IMG_0036 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8378 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5768 (resized).jpeg
64191436-E924-430E-866F-05B04DB01394 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8355 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8351 (resized).jpeg
STR THG PST 1 (resized).jpg
schedule (resized).png
There are 1,356 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 28.
#51 1 year ago

what's so great about the new code? Still seems like just an AFM with a bash toy you're lucky to hit 1 outta 50 times. Outside of the upsidedown effect which is cool as heck, it seems just as bad as it was upon release when I play it out in the wild.

#52 1 year ago

it's enonormously satisfying to work your way towards the mini wizard modes while hitting the demogorgon mouth on a properly dialed in machine. if you're missing cradled, aimed shots to the mouth with regularity you're likely playing an improperly adjusted game

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

I was told that stern is going to run pros again but not premium.

Some promising news here. If this happens and the Pro sells well, they could then run more Premiums?

#55 1 year ago

I’d still buy a pro if they released the uv kits as standard on them.

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

I’d still buy a pro if they released the uv kits as standard on them.

Not gonna happen. Now get back in the basement where you belong.

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Not gonna happen. Now get back in the basement where you belong.

#58 1 year ago

Premiums were very difficult to build. I put PF protectors on all of my Sterns and StrTh was by far the hardest one to install.

Several people have told me that the projectors became hard to source as well.

#59 1 year ago

Will Stern at least include the UV kit this time?

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Will Stern at least include the UV kit this time?

Yes. For $11k.

#61 1 year ago

Sadly, you probably just set the price. Thanks.

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

What are the main differences between the pro and premium ?
Newbie here
Thx

The pro works.

#63 1 year ago

I’m in! I have most of the mods. Just waiting to get the UV kit(and the machine!).

#64 1 year ago

I’d be in if Stern did another run. Stranger Things is at the very top of my wishlist but I will not pay over retail for one.

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from palmab03:

what's so great about the new code? Still seems like just an AFM with a bash toy you're lucky to hit 1 outta 50 times. Outside of the upsidedown effect which is cool as heck, it seems just as bad as it was upon release when I play it out in the wild.

Lol.. I love posts like this. My demogorgan is dialed in great. Yeah u miss, but make it very often, especially from a cradle. The games in the wild are normally pretty rough. The one by us is almost unplayable. Bad flipper fade (mine has fans so no worries there), can't hit the demo because they never adjusted it, and the Tk lock is either off or hasn't been fixed. A well taken care of and dialed machine is outstanding ESPECIALLY with Clelands sound mod.

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I’d be in if Stern did another run. Stranger Things is at the very top of my wishlist but I will not pay over retail for one.

I said this about GZ premium and it happened.. but if they don't run STh again, you may never get one if you aren't willing to pay. So worth it.

#67 1 year ago

If they did a pro with UV lighting pre-installed and charged just a few hundred more than the previous pro (for the UV), it would sell and sell and sell. Hotcakes.

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

If they did a pro with UV lighting pre-installed and charged just a few hundred more than the previous pro (for the UV), it would sell and sell and sell. Hotcakes.

But it would be missing the coolest thing. The projection mapping makes the game.

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I said this about GZ premium and it happened.. but if they don't run STh again, you may never get one if you aren't willing to pay. So worth it.

Plenty of other great games out there. If I miss out on this tittle because I’m unwilling to pay over retail it won’t really bother me all that much (even if it is as the top of my wishlist). Ideally I’d like to find a routed game at a decent price. I can deal with a beat up, dirty game with a few issues, if fact that’s what I prefer.

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Plenty of other great games out there. If I miss out on this tittle because I’m unwilling to pay over retail it won’t really bother me all that much (even if it is as the top of my wishlist). Ideally I’d like to find a routed game at a decent price. I can deal with a beat up, dirty game with a few issues, if fact that’s what I prefer.

All good.. I hope u can find one! Awesome game.

