New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 278554)

Arcade Dungeon live stream thread

By PumRibby

59 days ago

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by PumRibby
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B8151180-B1B7-44DD-AAF0-D7DE2D55CE7A (resized).jpeg
B211511D-95DA-433E-B388-779DA8352499 (resized).jpeg
9F0CA744-3185-4F05-8058-922CEBF679F8 (resized).jpeg
AFEA0E6E-D06A-4793-99B8-69DB46ED78AC (resized).jpeg
6706FA5B-42DF-4098-936F-AD1D2EA74C4A (resized).jpeg
19ABF72D-33F2-4267-97CA-4E64B23C2478 (resized).jpeg
64644E40-8B5D-4764-BE69-B11C54B759B6 (resized).jpeg

#1 59 days ago

Hey, everyone! I've ventured into the live streaming realm. I was inspired by watching Dead Flip's videos. One in particular where Jack showed that it doesn't take much to start streaming pinball, got my attention. We have a small non-profit arcade in New Mexico (Arcade Dungeon) dedicated to the acquisition, maintenance, and restoration of classic arcade and pinball machines. It has been shut down since March because of Covid and it doesn't look like we'll be able to open anytime soon, so streaming looked like it could be a fun way to show that we are still there in the community.

I'm not trying to be famous and I'm not at all great player, but I have the tech skills and the machines on hand. I'm much better at repairing machines than playing. I've only really been into pinball for about two years. I want to be a better player and I thought why not let the world watch me get better. (or worse, I suppose) Honestly, this year has sucked the joy out of me and I needed something to lift me up.

Tonight was my first stream. After a few technical difficulties, I had great night playing Lights...Camera...Action! (I thought it was a very appropriate title for my first broadcast.) We have ten pinball machines in our arcade from EM's to Modern Sterns and I will stream my way through all of them soon. (All linked above to this topic.)

Anyway, if you are at all interested, here is a link to my first ever stream. I am normally a very quiet person and I worked hard at my play by play. That too, is a skill I'd like to hone. Enjoy!

ARCADE DUNGEON on Twitch

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/757955388

#2 59 days ago

I’m in China trying to get this stream. Need to get my VPN up and running!

#3 59 days ago

Nice..ill take a look
Whats your next pin

#4 59 days ago
Quoted from PappaDubz:

Nice..ill take a look
Whats your next pin

After I’m done with LCA, probably one of our newer ones. JP or IMDN

#5 58 days ago

Working on making clips. Here's a not so fun one!

When your kick save betrays you!

#6 58 days ago

Hello fellow New Mexican!
I'll tune in at some point soon.
We have been growing the scene pretty well here in Albuquerque up until last March. When things are safe to do so we should talk about collaborating on some tournaments. I'm sure we could find a group of people here to come down your way.

#7 58 days ago

You get 1000 thumbs up from me for putting the playfield/gameplay in the middle of the stream template thingy!!!! Color/presentation is great as well. Really nice and clean.
I don't use twitch so will they be on youtube a day or two later? There'll be no way for me to find them otherwise unless you keep posting them to this thread I guess.
Thanks for sharing.
r/

edit: typo

#8 58 days ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Hello fellow New Mexican!
I'll tune in at some point soon.
We have been growing the scene pretty well here in Albuquerque up until last March. When things are safe to do so we should talk about collaborating on some tournaments. I'm sure we could find a group of people here to come down your way.

That would be awesome! We feel all alone down here in the middle of nowhere! LOL!

#9 58 days ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

You get 1000 thumbs up from me for putting the playfield/gameplay in the middle of the stream template thingy!!!! Color/presentation is great as well. Really nice and clean.
I don't use twitch so will they be on youtube a day or two later? They'll be no way for me to find them otherwise unless you keep posting them to this thread I guess.
Thanks for sharing.
r/

I like the playfield in the middle too. My face doesn’t need to be that big on screen! Lol! I’m still learning, but I am putting clips up on YouTube for now. I’ll see what it takes to put the whole stream up. Thanks for your comment!

#10 58 days ago

Clips going up on Youtube now. This one was a fun one!

#11 58 days ago

Quickest multiball ever.

#12 58 days ago

I know it’s probably written lots of places. But tell us about your set up; cameras, software, mic, lighting etc.
I like your style, maybe make a YouTube of your set up.

#13 58 days ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

I know it’s probably written lots of places. But tell us about your set up; cameras, software, mic, lighting etc.

Basics are:
2 Sony Handicams on the game. (playfield & backbox)
An iPhone 7 on me.

Blue Snowball USB mic on me and an ONN USB mic pointed at the game.

One LED photography light with diffuser pointed at the playfield and it lights me as well.

OBS free software on a basic Windows 10 computer I bought refurbished on Amazon.

Some of my graphic design skills

And a great internet connection with 20mbps upload.

#14 58 days ago

Here’s the one photo I have on my phone. I have most of it on the sturdy C-Stand to limit space issues. I have since put the blue snowball on its own mic stand.

64644E40-8B5D-4764-BE69-B11C54B759B6 (resized).jpeg
#15 58 days ago

Thanks! Nice set up. Exactly what I was looking for.

#16 56 days ago

I set up a tentative daily stream schedule. My daily job is running a restaurant, so I can't be online at the same time everyday. Hopefully, there's a time in there that suits everyone to check it out. Thanks.

https://www.twitch.tv/arcadedungeon/schedule

#17 56 days ago

Going live at 2PM MDT 10/5/20

#18 55 days ago

Fun was had! Welcome to my new followers! I will be making highlights from this stream soon, especially, that ball save in the middle of the multiball! New stream tomorrow night!

Missed the stream? Watch it here!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/761631917

#19 55 days ago

Nudging like crazy to save the ball during a multiball! A first for me!

