Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Strato-Flight-Work-06 (resized).jpg
s-l225 (resized).jpg
0Strato-Flight-Work-05 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Hi to all!

Got an issue with my Strato-Flite, hope you guys can help me on figuring out this one; any bonus scored during a game is not collected at the end of the ball, I can only see the (bonus) countdown on the playfield, but nothing is added to the score, this will not happen if the bonus is double or triple during gameplay. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

~ja

#2 7 years ago

Hi uncle_jose
when Your pin does collect single bonus: Does the stepping down the bonus-ladder is MUCH faster then "stepping down the bonus-ladder double bonus / triple bonus" ? It MUST.

See the JPG --- Single Bonus means the "AA and DD Switches" are "as shown in the schematics - as the Double-Bonus-Relay is not pulling. FAST stepping down on the Impulse-Wheel-Switch-Stack beeing pulsed five times per turn.

IF (if) the stepping on single bonus is fast: Then the "AA-BB" stuff works --- You must investigate in "DD through EE to Switch on Ball-Index-Relay" --- switches clean ? wires soldered-on ?

IF (if) the stepping on single bonus is "slow as on double / triple bonus": You must consider also the "DD etc" - BUT first investigate on the "AA through BB to Bonus-Reset-Relay". Greetings Rolf

0Strato-Flight-Work-05 (resized).jpg0Strato-Flight-Work-05 (resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

Hi rofl..!

Thanks for your guidance, you made me think about the stepping down speed, I do believe it goes faster but I will confirm. I will take a look at the switches you mentioned. The Double Bonus relay is a "pain" to adjust because is inside the relay bank (photo attached).

s-l225 (resized).jpgs-l225 (resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago

Hi uncle_jose
we can lift the playfield - 15 degrees, 30, 45, 60 degrees and use the wooden stick or metal stick to hold the playfield in this position.
We can lift further 75, 90, 115 degrees - pull the playfield a bit against the player and lean-on the playfield onto the Backbox. Not very stable - may want to secure it. Maybe a bit better access to "relays mounted on a relay-bank" ?

The FIRST thing I do when I look for a fault: I toggle-off the pin and unplug the main power cord (Safety Reasons). From schematics and manual I take the information "Switch-XYZ on Relay-QQ" and the color of the involved wires are "whatever-one" and "whatever-two".
I locate in the pin the relay and the switch --- I grab the wire in question and gently pull a bit - question: Soldered-on or broken-off ?

Maybe one of the involved stuff sits in the Backbox and another goody is mounted on the Mech. Panel in the Cabinet: I also check the Jones-Plugs (wires soldered-on or broken-off ?).

I dislike to work on "Switches in Relays sitting in a Relay-Bank" --- I dislike to work on "Switches on the Score-Motor". So sometimes I am rude to the pin --- I cut a wire a couple of inches away from the Solder-Lug. I take a cigarette-lighter and burn away the insulation fabric. Now I have a place to mount an Jumper-Wire for testing. See the JPG - "red line jumpering testing the single-bonus feature".
When the Single-Bonus-Feature works: Fault must be in "what I have jumpered".
When the Single-Bonus-Feature still does not work: Fault must be in Score-Motor-Switch or other connecting wires.

K-Mart and such stores - automotive departement - car-electrics --- they sell single male and female plugs - we can attach the wire by squeezing the housing of the plug --- very practical.
And when I have finished testing: I plug together the cut wire and have these K-Mart-plugs in my pin forever ... Greetings Rolf

#5 7 years ago

Hi uncle_jose
and here is the JPG, greetings Rolf

0Strato-Flight-Work-06 (resized).jpg0Strato-Flight-Work-06 (resized).jpg

#6 7 years ago

Problem solved! The issue rolf, was a open leaf switch (DD on you drawing) !

Thanks again for your clear guidance!

Best,

~ja

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strato-flite-problem-with-bonus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.