IMG_0036 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8378 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5768 (resized).jpeg
64191436-E924-430E-866F-05B04DB01394 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8355 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8351 (resized).jpeg
STR THG PST 1 (resized).jpg
schedule (resized).png

There are 1,356 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 28.
#251 1 year ago

So, has the waiting crowd moved on from waiting for a Tron vault to waiting for a Stranger Things vault?

#252 1 year ago

Is it me or have many of the assets in this game been stripped out over the years. I don't know what code the local place was running but it was the sherrif's voice the entire time and little to no movie clips? When it first came out I remember the van twirling in the air and the kids sitting around talking. Seems kinda boring to me now with the assets gone? Batman 66 seemed the same way when I have played it recently.
Edit: I could be wrong on the clips because I have a virtual pin now and it is loaded with assets.

#253 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Is it me or have many of the assets in this game been stripped out over the years. I don't know what code the local place was running but it was the sherrif's voice the entire time and little to no movie clips? When it first came out I remember the van twirling in the air and the kids sitting around talking. Seems kinda boring to me now with the assets gone? Batman 66 seemed the same way when I have played it recently.

The only changes that have happened is more callouts and more clips. All the stuff you mentioned is still there.

#254 1 year ago

I don't know what you where playing but mine has all the assets plus more with the cleland alternate code

#255 1 year ago

If it is a vault-meh

If they do a whole new machine the way the should have made it-yes

I enjoy the virtual version for#1 the music and #2 the upside down playfield feature that was always dreamed about and talked about but they never did it. Being reversed and at an angle with reverse flippers makes it entertaining. If Stern were to copy this idea-it would do well.

3:45 & on for reverse playfield feature

#256 1 year ago

ASAC_Schrader or WackyBrakke or Eric Hadley or Maxmillon(maxnickelboy) is stalking me again with the thumbs down-a real class act

Is it not time to change your avatar/account again Mikeee?

#257 1 year ago

George's words were enough to make me go from looking to buy a premium to no longer looking at these prices

#258 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

ASAC_Schrader or WackyBrakke or Eric Hadley or Maxmillon(maxnickelboy) is stalking me again with the thumbs down-a real class act
Is it not time to change your avatar/account again Mikeee?

I know, who knew I could get a thumbs down for just asking a question?

#259 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

George's words were enough to make me go from looking to buy a premium to no longer looking at these prices

George’s words got me to trade out of my LE into a Batman 66LE. Very fair swap I think.

#260 1 year ago

Batman 66 LE is going for 20k USD?

#261 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

who knew I could get a thumbs down for just asking a question?

He is known to be a major troll and the only reason to have multiple accounts is because he keeps getting chased off. May be time for the moderators to look into his endeavors and block IP. Kaneda got banned and yet this guy is allowed?

Also I had a friend over last night and he is a huge Stranger Things fan. I had him play the virtual version with the upside down feature and he loved it! He said he liked the Stern table but the virtual version was better and asked if the next vault would be different or the same? The upside down feature really makes the theme come alive. The video I posted does not do a good job showing it-the guy playing is flipping like a monkey with both flippers. Hitting the three banks to qualify and then bashing Demo to qualify for upside down and then getting upside down for multi-ball. The soundtrack is also what shines. Stern would need to pony up for a good soundtrack so Cleland does not have to come to the rescue.

#262 1 year ago

"Good Morning U.S. Stern Dealers,

There have been rumors circulating on the internet that we are running Stranger Things again. This is not true.

We understand there is high demand, and we’ve worked on obtaining the license again for quite some time. However, we currently do not have the license and if that changes, we’ll let you know if it gets put in the schedule for next year."

Rumor quashed.

#263 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

There have been rumors circulating on the internet that we are running Stranger Things again. This is not true.
We understand there is high demand, and we’ve worked on obtaining the license again for quite some time. However, we currently do not have the license and if that changes, we’ll let you know if it gets put in the schedule for next year."
Rumor quashed.

But.. But.... What about the angry owners worried about values!!??? Lol.
Fwiw... I'll state it again, I was also told the same thing followed by... It ain't happening. Especially any time soon.

