IMG_0036 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8378 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5768 (resized).jpeg
64191436-E924-430E-866F-05B04DB01394 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8355 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8351 (resized).jpeg
STR THG PST 1 (resized).jpg
schedule (resized).png

There are 1,356 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 28.
#201 1 year ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Biggest reason why I sold my Premium was the damn TK lock. When it worked…it was pure pinball joy. But shooting that ramp was a drag not knowing if it would work accordingly. I tweaked, tweaked, and tweaked some more. Did all of the recommended fixes. Never worked even 80% of the time. Even Gomez acknowledged that it could be done better. They make a new run with a fixed TK lock? Sign me the f up.

Yeah, that is super frustrating. And why I hesitated buying new, even though it was a desirable theme for my family. My AVLE required constant tweaking to maintain acceptable (not even flawless) gameplay. And that’s in addition to tolerating factory design decisions that some owners were literally hacking to make the game more enjoyable. I still loved the game and played the hell out of it, but it was a battle that I never should have had to fight. Shame on Stern for that.

#202 1 year ago

I have mine working 90% on good shots. (that ramp is long, straight, and unforgiving on it's own) even then occasionally is it late. I would have preferred a step motor solution closer to Star Wars' Death Star Ramp.

But god it's so good and I love this machine, clunk and all. (Cleland + Med Mods = <3)

3 weeks later
#203 1 year ago

Sort of cryptic Stern post on FB……could be referring to the show, a rerun of ST or both…..
966C7805-F566-4D1B-8ED7-9B9805B443CC (resized).png966C7805-F566-4D1B-8ED7-9B9805B443CC (resized).png

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02rc2QbktwnsLHx6WFLqffaCXk4B5ffpdsxwF4rRiNgBQdk8YvA9mAPdQxqh8fRhMAl&id=100063554927697&mibextid=qC1gEa

#204 1 year ago

Yeah I hear it will have a fully fixed demo ramp, TK lock, and orbit feeds, come with UV kits, new art and have all 5 seasons in it.

#205 1 year ago

No way in hell haha

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I hear it will have a fully fixed demo ramp, TK lock, and orbit feeds, come with UV kits, new art and have all 5 seasons in it.

#206 1 year ago

I hope they do come out with one! Someone posted earlier the only people complaining about it are the people who currently have a Stranger Things in their collection!

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:No way in hell haha

#207 1 year ago

I have a pro and would buy another if they vault it.

#208 1 year ago

This is what I’m thinking. If this is true I wouldn’t mind having either two pros and a pro / prem in rotation on route

Quoted from rwmech5:

I have a pro and would buy another if they vault it.

#209 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I hope they do come out with one! Someone posted earlier the only people complaining about it are the people who currently have a Stranger Things in their collection!

I haven’t seen a single person complain. Only those that understand the slim to no chance of it happening, and those that don’t.

#210 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Absolutely. Definitely happening.

#211 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Absolutely. Definitely happening.

Bet it won't. Lol.

#212 1 year ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

Bet it won't. Lol.

LOL to all you precious owners.

#213 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

LOL to all you precious owners.

Nice try.

#214 1 year ago

I reached out to a few people in the know and heard back from two so far. One large distrib and another I won’t reveal. This ain’t happening, that’s a fact. Close the book.

#215 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I reached out to a few people in the know and heard back from two so far. One large distrib and another I won’t reveal. This ain’t happening, that’s a fact. Close the book.

Same exact story I heard. I don't care either way. I own one and one is all I need. The topic has been beatin to death. If a new game is released it will still cost as much as a used one at current prices.

#216 1 year ago

Seems unlikely but if it does happen i am in on a Pro

#217 1 year ago

To Levi's point it makes zero logical sense for Sterns development team to re-work the code/software. It simply wouldn't be profitable. I believe they will eventually re-release it; but it will be exactly what they have already released with the exception of a small code update & possibly a sprinkle of new content/clips.

#218 1 year ago

I actually don’t know or don’t care, just you guys get so touchy.