#20 55 days ago

YouTube version ready!

#21 55 days ago

Tonight 10/6/20 I’ll be playing Stern’s Iron Maiden Pro Edition to see if it will kick my butt like Lights...Camera...Action! did! (Spoiler alert! It probably will.) Tune in at 6:30PM MDT on Arcade Dungeon Twitch Channel!

#22 54 days ago

Playin’ Maiden! In 30 minutes!

Twitch.tv/arcadedungeon

19ABF72D-33F2-4267-97CA-4E64B23C2478 (resized).jpeg
#23 54 days ago

Tonight’s Iron Maiden stream is up on Twitch! Highlights soon!

Follow the Link below!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/762816173

#24 54 days ago

This is what I want this stream to be about. Learning to be a better player. I’m not breaking any records, but I’m learning and having a blast while doing it.

#25 54 days ago

Going live in about 20 minutes. 2PM MDT

Twitch.tv/arcadedungeon

#26 53 days ago

I was competing against a live GnR stream, but I still had fun and reached my goal by the end!

#27 52 days ago

Progress is being made! Yay! I’m having a blast with this live stream. Going live in a little over an hour (6:30PM MDT) to finish out some Iron Maiden and pick a new machine to play. Join me.

https://twitch.tv/arcadedungeon/profile

#28 52 days ago

It's all about getting better at playing pinball. This was my best of the night. Surprised me when I looked up at the score.

#29 52 days ago

Bram Stoker’s Dracula is in the studio tonight. If you’ve ever read my repair notes on Pinside here, you’d know how much it took to get this running properly. Let’s see if it continues working all night tonight. It’s a beast to play! Join me at 6:30PM on the Arcade Dungeon Twitch channel.

6706FA5B-42DF-4098-936F-AD1D2EA74C4A (resized).jpeg
#30 51 days ago

Fifteen minutes to show! Join me!

Twitch.tv/arcadedungeon

#31 51 days ago

Building a channel is exhausting, but fun! Join me at 2PM MDT for another round of BSD!

#32 50 days ago
Quoted from PumRibby:

Building a channel is exhausting, but fun! Join me at 2PM MDT for another round of BSD!

You're doing a fine job, keep it up!

#33 50 days ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

You're doing a fine job, keep it up!

Thanks, man! I really appreciate it. Thank you for watching!

#34 50 days ago

Sometimes the ball saves itself! Unintentional death save!

#35 49 days ago

Gonna try my hand at some Revenge from Mars this afternoon. Join me!

Twitch.tv/arcadedungeon

#36 48 days ago

A side bonus with live streaming, besides becoming a better player, is I’m finding little problems in the machines that need to be tended to that I wouldn’t necessarily have known about if someone else played them.

Also, I wish all playfields were so easy to remove as Pinball 2000’s are.

AFEA0E6E-D06A-4793-99B8-69DB46ED78AC (resized).jpeg
#37 47 days ago

Revenge from Mars play continues tonight. 6:30PM MDT. Join me!

#38 47 days ago

The best I’ve ever done on Revenge from Mars! Ball 1 was amazing! Ball 2 and 3?....eh, not so much.

#39 44 days ago

Today I’m going to do something different. I’m starting the repair of an EM pinball. This is the first machine I’m working on that isn’t mine. It’s also the oldest pin I’ve worked on. 1966 Gottlieb Mayfair. Today, I’ll be changing the power cord from a two prong to a three prong. Join me at 2PM MDT.

9F0CA744-3185-4F05-8058-922CEBF679F8 (resized).jpeg
#40 38 days ago

So that was awesome! Thanks for the raid tonight on Twitch! New followers and progress made (and a little smoke) on the Gottlieb. I’ll be working on it again for awhile until I get it running. Thanks again!

#41 33 days ago

Thanks to all those watching tonight especially Jahkub and pezjohnson for helping. Progress is being made!

#42 32 days ago

Getting ready for tomorrow’s stream (during the slow times at work) by going through marking all the relays and really looking at the very beat up schematic. Made a few interesting discoveries already. Join me tomorrow night on Twitch as I continue working on the Gottlieb Mayfair.

#43 31 days ago

Holy cow! The most amazing moment in streaming history happened tonight during my stream! Tune in to my Arcade Dungeon Twitch channel to see all the excitement. We turned a piece of paper around and suddenly the world started making sense! I mean, it was a breakthrough in pinball repair!

2 weeks later
#44 17 days ago

Finished up the repair on the Mayfair. Over 40 hours of work into it. Thanks for all of you that joined me on the journey. Tonight I’ll finally be playing it as it is going back to its owner tomorrow. Join me on Twitch in about forty five minutes to see it play and say goodbye to it.

B211511D-95DA-433E-B388-779DA8352499 (resized).jpeg
#45 15 days ago

Just followed you on Twitch. I am going to start uploading in the next week or so we are still in experimental phases.

#46 15 days ago
Quoted from EJS:

Just followed you on Twitch. I am going to start uploading in the next week or so we are still in experimental phases.

Thanks for the follow. I’ll check you out as well when you’re up and running.

1 week later
#47 9 days ago

So I guess I’m a repair stream now! I still plan to just play sometimes, but I’m having fun chatting and learning with others. Currently, I am cleaning, repairing, and restoring a 1972 Line Drive “pitch and bat”. Join me on Twitch! I’m live again on Monday.

B8151180-B1B7-44DD-AAF0-D7DE2D55CE7A (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 47.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18.95
Sale Pending!
Kansas City, MO
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
$ 99.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Machine - For Sale
Westerly, RI
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Machine - For Sale
Bellmore, NY
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 15.95
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 78.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Raymond, WA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside