4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chuckwurt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F40CDAC2-693C-4573-AB1F-D6C3C9554DFE (resized).jpeg
    A6CBAC95-668E-4826-B3C0-286E6F6B8ED6 (resized).jpeg
    #1 4 years ago

I just got set up for streaming and I’m having a problem with the playfield camera.

Logitech C922 Pro

When a lot of lights start going off I get lines of distortion. The lines are generally in the same area but move/flicker.

Anyone know what this is or how to fix it?

See pics for an example.

A6CBAC95-668E-4826-B3C0-286E6F6B8ED6 (resized).jpegA6CBAC95-668E-4826-B3C0-286E6F6B8ED6 (resized).jpegF40CDAC2-693C-4573-AB1F-D6C3C9554DFE (resized).jpegF40CDAC2-693C-4573-AB1F-D6C3C9554DFE (resized).jpeg
    #2 4 years ago

I would try running the playfield camera only and unplug the others. Does it still happen? Do you have plenty of auxiliary light on the game? Does the camera behave differently if on default settings instead of custom?

I’ve never seen this issue before, but these are the first things I’d try.

#3 4 years ago

I used to sometimes have this issue when the playfield camera is too close to the game.

My theory is that I am overloading the USB bus with data because a higher percentage of the image is changing at any one time.

So I've fixed it by putting the overhead on the USB 3 port through a USB 3 hub along with my USB 3 capture device. The other 2 cameras go in the USB 2 ports. Then setting the overhead camera higher and using a crop filter. More overhead lighting may have also helped because the inserts would light up a smaller area.

After making these adjustments the problem went away.

#4 4 years ago

You could be getting EMF interference which is corrupting the USB data stream. Those distortion areas align to what I would guess is the compression blocks that make up the image. You could try a shielded USB cable that uses a ferrite core. I've seen similar problems with unshielded cables in a manufacturing environment that a shielded cable has resolved.

#5 4 years ago

Shielded vs unshielded is a good point too. I’ve only seen this effect streams that use usb hubs extended by Ethernet, but definitely something to try.

If you’re using a hub too, they can cause issues if you have multiple web cams hooked into one hub.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/streaming-video-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.