Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Chum43
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

My Strato-Flite is doing a weird thing that has me more than confused. Not that it is super important but if I drop a quarter in the slot it will knock the knocker and advance the credit. If I drop another one in it just drops right through to coin box with no credit. I see the 25 cent relay firing but no credit. The really weird part is if I manually engage the relay it will add credit. It will not accept another coin until end of game. Anyone have any ideas???

#2 10 years ago

to clarify:

when you drop the 2nd coin, do you have a game "started"?

#3 10 years ago

I have tried it both ways. Drop the coin and then drop another as well as start the game and then drop another coin. Same thing happens.

#4 10 years ago

ok, so...

a) you drop a coin, credits add...
b) you drop a subsequent coin, credits do not add... either before or after starting a game...
c) you complete a game, drop a coin, and credits add...

when you get to "c", does it make any difference whether or not there are credits on the machine?

you got a schematic?

#5 10 years ago

Normally I have credits on the wheel. I will try going to 0 credits and see what happens.
I have a schematic. If you are interested in looking ... It is available on Internet Pinball Database. Strato-Flite.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Chum43:

if I drop a quarter in the slot it will knock the knocker and advance the credit. If I drop another one in it just drops right through to coin box with no credit.

Ok ^
Try this from turning the machine on, just drop a coin, the player # s on the backglass should light one player,then a 2nd coin should add one credit (if you have it set up one coin /one play) and knock.
Then when you drop a 3rd coin it will show 2 players lit on the backglass,then you drop another coin it will add a credit and knock. And continue that same pattern correct?

#7 10 years ago

Started with no credits on machine. Player one light is always on. Drop coin... Credit wheel advances to one. Drop a second coin.... Nothing happens. Start game and drop coin after reset. Nothing happens. After game ends.... Drop coin and same sequence happens.

If I have credits on the machine I can add players 1 through four and everything will run normally.

Just a note... This doesn't affect the game as I can add credits on the wheel or could override the credit wheel if I wanted to but I just like the whole coin thing.... Call me crazy but I just like it.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Chum43:

Drop coin... Credit wheel advances to one.

Ok sounds right.

Quoted from Chum43:

Drop a second coin.... Nothing happens.

No 2nd player on the bg lights up when coined?
Check page one of the manual at the adjustments it may be part of the setup you have. (mine is different)

Post edited by Pin-it : Manual info

#9 10 years ago

I tried manually engaging the 25 cent relay again and it add credits steadily. Drop a coin and it engages itself but not credits. Time to put on the specs and follow the schematic again 'cause something aint right. Thx for the input guys.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strato-flite-wont-take-more-than-1-coin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.