Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

(resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5531584_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7388 (resized).JPG
IMG_7386 (resized).JPG

#1 6 months ago

I noticed this "PROP NO 4829" secured to the side of my Strato-Flite. I checked a pinballs in movies thread and didn't see it there. Any ideas? Thanks

IMG_7386 (resized).JPGIMG_7386 (resized).JPGIMG_7388 (resized).JPGIMG_7388 (resized).JPG
#2 6 months ago

That would be cool if that was the case and you could trace it back. I have a vague recollection of seeing a Strato-Flite in a photo from some movie when I was looking up an actor, but I can’t recall which actor. Sorry, I know that doesn’t help much.

#3 6 months ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Sorry, I know that doesn’t help much.

Yeah, but what you said gives me hope. I'll poke around some more.

#4 6 months ago

The 'movies and tv seen in background' thread had a blurry, barely identifiable Strato Flite that was in a Knight Rider episode. But even if it was clear it's gonna be near impossible to nail down a particular machine to a screenshot unless it's got some noticeable flaw or a modification they did to it that is still there.
Pinside_forum_5531584_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_5531584_0 (resized).jpg

#5 6 months ago

Cool find - thanks! Mine has nothing unique about it except for the prop number tag. I'll pretend it was the one - close enough!

#6 6 months ago

It’s cool no matter what, but I would put my money on it being used in something filmed on the east coast. For a Strato-Flite to travel from LA to NY would make no sense.

#7 6 months ago

Apparently Strato-Flite was also in the Hardy Boys Netflix show which was filmed in Ontario.

#8 6 months ago
Quoted from hjh632:

I noticed this "PROP NO 4829" secured to the side of my Strato-Flite. I checked a pinballs in movies thread and didn't see it there. Any ideas? Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

That may be an Aladdin's Castle "Property tag" or from some other chain.
Years ago when i worked at A/C (1980's) every game had one (admittedly, the property numbers were a lot higher, and they later screened Aladdin's Castle on the tags).

#9 6 months ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

That may be an Aladdin's Castle "Property tag" or from some other chain.
Years ago when i worked at A/C (1980's) every game had one (admittedly, the property numbers were a lot higher, and they later screened Aladdin's Castle on the tags).

I just noticed that the tag has a period after “PROP”, just like after “NO” (obviously, abbreviation for “number”), so it looks like “prop” is also an abbreviation. That supports the idea that it means “property,” as you suggest, not simply a movie/tv prop.

#10 6 months ago

Property of (some amusement chain) is sounding more likely than a movie prop. I'd never noticed the period after PROP. With that relatively low number it could be from one of the beach/boardwalk amusement areas like there used to be at Myrtle Beach or Coney Island and others. I'm in my 70s and never went to an Aladdin's Castle back in the day. I suppose there were other companies like that, also. I picked this machine up in the Buffalo, NY area.

#11 6 months ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

I just noticed that the tag has a period after “PROP”, just like after “NO” (obviously, abbreviation for “number”), so it looks like “prop” is also an abbreviation. That supports the idea that it means “property,” as you suggest, not simply a movie/tv prop.

It "Could" mean a movie prop. The term prop. in movie /television / theatre means "Property" as in something from the "Property department".

#12 6 months ago

Here's an Aladdin's Castle property tag, very different format from what's on my Strato-Flite.

(resized).jpg (resized).jpg
#13 6 months ago
Quoted from hjh632:

Here's an Aladdin's Castle property tag, very different format from what's on my Strato-Flite.
[quoted image]

Also a lot higher number. When I left there, out property tags were closing in on 100,000. And that was 15 years after Strato Flite came out.
Still the same basic information, and the tags are about the same size and shape.

#14 6 months ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

It "Could" mean a movie prop. The term prop. in movie /television / theatre means "Property" as in something from the "Property department".

You learn something new every day! I thought “prop” was a stand-alone term as movie/stage scenery. Never knew it was an abbreviation.

(As a piano tuner, I’m confident that the “prop” that holds up a grand piano lid is a stand-alone term.)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountain Brook, AL
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
1,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/strato-flite-in-movies?hl=hjh632 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.