the longer legs go in the front or back?

Longer legs in the back. there is an app you can use on an iPhone to measure the pitch to ensure its proper (6.5% on playfield I think)

As for the lock question, see photo.

F48143E7-E29D-4736-BCB0-43CA7A36125B (resized).jpegF48143E7-E29D-4736-BCB0-43CA7A36125B (resized).jpeg

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from ZeldaOoT:

Longer legs in the back. there is an app you can use on an iPhone to measure the pitch to ensure its proper (6.5% on playfield I think)
As for the lock question, see photo.

Thanks man! Loving it so far! A few minor things to fix but loving the play on it.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Cons:
Pros:

As much as I hate to agree with Neo....his list of CONS are pretty accurate.

Factory DMD animations blow....
Translite art is horrible. It looks like they we're Chernobyl victims

But with that said, those two cons can easily be turned into PRO's with a new translite and pin2DMD for the animations.

#21 6 years ago

I just picked one up about a week ago myself.I'm also mainly an arcade guy but own a bttf (much fun) and baby pac (work in progress). My sf2 pin needs minor work (ball gets stuck @ the ken tornado spin kick-hole and left flipper coil needs to be replaced). It's still playable until all that's fixed up and I can tell this game is definitely a keeper and it's different. the theme is great and it bring something different than just going for a high score in and of itself. Go with your gut and you should be getting a good price too I imagine. It will compliment your arcade collection well.

#22 6 years ago

Oh man I was all about SF get it on the theme alone dude! And there's a little red car you beat up lol

large.jpglarge.jpg

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

This is pretty much exactly what I feel about the game. As a game all by itself, it's barely a pinball machine. What I mean is the layout and rules are the most stop and go game ever, and it's more like a shooting gallery with flippers than a straight up pinball machine.

But, just like I enjoy Rapid Fire and Orbitor 1 when you have collections of a ton of stuff, I find SF2 has it's place.

As a single game all by itself, I definitely don't think it stands up well.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

Oh man I was all about SF get it on the theme alone dude! And there's a little red car you beat up lol

that car is a pretty good representation on how good the art is all around on that game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-2-champion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.