IMG_0036 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8378 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5768 (resized).jpeg
64191436-E924-430E-866F-05B04DB01394 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8355 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8351 (resized).jpeg
STR THG PST 1 (resized).jpg
schedule (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 1 year ago

With the prices as nuts as they are, I could see it for sure. I heard the license holders were pretty good to deal with on this one.

#24 1 year ago

Or, you know, fix the LE feature issues.

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

What are the main differences between the pro and premium ?
Newbie here
Thx

Magnet locks for telekinesis multiball
Shaking demogorgon
Projector images all over the playfield
Swipe a ball lockbar button feature

1 week later
#80 1 year ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

My biggest fear is the projector dying and not being able to replace it. I doubt I’ll ever sell mine but it’s hard not to think about that projector taking a shit and instantly it’s a Pro/Prem hybrid. Anyone know if the projectors are avail anywhere or even an aftermarket one?

Get with your distributor and order one from stern. I believe they have them in stock.

1 week later
#104 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Wish they’d say the same about home pins.

Why? They don’t affect cornerstone releases at all.

#108 1 year ago

GOT pro is an example like that. They had parts to make Pros when the new code update dropped and they renewed the licenses for a short period of time to be able to make them. Nothing was changed or updated for those.

#110 1 year ago

There is zero change this game gets rerun. Just a guess though.

#112 1 year ago

Yep. Zero. Bookmark it. Haha

#116 1 year ago

Until supply chains are fully back and plentiful, I wouldn’t expect any vaults.

I think AC/DC was the most recent vault and that was 2018 I think? I bet it’s 2024 before we possibly see vaults of any kind again.

#118 1 year ago

Crazy. Must have had them in the basement and forgot about them.

5 months later
#132 1 year ago

Yep. They got it “close enough”. And to be honest, for some owners, if it works 1/10 times, that’s good enough.

#151 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Upvoting you because it's the fantasy that I have as well. And I'm sticking with it until I hear or see evidence of a definitive "No." And Levi's "no" doesn't cut it, even though he is probably right in this case.

How about my definitive NO.

#153 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I just can’t see them leaving that much cash or opportunity behind.

It’s no more than the next game they are already producing.

#157 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

007 hasn’t broken top 100 I doubt it will. Stranger Things sits at 21. I think the younger generations are starting to out buy the boomers. Stern has to pull their heads out of their A$$es and realize that.

Everyone HATED stranger things when it came out. Never know until a game is fully baked and people get lots of time on it.

#162 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

You aren’t going to go out and buy something no one else wants!

My collection begs to differ.

#164 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I know! You sold your Stranger Things LE! That just shows you need some help! Lol

Yeah. Godzilla pro and TWD LE are horrible compared to stranger things.

#167 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

What really hurts is I didn’t get the chance to buy yours!

Still boggles my mind that people were tripping over themselves to pay 15-20k for that game. Haha

1 month later
#204 1 year ago

Yeah I hear it will have a fully fixed demo ramp, TK lock, and orbit feeds, come with UV kits, new art and have all 5 seasons in it.

#209 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I hope they do come out with one! Someone posted earlier the only people complaining about it are the people who currently have a Stranger Things in their collection!

I haven’t seen a single person complain. Only those that understand the slim to no chance of it happening, and those that don’t.

#220 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I actually don’t know or don’t care, just you guys get so touchy.

Except we aren’t. Haha. We’re just explaining why we think it’s not gonna happen.

#222 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Unbelievable how people just don’t want to understand there is nothing wrong with the TK lock, its the stock flipper coils!! More power is the answer!!!!

I had LOTR coils and fans. I still needed all the tweaks.

#224 1 year ago

Yeah it’s all over the place. You either have to do nothing, some stuff, or all the stuff. Haha

Fun fact: the cooling fans exist because of STH. It was the use case to start their production.

3 weeks later
#233 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So, all the precious owners in denial. Probably lost your chance to sell at stupid scalper price. Best just enjoy your games.
After the onslaught of new games hitting the market though, even Stern might have missed the boat here.
GG said:
"The good news is, you're probably going to see them again from us. I don't know when, but I think that we might make some more."

Wow! This was unexpected. Basically a yes from stern. Glad I cashed in on my LE when the getting was good! Might grab a premium if they remake them and they fix the issues with it.

#247 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Oh boy ,the Last episode of Freeplay on TPN at about 135.30 says it all . George literally says it ,so take a listen .Time to start putting more $$ aside

GG said:
"The good news is, you're probably going to see them again from us. I don't know when, but I think that we might make some more."

#253 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Is it me or have many of the assets in this game been stripped out over the years. I don't know what code the local place was running but it was the sherrif's voice the entire time and little to no movie clips? When it first came out I remember the van twirling in the air and the kids sitting around talking. Seems kinda boring to me now with the assets gone? Batman 66 seemed the same way when I have played it recently.