#71 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

would consider it if they added content from new seasons and made some core changes to demagog and upside down modes and how they integrate with code. It’s a good game but not a great game right now… IMO

This would be awesome. It seems like there would need to be a re-working of the playfield in order to integrate the new seasons. But this would be a huge affront to LE owners, so Stern probably wouldn't do that.

#72 1 year ago

Hold off and just make a new season 3-4-5 pin instead!

#73 1 year ago

Agree!

#74 1 year ago

Stern should release an upgrade kit to add the projector to the pro version. I'm totally fine with the missing lock, my pro plays great, all I miss is the projector.

#75 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

.Follow up pin with Vecna , a gateway that the ball disappears into , a levitating 3D molded kid rising from under the PF with limbs snapping and eyes going red to black and they can print $$ for years .YEARS!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

.Follow up pin with Vecna , a gateway that the ball disappears into , a levitating 3D molded kid rising from under the PF with limbs snapping and eyes going red to black and they can print $$ for years .YEARS!

I think an updated Stranger Things (or even just a reprint of the existing game) would be great since I missed out buying one during the original run... maybe they can release a version that plays only Kate Bush the ENTIRE time you play it?

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Stern has 19 more seasons of The Simpsons and haven't released a new version; I don't have much hope for another version of Stranger Things.

#78 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Premiums were very difficult to build. I put PF protectors on all of my Sterns and StrTh was by far the hardest one to install.
Several people have told me that the projectors became hard to source as well.

My biggest fear is the projector dying and not being able to replace it. I doubt I’ll ever sell mine but it’s hard not to think about that projector taking a shit and instantly it’s a Pro/Prem hybrid. Anyone know if the projectors are avail anywhere or even an aftermarket one?

#79 1 year ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Stern has 19 more seasons of The Simpsons and haven't released a new version; I don't have much hope for another version of Stranger Things.

Sadly, most of those seasons are terrible.

#80 1 year ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

My biggest fear is the projector dying and not being able to replace it. I doubt I’ll ever sell mine but it’s hard not to think about that projector taking a shit and instantly it’s a Pro/Prem hybrid. Anyone know if the projectors are avail anywhere or even an aftermarket one?

Get with your distributor and order one from stern. I believe they have them in stock.

#81 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Get with your distributor and order one from stern. I believe they have them in stock.

They may not sell them unless you can show that yours is not working (or send the old one back in).

That's the way it works with LE backglasses at least.

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Awesome! Thanks! I’ll give it a try!

#83 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

They may not sell them unless you can show that yours is not working (or send the old one back in).
That's the way it works with LE backglasses at least.

Yikes! Well that would suck but knowing they have them is somewhat comforting

#84 1 year ago

Yikes! Well that would suck but knowing they have them is somewhat comforting

I searched for the manual and it lists the model number of the projector in the manual. The S6000 Starhisen mini projector. The diagram matches the images of AliExpress.

#85 1 year ago

https://www.vcknsobey.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=143 is the exact model.

but it doesn't have the custom firmware

#86 1 year ago

One thing about Stern is that they never do what I THINK they SHOULD be doing. Tron VE? Nope. Stop trying with the home editions? Nope. Making the greatest game ever with your Beatles license? Hardly. Goes to show what I know! And this is just to name a few things over the years. So, based on the fact that I think re-releasing Stranger Things Premium would be a killer move, forget about it.

#87 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Another game everybody hated when it was new and now Realize it’s actually
Fun and cool.
Kinda seems to happen a lot!

When Stranger Things was released, the software was REALLY incomplete. I mean, there was almost nothing to it. It took the better part of the year it came out to get the game's software to a playable, full pinball experience.

So yeah, it was hated when it was new.

Also, the things that make this game magical are the UV kit (extra cost add-on), and the premium's projector (VASTLY improved by replacing Stern's white screen material with Starbright 9:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-stranger-things-prem-le-darkstar-9-screen-details

As well as tweaking in / fixing the levitating ball on the premium.

This isn't a machine that hit the street ready to play.

It took some time to mature.