#264 1 year ago

I think the reassurance here is they admit they are trying to get the license again... without being a true insider, my assumption is that to obtain the license, it MUST incorporate all seasons, it can only be Vecna and on, or they (stern) were barred from including Vecna and on (and were planning on some kind of DLC software plus new run).

Pinside is about 5% of the pinball consuming world and there are several hundred on here that would buy a NIB stranger things.

Would be interesting to hear what issues they went up against trying to obtain the license again. Of course, it could be really simple... it cost too damned much.

#265 1 year ago

Yes ,GG rose to his position at Stern by making false statements on the record that could possibly hurt new release sales. Ok ,I guess I’ll go back to hunting for one under 13k

#266 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Rumor quashed.

So Gomez lied to us…

#267 1 year ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

But.. But.... What about the angry owners worried about values!!??? Lol.
Fwiw... I'll state it again, I was also told the same thing followed by... It ain't happening. Especially any time soon.

Traded an Octoberfest and added $800 for a NIB premium during one of the early runs. I chuckle seeing prices at $12-14k. It's a great game with Cleland's code. I'd say $12-14k is ridiculous but with current price increases and the insanity of JJP and Bond 60th, nothing surprises me anymore. Not long ago we bought pins, lost a little money, made a little money, or broke even. Now people are a bit to focused on the profit/loss part of the hobby. Too much investing now. Get used to paying for what you want and losing a few bucks if you buy NIB and sell. Family will never let me sell our STh, so unless our premium goes to $25k the "value" doesn't matter. Bring on a vault, as an owner I could care less.

#268 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I think the reassurance here is they admit they are trying to get the license again... without being a true insider, my assumption is that to obtain the license, it MUST incorporate all seasons, it can only be Vecna and on, or they (stern) were barred from including Vecna and on (and were planning on some kind of DLC software plus new run).
Pinside is about 5% of the pinball consuming world and there are several hundred on here that would buy a NIB stranger things.
Would be interesting to hear what issues they went up against trying to obtain the license again. Of course, it could be really simple... it cost too damned much.

Fwiw ,I did hear in an interview the brothers are down with re upping the license but I watch/listen to so much content on pinball I have zero idea which one .I’m an honest guy though As far as how much content I consume it’s actually pretty scary ,but I always jumped from hobby to hobby my whole life .At least I finally settled on something .

#269 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Traded an Octoberfest and added $800 for a NIB premium during one of the early runs. I chuckle seeing prices at $12-14k. It's a great game with Cleland's code. I'd say $12-14k is ridiculous but with current price increases and the insanity of JJP and Bond 60th, nothing surprises me anymore. Not long ago we bought pins, lost a little money, made a little money, or broke even. Now people are a bit to focused on the profit/loss part of the hobby. Too much investing now. Get used to paying for what you want and losing a few bucks if you buy NIB and sell. Family will never let me sell our STh, so unless our premium goes to $25k the "value" doesn't matter. Bring on a vault, as an owner I could care less.

So did PotC have a big part in fomo? When did the reveal craze start ? I’ve been in pinball since late ‘19 and this is all I know it to be .

#270 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I agree... But also get so tired of the straw hat argument about values VS recreation. I was offered 15k cash for my premium a week ago from a friend. Mine isn't for sale... And I don't care about values. The unfortunate truth is.... You gotta pay to play. If they make them again one day great. Otherwise... I don't care. Just repeating what I've been told multiple times.

#271 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

So did PotC have a big part in fomo? When did the reveal craze start ? I’ve been in pinball since late ‘19 and this is all I know it to be .

Idk.. too many people in the hobby with disposable income i guess. But it works out if you can find good HUO games and let others take the NIB hit. I dont normally buy NIB but did with GZ and DP. Dealers were trading GZ or marking them up but I found one at retail and bought it. I bought a DP from him as well because prices were at or over NIB. That has all settled down. You see just about all pins leveling out or dropping pricewise. In another year all these new releases will be readily available. Because they're will be ... you guessed it.. more new pins. Its a ridiculous cycle of FOMO, available cash, and people needing the newest shiny thing. No doubt these new pins are great but nothing better in my opinion than my current line up. Be patient, find someone to trade with, or who takes care of their games and save a little cash. I traded my mando for bond, both pro. Now I'm playing the wait for code game. Not always the best idea to be first in line. I will never drop crazy cash on Stern LEs or JJP CEs because i don't see the value and Id rather save the cash and buy another premium. But IF this vault happens at current Stern prices (10k or so). Yeah .. you should snag one.

And I have no idea why the big deal about POTC. That is a lot of FOMO. GnR and the purple EHOH are two other mysteries. GnR is down as much or more than any other pin in recent history except UM. But people were losing their sh over GnR. 20-25k for a purple powder coated EHOH. Nope... Don't get sucked into the madness.

#272 1 year ago

Nicely put .

#273 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Yes ,GG rose to his position at Stern by making false statements on the record that could possibly hurt new release sales. Ok ,I guess I’ll go back to hunting for one under 13k

Quoted from CashMoney:

So Gomez lied to us…

Nobody lied or made false statements. George has stated twice on podcasts that they would *like* to re-run it again and will *maybe* do it. The certainty that it will be run again are assumptions made by people on the interwebz.

Quoted from P1nhead:

Good Morning U.S. Stern Dealers,

Rumor quashed.

To me this reads: "We want to re-run it, possibly next year, but still don't have the license".

I don't buy the "they will never remake it again because I am an armchair licensing and manufacturing expert" opinion, and don't buy the "it is coming this year" opinion. I am firmly in the "there is a chance it will get run next year" camp. Maybe only a small chance, but I'll take the small chance of getting a NIB over paying 14-15k USD for the game.

And yes, there is the "but Stern will charge 15k USD for the vault if they do it anyway" opinion, which could happen, in which case my money will remain safe in my wallet.

Will never want any game bad enough to pay the crazy prices these go for now.

#274 1 year ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

I agree... But also get so tired of the straw hat argument about values VS recreation. I was offered 15k cash for my premium a week ago from a friend. Mine isn't for sale... And I don't care about values. The unfortunate truth is.... You gotta pay to play. If they make them again one day great. Otherwise... I don't care. Just repeating what I've been told multiple times.

I dunno, you've posted multiple times how you don't care, which seems to indicate you do care

#275 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I dunno, you've posted multiple times how you don't care, which seems to indicate you do care

LOL... Nope, but I do get tired of hearing the same bs about current owners worried about values. I don't know where it came from, but get tired of hearing the retort, as several of us simply post... It probably won't happen. I didnt just make that up... Nor did anyone else. I reached out, researched it, and decided it probably wouldn't happen and simply wasn't worth the wait.

#276 1 year ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

I was offered 15k cash for my premium a week ago from a friend

You’re nuts for not selling. Haha

#277 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You’re nuts for not selling. Haha

OK... And I think you were nuts to sell

#278 1 year ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

OK... And I think you were nuts to sell

Just couldn’t keep a game like that. My GZ pro and TWD LE I was able to get for stranger things was a no brainer. I was always mad I sold AC/DC to get stranger things too. Promised myself I’d never sell a game to get a game until out of room after that.

#279 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just couldn’t keep a game like that. My GZ pro and TWD LE I was able to get for stranger things was a no brainer. I was always mad I sold AC/DC to get stranger things too. Promised myself I’d never sell a game to get a game until out of room after that.

Understood. I've had to make more room myself... I just usually get games... Enjoy them and have no real desire to sell them. Except for one... And the family just didn't like it. But it was a little older... So... Off it went.

#280 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Rumor quashed.

All that message does is confirm it’s absolutely in progress.

You don’t think Stern can get the license again? They got it the first time.

#281 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just takes money. Are they willing to pay it is the question.

#282 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If they think there’s enough demand. Development costs are already sunk. Be a no brainer I would think.

#283 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If they think there’s enough demand. Development costs are already sunk. Be a no brainer I would think.

I have an LE. No more games are coming out.

Where is the TWD with LCD?

#284 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I have an LE. No more games are coming out.
Where is the TWD with LCD?

It happening Ice. You don’t even have to read between the lines. Just read the lines!!!! Can’t believe you’re in denial like the rest of these guys. SELL SELL SELL!!!!

#285 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It happening Ice. You don’t even have to read between the lines. Just read the lines!!!! Can’t believe you’re in denial like the rest of these guys. SELL SELL SELL!!!!

Why would someone with the game sell with a vault imminent? The time to sell was months ago.

#286 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I don't know, it doesn't matter what I think stern can do or not.

stern told distributors: "we’ve worked on obtaining the license again for quite some time. However, we currently do not have the license "

Which means they ran into issues.

I speculated why they were not granted the license when they tried "for some time" to get it again.

#287 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Or the licensors are demanding changes. Possibly it turned into a R&M spooky situation with Cartoon Network and their new (well, new back then) overlords that stopped all additional content making it into the game.

#288 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Or the licensors are demanding changes. Possibly it turned into a R&M spooky situation with Cartoon Network and their new (well, new back then) overlords that stopped all additional content making it into the game.

It’s money. I bet it costs more now and stern doesn’t want to pay.

#289 1 year ago

Seeing Pros are up around the $8k plus mark probably would be a good idea.. I'll buy one..

#290 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Seeing Pros are up around the $8k plus mark probably would be a good idea.. I'll buy one..

They could just call them premium limited and sle to justify the hike

#292 1 year ago

It’s crazy to me that these things are being sold for $14k+ for a premium on the marketplace. I would love to own one but it’s not good enough of a game to command those prices in my opinion. It shows there is pent up demand for it though so I hope stern figures it out. The arcade I go to had nearly 100 machines and this one is still one of the most played and hardest to get some time on. Theme sells I guess.

#293 1 year ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

It’s crazy to me that these things are being sold for $14k+ for a premium on the marketplace. I would love to own one but it’s not good enough of a game to command those prices in my opinion. It shows there is pent up demand for it though so I hope stern figures it out. The arcade I go to had nearly 100 machines and this one is still one of the most played and hardest to get some time on. Theme sells I guess.

I’ll bet the premium will be 12k with UV lighting ,and obviously IC .It will run next summer in between cornerstones and have a new vault cabinet art package .Possibly cone with unsold dice shooter rods .Just my opinion , my Dream

#294 1 year ago

I have no intention of selling mine regardless of price so I have no interest in whether Stern does a vault or not unless it’s a completely new game based on later seasons
If more people get to enjoy the game then great - I’m here to defend it against those that say it’s an average game.
I had AFM and ST and AFM went. The reason I have ST still is because to me it’s AFM on steroids - it’s an experience
The 3 features that make this a stand out for me and unique are
#1 the UV kit
#2 the projector
#3 shooting into the demogorgon’s mouth
No game I own has these things and that makes this a standout for me
Plus the theme is super popular as others have mentioned

#295 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I have no intention of selling mine regardless of price so I have no interest in whether Stern does a vault or not unless it’s a completely new game based on later seasons
If more people get to enjoy the game then great - I’m here to defend it against those that say it’s an average game.
I had AFM and ST and AFM went. The reason I have ST still is because to me it’s AFM on steroids - it’s an experience
The 3 features that make this a stand out for me and unique are
#1 the UV kit
#2 the projector
#3 shooting into the demogorgon’s mouth
No game I own has these things and that makes this a standout for me
Plus the theme is super popular as others have mentioned

agree with all and I propose a #4: wife’s forever “don’t you ever f-ing sell it or no more pinball for you” keeper

1 month later
#296 11 months ago
pinside.813444f560f2adee13a2ce8bfe2c48fd3ef7ad00 (resized).jpegpinside.813444f560f2adee13a2ce8bfe2c48fd3ef7ad00 (resized).jpeg
#297 11 months ago

Come on Stern give the people what they want.

#298 11 months ago

I feel re-acquiring the license would be rather costly right now and therefore inhibit the chances of the machine being rerun

#299 11 months ago

Next year seems very specific though. Could have just been "we'll let you know in the future."

4 weeks later
#300 10 months ago

Hopper in a Hawaiian shirt, Eddie playing the guitar, vector, have one of the figures rise in the air each hit you get. 80's edition premium. I don't know , just love the game

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Guilford, CT
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,356 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-vault-is-it-coming/page/6?hl=xdetroit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.