You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Simpsons-ThatsaPaddlin_zps0ffeb18d (resized).jpg
Stranger Slings (resized).jpg
image (resized).png
image (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 7 years ago

I loved the show but it's such an amalgamation of 80s movies I don't think it would work as a pin. There's nothing distinctive for a pin to latch onto.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

» YouTube video

Thanks a whole bunch for that. So hilarious.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from shoemakesmusic:

I guess I would argue there is plenty to latch onto, IMO. Super powers, Monster, hunting / trapping / burning the monster, alternate world (upside down), corrupt corporation, chase scenes, table top D&D references. Those all sound good to me. At least better than crushing a beer can.

So you want the layout of PBR but with the theme of Stranger Things. Ok. You're right. That would definitely work.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from shoemakesmusic:

Say what? I'm just talking strictly theme. Never said anything about layout. Not trying to argue, just saying it sounds like a better theme than crushing a beer can. It was a joke with some truth to it. Anyway, I think Stranger Things could certainly make a theme for pinball. Might need a couple more seasons under its belt to add to what is already there. But that is just my opinion.

PBR is just a retheme. It's similar to many EMs or early SSs. The theme is just for art direction and has nothing to do with the gameplay. If you want a modern pin with toys and gimmicks, I don't think Stranger Things would work. It's a great show but it has more to do with great characters and their interactions. Plus it's an ensemble cast with no main character.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things?tu=dmbjunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.