• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

StreetFighterGuides (resized).jpg
street fighter  II play (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Has anybody experienced a ball getting stuck under the left ramp? I just bought this machine and 3 times within 3 hours I've shot a ball towards the back of the machine and as it comes down it gets stuck directly behind the left ramp. Is this a common complaint or is there something I should fix?

#2 6 years ago

So what shot is making this happen exactly? You just say "back of the machine". What shot specifically?

#3 6 years ago

Do you have the manual for it? Maybe it's missing a post or rubber that should be blocking that area?

#4 6 years ago

Can you post a photo of where it is getting stuck?

#5 6 years ago

Reading his description a few times over. Maybe he is talking about the saucer on the blanka shot?

#6 6 years ago

I marked the spot with a red dot in this picture. It is getting stuck under that ramp. When I shoot the ball and hug the left wall of the machine it gets stuck there. I'll find the manual and see if I'm missing anything.

street fighter  II play (resized).jpgstreet fighter II play (resized).jpg

#7 6 years ago

If youre shooting the blanka shot and its ending up there, your machine is missing guide or posts or both.

#8 6 years ago

Yeah - that definitely shouldn't happen from the Blanka shot.

2 weeks later
#9 6 years ago

I was watching the video at

, at 3:06 it shows the left ramp going up. My machine doesn't do this, could that be my issue?

#10 6 years ago

Both the left and right ramps should raise and lower. If that's not happening there is an issue. Both of the ramps use fuse F25, so if neither of them work I would start with checking the fuse. Can you lift the left ramp manually, is it seized? Solenoid 7 runs the left stargate ramp, you can try it in the machine's test menu to see if it is working. If it's not working in the test I would check the solenoid to see if a wire is broken or anything else obvious, like the linkage to the ramp is broken. With all that being said if you are shooting the Blanka shot and it is ending up under the left ramp you are missing a piece somewhere because that shouldn't happen.

Good luck.

#11 6 years ago

Here is a picture of what the guides under the left ramp should look like. If you slide the playfield forward you should be able to look through the back corner and see if they are missing or bent.
StreetFighterGuides (resized).jpgStreetFighterGuides (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-2-ball-getting-stuck-under-left-ramp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.