The only changes that have happened is more callouts and more clips. All the stuff you mentioned is still there.

#260 1 year ago

Batman 66 LE is going for 20k USD?

#276 1 year ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

I was offered 15k cash for my premium a week ago from a friend

You’re nuts for not selling. Haha

#278 1 year ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

OK... And I think you were nuts to sell

Just couldn’t keep a game like that. My GZ pro and TWD LE I was able to get for stranger things was a no brainer. I was always mad I sold AC/DC to get stranger things too. Promised myself I’d never sell a game to get a game until out of room after that.

#281 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

All that message does is confirm it’s absolutely in progress.
You don’t think Stern can get the license again? They got it the first time.

Just takes money. Are they willing to pay it is the question.

#285 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It happening Ice. You don’t even have to read between the lines. Just read the lines!!!! Can’t believe you’re in denial like the rest of these guys. SELL SELL SELL!!!!

Why would someone with the game sell with a vault imminent? The time to sell was months ago.

#288 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Or the licensors are demanding changes. Possibly it turned into a R&M spooky situation with Cartoon Network and their new (well, new back then) overlords that stopped all additional content making it into the game.

It’s money. I bet it costs more now and stern doesn’t want to pay.

4 months later
#355 8 months ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

I've actually heard the premiums are more rare than le. Don't know if that's true... I've heard that more than once.

There are definitely at least 500 premiums out there in the world.

#356 8 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Those stickers aren’t on the Marco site and I need one for my coin door, where can you buy them?

Try stern. Through your distro. That’s where I got mine. It’s the full set though and it’s like $100.

3 weeks later
#368 7 months ago

Seasons ranked for me:

1. 4
2. 1
3. 3
4. 2

#373 7 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

So close to my order but I’d swap 3 with 2
4 is brilliant and an easy choice at #1 rank

Yeah. 3 and 2 were a coin flip and gave it to 3 as I thought that season was hilarious and off the wall.

#390 7 months ago

They are going to add all the remaining seasons and double the code and the mini wizard bug will still be there. Haha

#418 7 months ago

Also. No one knew how to adjust the demogorgon to make it shoot better. So every copy was literally impossible to make the mouth. Now that adjustments can be made, it’s way more enjoyable of a shot.

#420 7 months ago

Not an easy adjustment, but if you look at the key posts in the owners thread there are multiple things to try to get yours more consistent.

#435 7 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Everyone still in denial? Did you all scalp sell your games yet? Only thing that might save your "value" is Stern's potential re-LE'ing it at $13k. Even then, still a drop from the $17-19K these LE's have been going for until recently.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I don’t own this game, so I’m not sure what the point is you’re trying to make.

#458 7 months ago

I wouldn’t think about buying this game again without the UV kit.

2 weeks later
#486 6 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Sadly I think this really is just a 'we found some stuff while moving' move on Stern's part and may just be a random event. Dealers are choking on inventory as it is. Do they really want Guardian Pros? Six months after the franchise ended its theatrical run?

OPs will gobble them up. They earn.

2 weeks later
#531 5 months ago

If it’s pro and premium I expect the prices to be the same as venom. So yeah, if you paid 14k for a premium, you’re gonna lose lots of value.

#539 5 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Will projector replacements and UV Kits be available?

UV kits doubtful unless a warranty replacement. I assume these new games will come with kits installed.

Very interested to see if they try to make the shots more reliable and feeds smooth. If that is done, might be hard to pass this one up.

#582 5 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Serious question...How much of this is fixable through tweaking? Some folks claim their games are working as intended, others not so much. Just wanting to know what I'm in for if this rumor transpires how I hope.

You have to be committed to putting in the work. Could be fairly simple, or could literally take forever to get right.

#584 5 months ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I remember when you were on the forefront of it. There is no way that any pin owner should have to "put the work" to make their brand new pinball machine work as it should. Perhaps a little tweaking, a tightening of a loose screw, etc. But it shouldn't be anything that goes on for hours or days.

100% agree. Yet chances are Stern is not going to improve the design of this game, and people are going to gobble them up. Every premium/LE STH I’ve played (outside of the one i had) didn’t work quite right, but the owners were also happy with how they played. *shrug*

#595 5 months ago
Quoted from Deez:

This thread is giving me flashbacks to the nightmare that is the TK lock mech. It just simply doesn't work. No amount of tweaking can get it work consistently. Hopefully they figured it out and have updated it.

Mine worked 100%. Once I added fans and LOTR coils it stayed perfect.

#596 5 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Is there a good list of all the fixes? Does the owner's thread compile them well?
If this vault comes to be, it might be nice to compile an exhaustive list to save on frustration.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488

#647 5 months ago

Pro 6999
Premium 9499

#662 5 months ago
Quoted from Medic:

Confirmed? Comes with uv kit?

Yes. UV kit separate.

