5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Skidave
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skidave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I have a question about streaks I'm finding my pinball. Photos are near impossible, but I'll describe as best I can.

I brought a Bally Supersonic back to life. This was not a restore, more of a good cleaning and full repair so it can become a player's machine. I only used Novus 2 and Blitz wax on the playfield. All metal pieces (except pop bumper rings) polished, plastics cleaned, new rubbers, bulbs a few insert repairs, etc. Nothing out of the norm that I haven't already done on two other Bally EMs that I own.

After a few test games, I notice streaks on the new ball. I cleaned the ball with Naphtha and played a few more test games. More streaks. I made sure the pop bumper rings were clean and not covered with old wax. Wiped them with Naphtha and then used some NeverDull polish. Cleaned ball and streaks again.

So looking for some advice. I know this game plays faster than my EMs. Is the ball picking up wax or is this something else?

Thanks

#4 5 years ago

Yes, metal was wiped clean.

Cleaning new rubbers makes sense. I'll do that tomorrow and report back.

Thanks

#5 5 years ago

Well, wiped rubbers with Naphtha. Played 6 games and ball has streaks on it again. It is almost impossible to get a photo of the ball with the streaks.

I need to figure out if th streaks are coming from pops, slings or elsewhere.

This is my first SS and it plays much faster than my EMs However, my EMs are rebuilt and play fast. Never had streaking. I actually check both balls in the EMs tonight and they are nice and shinny.

#8 5 years ago

I believe it is from the rubbers. I rubbed the ball against one of the slingshot rubbers and there was some residue marks. I tried some other rubbers and I saw some marks on the ball. I have played 50 or so games now doing some shake down testing. The streaks are becoming less now.

I'm going to assume it us from the rubbers. These are not Wico, but marked PJ as I recall.

1 week later
    #10 5 years ago

This streaks are no longer occurring. After a bunch of games, I cleaned the rubbers and waxed again. No issues.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skidave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/streaks-on-ball-after-playfield-work?tu=skidave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.