56%
  • No! Would not buy upgrade kit 3 votes
    33%
  • Not interested in stranger things 1 vote
    11%

(9 votes)

#1 2 years ago

Hello all!

I have been looking for a Stranger Things Premium Or LE machine. Not because the pro is bad, but because of the play features on the premium and LE.

It is clear to me there are others out there in the same boat.

If stern were to make an upgrade kit that leaves the esthetic of a pro, but adds telekenesis multiball, the moving demagorgan and the projector with projection targets, would folks buy it? I would.

#stern-stranger-things

#2 2 years ago

they'll never do that, as long as they can build and sell you a complete new premium unit.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

they'll never do that, as long as they can build and sell you a complete new premium unit.

But that's just it, Premiums are no longer available from Stern.

I would love a Stranger Things Premium, but I'm not going to pay the jacked-up prices people are asking for them.

If I could buy a new Stranger Things Pro and an "upgrade kit" to add the missing features of the Premium / LE, I'd buy them both in a heart beat.

5 months later
#4 2 years ago

Upgrade kits would be a huge seller. I'd pay up for the kit, many would. Name your price stern.

#5 2 years ago

I'd be down for a projector kit!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6 2 years ago

Why wouldn’t you be able to buy the projector as a part, install the premium code and disable the telekinesis lock? Are there any additional boards for the projector?

#7 2 years ago

TK multiball is in the Pro already, and this idea would just kill Premium sales, everyone would just buy the pro and upgrade.
The idea or the tiers is that if you buy the cheaper model, you don’t get all the features, sell the features separate and you also piss off the high tier buyers.
You missed the boat on the premium, so you need to pay what the secondary market is priced at, pretty simple.

Quoted from Danrosenstein:

If stern were to make an upgrade kit that leaves the esthetic of a pro, but adds telekenesis multiball, the moving demagorgan and the projector with projection targets, would folks buy it? I would.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

TK multiball is in the Pro already, and this idea would just kill Premium sales, everyone would just buy the pro and upgrade.
The idea or the tiers is that if you buy the cheaper model, you don’t get all the features, sell the features separate and you also piss off the high tier buyers.
You missed the boat on the premium, so you need to pay what the secondary market is priced at, pretty simple.

But Stern isn’t making Premiums anymore. From their perspective, there can’t be any cannibalism of sales.

#9 2 years ago

Disagree with DNO completely.
I am a high tier buyer and think it's perfectly fine if others upgrade their machines with the cool mechs. They're still pros at the end of the day.
Folks will still buy the premiums and LEs at high prices because people in this hobby have money and like to show off their high-end machines, not a thing wrong with that.
I think everyone should have the opportunity to add these mechs, really cool.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

But Stern isn’t making Premiums anymore. From their perspective, there can’t be any cannibalism of sales.

but it devalues the thing people already bought, thinking they wouldn't be able to have those features without buying the higher end game.
Also, they could make more in the future.

Quoted from Chief_G:

Disagree with DNO completely.
I am a high tier buyer and think it's perfectly fine if others upgrade their machines with the cool mechs.

Ha, that's all fine. People have been trying to upgrade low tier games into "LE's" for some time now, often with great results, often not-so great.
But if Stern starts selling everything but the little plaque and Certificate (that aren't even on Prem.), are they really still pro's?
Some people bought a JP topper just to have the exclusive GOAT mode, and now they add it if you have Insider Connect+. That could hurt sales of a future topper with a mode included.
I have all tiers of machines, and I actually don't care if someone wants to try to dress up their game and make it blow bubbles or whatever, but i can totally see why STERN doesn't want to sell tier upgrades seperately.

Quoted from Chief_G:

Upgrade kits would be a huge seller. I'd pay up for the kit, many would. Name your price stern.

...if you buy Prem./LE, why would you need a kit?

#11 2 years ago

Once the game is "retired" or "discontinued" as far as Stern's OEM sales are concerned, why couldn't they go back and offer what is essentially an upgrade kit at somewhere near or even above the MSRP difference of Pro to Premium?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-pro-upgrade-kit?hl=jonnyqtrek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.