(Topic ID: 237528)

Street Fighter 2 Car Crunch Glass Available?

By smileymatthew

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190713_110921_001 (resized).jpg
IMG_0298 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

Working on one that's badly faded and cracked in the middle of the PF - anyone know if replacements were ever made or available?

IMG_0298 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#2 3 years ago

Also interested in the answer to this question.

#3 3 years ago

If it’s still in some what decent condition. You might be able to find a local shop to match and cut a new piece.

#4 3 years ago

how is it secured? that looks like something that could be easily replicated in PETG and laser cut

#5 3 years ago

I don't think I've ever seen a replacement for sale. The window is held in place by 10 nylon screws, I believe they are 10-32. It's 3.1mm thick and has squares routed out about half the thickness of the plastic to give the epoxy something to grab on to and hold the screws. I have some SVG's for the window with screw locations and the black vinyl sticker that goes on the top. The overall size looks good but I did measurements for the screw locations when the window was out to clean and I don't want to remove and re-level it to check so they should be double checked. If you have a laser cutting place near you it shouldn't cost much to have them cut a window.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-eA7IHuMMVwcdUGLymmsPqwTM3tXPNag

20190713_110921_001 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Men
$ 7.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!