#798 5 months ago
Quoted from blizz81:

For me, if the premium did something about the two worst parts of this game (right orbit, and saucer shot), I'd maybe consider it. But in this episode of the never-ending series of "Pro vs. Premium", paying more to get the opportunity to deal with a notoriously finicky ball lock mech plus a cool-but-not-very-future-proofed toy in the projector....meh.

If you don’t play the premium first for a long long time then go play a pro, it’s easy to choose pro.

Since I had only played the pro for like a week then got the LE and played it for 2 years straight, it was such a let down any time I came across a pro.

I guess it depends on which one you get used to first.

#904 5 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

Are they really limiting production on this? I'm surprised I'm seeing out of stock now at some places..

Nothing official from stern, but dealers are confident in multiple runs. They just can’t promise anything until the word is official. Don’t want to take more deposits than you have games coming.

#916 5 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Curious chuckwurt did you replace your projector screen material with the upgraded black version as everyone seemed to be doing early on?

Nope. I was worried the black stuff wouldn’t take the inevitable beating it would take. The stock white stuff was super durable, and I thought the images were great with the white. I kept that area of my basement dim and it was perfect.

#917 5 months ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Here's what mine looked like. Middle panel is original, side panels are new material. These pics were taken during the day too. Room was pretty bright. Fantastic upgrade.
[quoted image]

Mine never looked like the middle of this picture. It would take a flashlight straight to the screen to look like that.

#919 5 months ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

That's what they look like in the daytime. Mine screen was the stick screen in the middle.

Must be a super sunny room. Mine wasn’t near a window, but even on a sunny day, and light above the game at like 50%, it was surprisingly vibrant and bright.

#926 5 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Maybe just toing the non impact bits like the screen and ramp sides might be the way to go.

I think I remember the ones on the ramps not working well. At least where the ball rolls. Like the images didn’t show up at all. Most just did the main screen I think.

#938 5 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

The material I found mentioned in my DIY write up is stellar on the ramps.
Another perk is that the silver also looks better when the game is turned off (IMO). Same set I've had on since early 2021. Has held up far better than expectations (just about flawless aside from the lower scuffs on the drops [not from the ball, and not noticeable during play] and some minor wear on a couple of the standups).

[quoted image]

How many plays on this material shown in the pictures? Looks great.

#1128 5 months ago

They better have at least spent a little on redesign.

#1149 5 months ago
Quoted from Tilt:

you all are a hard crowd. Rumors come out, and everybody says that if they redo this, that it better have this fixed, that fixed, blah blah blah.
And lo and behold, they actually did
Now, its all, id hate to be an original owner, they are getting screwed. You cant change the past, no need to dwell. and apparently this old terrible game that had flaws didnt affect many because as we know the price skyrocketed on it. and now a lot more will get a chance to own one
I can think of one time that a "improvement" really hurt a company, can we say New Coke, lol

Clear Pepsi?

#1164 5 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

For original owners yes but those that paid 12K and upwards for a premium in the last year or so just had 3K walk out the door and supposedly for an inferior product. I think it hurts for those people

Right but they should have knew the risks going in. Assume you’ll lose all value with every purchase and you’ll never be disappointed

#1247 5 months ago

I’d expect bug fixes. But nothing past that. Maybe some add achievements

1 week later
#1266 5 months ago

Bug fixes only is what I would expect.

2 weeks later
#1295 4 months ago
Quoted from Buckman:

So if a distributor has say 100 people on a verbal waitlist that's been ongoing for a while, and then a few weeks ago the distributor puts up the deposit thing for Stranger Things on their site for the upcoming run and you get your deposit in right away and are the first one that paid - who does the distributor allocate the machines to first? Is it the 100 people that said they wanted one or is it to the person that paid the deposit?

I think they get with the interested list first, then take other deposits after that if needed.

#1301 4 months ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I know I paid my deposit the first day it was announced, so I would hope to be at the top of the list of games going out.

Your distro should be able to tell you exactly where you are in line and if you are in there first batch or not.

#1305 4 months ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Yeah, I was told that I’d be in this first run. I’m excited. I’ve been reading through your owners thread already, lots of pages to that one! Hoping all those (or at least most of) issues you guys had faced have been resolved.

Yeah should be plenty of help already documented in there should you need it. Key posts are good in that thread too.

#1308 4 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

First run? Most distributors are touting this as the last run, unless that is just to get you to buy now.

I think they mean first batch of this last run. They are definitely not making just one wave of these. They sold out immediately.

#1311 4 months ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

How many games can stern make per day?

How many games can stern make per day?

Old facility, 115 per day. New facility? More than that. Haha

#1319 4 months ago
Quoted from Mackpinzie:

My distributor just told me there's only 1 batch of this run as well. I'm sure that will change but I guess we'll see.

Yeah. They’ve only been assured this one run. But I’m sure they will make more.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 210.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mount Washington, KY
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-vault-is-it-coming?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.