#219 1 year ago

I'd love to get a new version with tweaks/upgrades. Keeping fingers crossed...

#220 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I actually don’t know or don’t care, just you guys get so touchy.

Except we aren’t. Haha. We’re just explaining why we think it’s not gonna happen.

#221 1 year ago

Unbelievable how people just don’t want to understand there is nothing wrong with the TK lock, its the stock flipper coils!! More power is the answer!!!!

#222 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Unbelievable how people just don’t want to understand there is nothing wrong with the TK lock, its the stock flipper coils!! More power is the answer!!!!

I had LOTR coils and fans. I still needed all the tweaks.

#223 1 year ago

My TK lock works great, I added the flipper fans and works every time. I made no adjustments

#224 1 year ago

Yeah it’s all over the place. You either have to do nothing, some stuff, or all the stuff. Haha

Fun fact: the cooling fans exist because of STH. It was the use case to start their production.

#225 1 year ago

Well, now that you have said that… you won’t be able to play mine!

Quoted from chuckwurt:Only those that understand the slim to no chance of it happening, and those that don’t.

#226 1 year ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

My TK lock works great, I added the flipper fans and works every time. I made no adjustments

Nice. My LE is still working flawless right out of the box.

#227 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

I'd love to get a new version with tweaks/upgrades. Keeping fingers crossed...

If it did happen then we can all say....

..."Stranger Things have happened"

Taxi for SOD.

3 weeks later
#228 1 year ago

Not sure how this hasn’t been posted yet, but George Gomez confirmed that Stern will re-run STH during an interview on recent pinball podcast.

Details from Knapp arcade can be found here:

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/stern-pinball-confirms-that-another-run-of-stranger-things-pinball-will-happen

#229 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Except we aren’t. Haha. We’re just explaining why we think it’s not gonna happen.

Quoted from Soundkillr:

Bet it won't. Lol.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This ain’t happening, that’s a fact. Close the book.

So, all the precious owners in denial. Probably lost your chance to sell at stupid scalper price. Best just enjoy your games.

After the onslaught of new games hitting the market though, even Stern might have missed the boat here.

GG said:

"The good news is, you're probably going to see them again from us. I don't know when, but I think that we might make some more."

#230 1 year ago

It makes sense for Stern to make these again but getting a "probably" or "might" answer from Gomez is not a sure thing.

#231 1 year ago

If George is right about another run, I still don’t think you will see the premium because they won’t want to rework the TK lock. The projector screen is a problem too. I keep trying to make screens and the resolution is way better but they bubble up and look terrible when the machine is off. My TK lock is at about 80% now, and I just ordered the measurement tool to see if I can get it a little closer. One thing is for sure, you have to love this pin to own one if you have a touchy one and it sounds like most of them are touchy.

#232 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

It makes sense for Stern to make these again but getting a "probably" or "might" answer from Gomez is not a sure thing.

Of course, but it’s the closest thing you’ll ever get to a yes from Stern without them actually announcing it.

Might be right about the Pro/premium thing though. The article mentions it’s one of the best earners on location so Pro only would make sense.

#233 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So, all the precious owners in denial. Probably lost your chance to sell at stupid scalper price. Best just enjoy your games.
After the onslaught of new games hitting the market though, even Stern might have missed the boat here.
GG said:
"The good news is, you're probably going to see them again from us. I don't know when, but I think that we might make some more."

Wow! This was unexpected. Basically a yes from stern. Glad I cashed in on my LE when the getting was good! Might grab a premium if they remake them and they fix the issues with it.

#234 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

GG said:

When I first created this thread, I was hyped to own Stranger Things....now that I've seen Foo Fighters, Stranger Things is waaaaaay down my list of interested titles.

#235 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wow! This was unexpected. Basically a yes from stern. Glad I cashed in on my LE when the getting was good! Might grab a premium if they remake them and they fix the issues with it.

Before you take anything Gomez says at face value, be sure and tune in/follow along with all his statements on Bond.

