3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

download (1) (resized).jpg
    IMG_2438 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2437 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2432 (resized).JPG
    20160922_015407.jpg
    flipper (resized).jpg
    IMG_20160921_125256762_TOP (resized).jpg
    IMG_20160921_114843347 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1162.JPG

#1 3 years ago

What's the strangest place you have ever located or found a pinball game. Here is mine:

Wife and I were walking the local fitness trail everyday for about six months. At the beginning of the trail off to the side was a small landscaping business, with a house, mobile home and garage. Never paid much attention to the place, except for one morning. The sun was coming up and shining on the mobile home. Well what do I see but the head of a pinball game, or at least it looked like it. My wife says go over there and ask the guy if it is a pin. He says yes, and do you want it. I said sure, he says just be careful the floor in the house is rotten. Got my son and pulled the pin out, a Solar Ride, needed work but it free. Got it working and still own it.

#2 3 years ago

I was a little surprised to find one operating by the baggage claim at T.F. Green Airport outside Providence, RI, a couple of years ago. Pinside's pinball map shows a couple inside security in the Southwest Airlines terminal, but I remember this one being outside security.

IMG_1162.JPG

#3 3 years ago

I found this pin inside a nice Solar Ride today. Also got a Swing-A-Long and haven't gotten inside it to see what I might find. Hopefully a horde of cash!

IMG_20160921_114843347 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160921_125256762_TOP (resized).jpg

#4 3 years ago

Great band!

flipper (resized).jpg

#5 3 years ago

I don't have a picture, but years ago (probably around 2002 or so), there was a Whirlwind in a shed at Lake Kandle in South Jersey. It always worked, and there was a small change machine next to it.

#6 3 years ago

I found one in a pizza parlor... recently.

#7 3 years ago

My own house.

I swear they just appear sometimes!

#8 3 years ago

I was the listing agent for a horse farm years ago. As I was walking through the on-site barn, I saw a rusted up 4 million BC. I asked the seller if the pin was going to convey and he said he was just going to toss it out. I grabbed it instead. Had to clean a few switches to get it 100%, but it ended up working great.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from hipsmart:

I was a little surprised to find one operating by the baggage claim at T.F. Green Airport outside Providence, RI, a couple of years ago. Pinside's pinball map shows a couple inside security in the Southwest Airlines terminal, but I remember this one being outside security.

The MSP airport has at least 3 games...last I saw it had POTC, Mustang, and I think NASCAR(?).

#10 3 years ago

Found a pin in. Taxi rest stop. Called me about service

#11 3 years ago

I saw a monster bash at a Mexican fast food dive. Also an IJ at a car wash shack

#12 3 years ago

This crappy pizza take out place with a half ass restaurant always had a pin. At first they had a roadkings, then a cftbl, then an elvira and lastly a taxi. They all played ok but were pretty beat. They were set on 5 ball for 50 cents and I"ll always come in and just order and play it and win some free games till my pizza was ready. It closed down last summer to my dismay. I'll never forget that taxi because the pinbot targets wouldn't reset so you couldn't pick up pinbot and the jackpot was always maxed. So I would just keep trying to get joyride to get him as a free passenger so I could get the jackpot. It was so fun.

#13 3 years ago

I pulled one of my favorite pins, Outer Space, from the basement of a funeral parlor. A family business, the current mortician's father had purchased it for him and his sister to keep them occupied as children, while they worked upstairs. He recalled getting the spanking of a lifetime when they snuck downstairs and began playing, interrupting a memorial service with the sound of pop bumpers and chimes. I brought the pin out using the coffin elevator

#14 3 years ago

Once I found a Nip-It in a cow pasture next to an old rusted car upright. The game was not in good shape at that point. Playfield glass was gone, and game was full of bird $!#@ surrounded by slop manure and mud. It was spring so the water around did not help me drag the cabinet out of the muck.

Another time a Big Brave in a hayloft in an old barn. Not sure how they got it up there with other coin operated parts as there was no conveyor door or pulley system. Mostly mouse nests, bird droppings, and hay. Restorable except for backglass. Good find.

Yet another pin in the back of a hulk pickup truck in a car junkyard. I don't remember the title. It did not fair well either. But the playfield was salvaged. I did not want the rest, as I had no way to transport the game at the time.

Finally, a Xenon was being prepared to be pushed off the edge of a flatbed into a landfill crusher when I was getting rid of excess scrap wood from my garage. I actually asked the owner if I could have the backbox as I had my toolbox in my truck. I had to pull the bolts as the game backbox was upright. I saved the entire double backglass and mirrors on the front panel. The rest of the game was trashed.

It is still hang this on my wall to this day. I only needed to pull the wires and #44 bulbs to "dress it up". The rest of backbox was scrapped, but I kept the Bally PCBs for refurbishment.

These are few off of memory.
    Many adventures, many stories.

20160922_015407.jpg

#15 3 years ago

Once during a warehouse raid there was a game stored upright in the stall of the mens bathrooms. Probably because that place was soooo...packed with games there was no other place to put it. LOL......

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#16 3 years ago

I picked up a few pins and several vids off the side of the highway one day. A business there had put them out to the street just so they'd disappear.

Coolest place though was the warehouse raid of the outfit that ran all the coin op gear for Gilley's night club (think Urban Cowboy movie). Lots of neat stuff in that warehouse.

#17 3 years ago

Did you get the bull?

#18 3 years ago

Lol. Nope but they had one. They also had a punching bag machine. Lots of Atari vector monitor parts, Williams vid stuff, everything had Gilleys stickers all over it on the cabinets.

#19 3 years ago

i was buying a Slot Machine Years ago. It was found in a social hall, behind a wall that was being demo.

In fact 3 slots and a Pin were found! By the age and last nickel, the wall must have had a "secret entrance"
    as 1935, was the oldest coin!

All the slots were of course original, dusty, with little moisture damage. The Pin was a Genco Sky Ride, 1933.

I wasnt present, but knew the party personally that was there for the demo and find, and my view was pictures only, but the story was much more elaborate, complete with Chicago Mob ties, Alcohol, etc.

A fond pin find, circa 1979.

#20 3 years ago

While it's not totally crazy, I pulled a JD out of a daycare. Seemed like an odd pin to have in a setting with infants-6 year old kids. It's rife with violence, murder, prostitution, etc.

#21 3 years ago

I found a stash of four pins in a storage trailer behind a boys and girls club in Nogales, AZ. They had been there for so long, no employee remembered when they were donated.

IMG_2432 (resized).JPG

IMG_2437 (resized).JPG

IMG_2438 (resized).JPG

#22 3 years ago

*still have the baywatch -- my favorite game of the bunch.

#23 3 years ago

Baywatch is a great game! Sounds, video modes, layout, shots, etc. The game owns!

#24 3 years ago

Once found a pin in an airport hangar when I was going to buy an arcade from the same hangar. I don't remember the name but it was an Atari pin so I passed on it.

#25 3 years ago

download (1) (resized).jpg

#26 3 years ago

In JPOP's workshop

What, too soon?

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

In JPOP's workshop
    What, too soon?

Rim shot please!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 179.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 189.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 249.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 55.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 229.99
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.45
    Gameroom - Decorations
    KAHR.US Circuits
    $ 239.00
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 109.99
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside