IMG_0036 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8378 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5768 (resized).jpeg
64191436-E924-430E-866F-05B04DB01394 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8355 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8351 (resized).jpeg
STR THG PST 1 (resized).jpg
schedule (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

I’d still buy a pro if they released the uv kits as standard on them.

Not gonna happen. Now get back in the basement where you belong.

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Will Stern at least include the UV kit this time?

Yes. For $11k.

1 week later
#88 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRetail:

When Stranger Things was released, the software was REALLY incomplete. I mean, there was almost nothing to it. It took the better part of the year it came out to get the game's software to a playable, full pinball experience.
So yeah, it was hated when it was new.
Also, the things that make this game magical are the UV kit (extra cost add-on), and the premium's projector (VASTLY improved by replacing Stern's white screen material with Starbright 9:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-stranger-things-prem-le-darkstar-9-screen-details
As well as tweaking in / fixing the levitating ball on the premium.
This isn't a machine that hit the street ready to play.
It took some time to mature.

...and here I thought it was a shit ton of fun when it came out. The code updates--and Cleland's sound mod--just made the thing better and better. Never understood everybody bitching about this game and saying it was a ripoff of AFM. As if that was a bad thing.

5 months later
#130 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

50:49-- "We could do a better job with the TK lock. We struggled to get consistent performance from the TK lock." So, why was it sent into production knowing that that mechanic didn't work well?

For the same reason GOT was sent into production with orbit issues, SW was sent into production with death star ramp issues, JP was sent into production with shooter lane turnaround ramp issues, and Rush was sent into production with scoop protector issues: We early adopters LOVE a good challenge.

1 week later
#188 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

lol u guys are crazy
they are not going to vault this game

I agree. They can't even make more than 2 cornerstones a year now...why start doing vaults again? The safer bet is to fix the screens and TK lock yourself and keep it. I can't imagine how much more awesome they could make the game. I love it the way it is.

5 months later
#323 9 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I’m a huge fan of Stranger Things series, but I have to admit that I could not have been more disappointed in this game. As someone with a small collection (currently 3 that may grow to 4) and with AMF being my favorite pin of all time (I own a remake LE), ST was just too much of an AFM clone for me to buy it. If it had been a different layout, I’d most certainly own one.
Curious if any owners have both ST and AFM and what your thoughts are having owned both over a period of time?

I have both...and they're both great games. But I barely play AFM anymore and still play STh regularly. So take from that what you will...

2 months later
#463 7 months ago

I was an early adopter of SThLE and endured the ridicule of Pinsiders who prejudged the game as usual, saying it was just another AFM, but not as good.

Then production stopped, appreciation for the game finally happened, and prices shot up.

Now there's talk of rerunning it.

I don't care. I loved it when it came out and I still love it. I'm happy people made a killing on selling their games (I'm looking at YOU, @chuckwurt!). But for me, I didn't care what it was worth in the past, present, or future. It's a great game and I'm keeping mine.

Happy for all who want one to get one...you won't regret it for a second.

1 month later
#911 6 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Curious chuckwurt did you replace your projector screen material with the upgraded black version as everyone seemed to be doing early on?

I did, and it's a fantastic upgrade...and the material really holds up well to balls hitting it on the targets.

#913 6 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wasn't some guy selling some off on here? Or you just ordered directly off a supplier?

Ordered samples directly from the company. They cost like $40, but it's more than enough to cover about 3 machines.

#920 6 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I still have mine in the package somewhere. The screen is still pretty darn good.
Maybe I’m just too lazy

Pay my airfare. I'll come install it for you.

#932 6 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Do you still have the link?

Here's the company and material I used. I got both the .8 and 1.4 Black Diamond samples. Can't quite remember which one I used, but you should decide which one is right for you. Contact them and tell them you need samples for a home theater. They'll send you a credit card form that you have to fax/email back and then they'll send it to you. Best of luck!

https://www.screeninnovations.com/materials/black-diamond/

https://www.screeninnovations.com/screen/overview/

#959 6 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

As far as I know, that material doesn't work on the ramps (unless something changed?).

Correct. I didn't feel the ramps needed it...so he should probably go with the Dark Star stuff if that works.

BUT...the Black Diamond takes the ball impacts and doesn't show any sign of having been impacted. It's solid stuff.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-vault-is-it-coming?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.