#236 1 year ago

I hope they make more, I'd be in for a Pro.
Already let my distro know to put me on the list in case this happens!

#237 1 year ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

When I first created this thread, I was hyped to own Stranger Things....now that I've seen Foo Fighters, Stranger Things is waaaaaay down my list of interested titles.

Have you played FOO yet?

Pumped for rerun of STH pro’s as an operator.

#238 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

LOL

Quoted from staceyflip:

If George is right about another run, I still don’t think you will see the premium because they won’t want to rework the TK lock. The projector screen is a problem too. I keep trying to make screens and the resolution is way better but they bubble up and look terrible when the machine is off. My TK lock is at about 80% now, and I just ordered the measurement tool to see if I can get it a little closer. One thing is for sure, you have to love this pin to own one if you have a touchy one and it sounds like most of them are touchy.

Agree here. They made money selling the pro when it came out for 5200 bucks. They’re going to make more money selling the pro with demand, for 7000 bucks. The premium has too much stuff on it that breaks or is hard to source, or raises the BOM to a point where they don’t want it. Stern knows they can make money running the pro again

#239 1 year ago

I’m on a list for a premium and wasn’t the only one on it ,but nothing at all was said about it .Next year would make perfect sense ,not only with the last season but the perfect pin for the next price hike

#240 1 year ago

Let me know who to contact to put my name on the list for a Premium. If its for the Pro then I'm out!!

#241 1 year ago

Reading this thread makes me more comfortable getting a pro. Been debating sourcing a premium but it would be by far the most I would ever spent on a pin

#242 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m on a list for a premium and wasn’t the only one on it ,but nothing at all was said about it .Next year would make perfect sense ,not only with the last season but the perfect pin for the next price hike

Don’t know that I’ve seen you post before, but with that masterpiece 2 dollars avatar I’m upvoting every single post I ever see of yours going forward.

#243 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Don’t know that I’ve seen you post before, but with that masterpiece 2 dollars avatar I’m upvoting every single post I ever see of yours going forward.

Lmao , I thought of that kid when I just recently had a game in the market. I clicked the 3% drop and ended up at 13002 so was going to use the old “I want my 2 dollars “ bit with it .I loved when he jumped on the car with the windshield wipers trying to knock him off

#244 1 year ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Let me know who to contact to put my name on the list for a Premium. If its for the Pro then I'm out!!

In all honesty ,I’m on lists for Van Halen ,Motley Crue , Ozzy and Judas Priest .It’s just a piece of scribble paper I’m sure but I think most distros have them .I remember one that advertises to let them know titles your interested in but it escapes me who that was .As far as my thoughts on the topic ,the only thing I’m going on is the Gomez interview and to me it just makes complete sense to use it for the next price hike .Same for PotC .They’re both a perfect card to pull at the right time .Kinda like a “get out of jail free” card .

#245 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Have you played FOO yet?
Pumped for rerun of STH pro’s as an operator.

I'm in Australia, so it will be a bit of a wait for the container to arrive here.

#246 1 year ago

Oh boy ,the Last episode of Freeplay on TPN at about 135.30 says it all . George literally says it ,so take a listen .Time to start putting more $$ aside

#247 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Oh boy ,the Last episode of Freeplay on TPN at about 135.30 says it all . George literally says it ,so take a listen .Time to start putting more $$ aside

GG said:

#248 1 year ago

1:19 my bad Just happy it’s sounding likely .

Quoted from chuckwurt:

GG said:

#249 1 year ago

I’m going to need a second job again .

#250 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

GG said:

Again, nice try with the narrative. I have always maintained it won't happen, but don't care if it does. A new Stern after taxes and shipping at current price increases will easily cost you what average premiums are going for now. But troll on... I'll enjoy my game that I definitely own now, and won't speculate if it will be there when I get home. Lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 39.00
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 49.99
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 10.00
Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 1,356 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-vault-is-it-coming/page/5?hl=xdetroit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.