#88 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRetail:

When Stranger Things was released, the software was REALLY incomplete. I mean, there was almost nothing to it. It took the better part of the year it came out to get the game's software to a playable, full pinball experience.
So yeah, it was hated when it was new.
Also, the things that make this game magical are the UV kit (extra cost add-on), and the premium's projector (VASTLY improved by replacing Stern's white screen material with Starbright 9:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-stranger-things-prem-le-darkstar-9-screen-details
As well as tweaking in / fixing the levitating ball on the premium.
This isn't a machine that hit the street ready to play.
It took some time to mature.

...and here I thought it was a shit ton of fun when it came out. The code updates--and Cleland's sound mod--just made the thing better and better. Never understood everybody bitching about this game and saying it was a ripoff of AFM. As if that was a bad thing.

#89 1 year ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I searched for the manual and it lists the model number of the projector in the manual. The S6000 Starhisen mini projector. The diagram matches the images of AliExpress.

Oh wow, the S6000 Starhisen mini projector, I’m going to see if it’s possible to get one without Stern?

#90 1 year ago

Oh wow, the S6000 Starhisen mini projector, I’m going to see if it’s possible to get one without Stern?

Someone smarter than me needs to discuss the firmware on the projector. Is it a plug and play replacement or is the mapping firmware that must be loaded into the projector?

#91 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

One thing about Stern is that they never do what I THINK they SHOULD be doing. Tron VE? Nope. .

I put off making new Tron ramps for a couple years because I was sure Stern was going to vault Tron. So I finally made the ramps, which means Stern is definitely going to vault Tron in 6 months or less. Don't forget who their new CEO is...a Disney guy.

#92 1 year ago

I owned a premium TK lock was a complete mechanical design failure whoever designed that I hope you're reading this- Stern should fire your ass, what a terrible design diverter wise. The projector is awesome but only on the drop targets. It looks like s*** everywhere else. Pro is the way to go on this game and if they vaulted it and had the UV kit with it which should have been included, would sell like crazy.

#93 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I put off making new Tron ramps for a couple years because I was sure Stern was going to vault Tron. So I finally made the ramps, which means Stern is definitely going to vault Tron in 6 months or less. Don't forget who their new CEO is...a Disney guy.

Haha that's funny. I had hope, but as time goes on, my Tron dream fades.

Would be nice if Stern did something special for the faithful. Come on Stern, give us a Tron Vault so we don't have to make another thread about it.

Also: please make Back to the Future ramps as I need them.

#94 1 year ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Also: please make Back to the Future ramps as I need them.

BTTF is on the agenda, but far enough away that I don't have a date set yet. Also need to source a decent ramp to copy.

#95 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

BTTF is on the agenda, but far enough away that I don't have a date set yet. Also need to source a decent ramp to copy.

That's awesome news! I'm definitely keen.

#96 1 year ago

Surely it’s the new season that’s generating new interest in the game. It’s not like everyone woke up and suddenly realized it’s a good game. Nor has there hasn’t been a major code drop for ages.

I had zero interest in the game until I started watching the new season and it turned out to be good. That plus the fact that TS4 was disappointing. And new Stern releases have been few and far between. And it’s been discontinued.

It’s a perfect storm. As it stands now Stern would easily sell another run. When the above situation changes, ST might not be so hot anymore.

#97 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s not like everyone woke up and suddenly realized it’s a good game.

It’s possible people have been out after being COVID locked up and able to enjoy some location pinball.

#98 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s not like everyone woke up and suddenly realized it’s a good game.

it kind of is just like that though, actually

#99 1 year ago
Quoted from Bud:

It’s possible people have been out after being COVID locked up and able to enjoy some location pinball.

I think that might be a big part of it - The game was just hitting locations (with early code) when COVID hit. I think Stern had mostly moved on to new games because of supply chain issues before people had a chance to play it in all of its glory.

#100 1 year ago

It makes me wonder if you install the projector and install a premium version SD card and turn off the features that the pro doesn’t have except the projector and see if it works. Sure something could be figured out for the mounting

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,356 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-vault-is-it-coming/page/2?hl=bud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.