• Avengers IQ Pro NIB 38 votes
    50%

(76 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B2BCBB88-6EE5-4FD6-869E-22B3CEEA7C29 (resized).jpeg
F36DA939-6974-4594-96B1-D0B277A00A3D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 2 years ago

If it matters, Stranger Things has great flow and is mostly easy to shoot. It’s more beginner-friendly, IMO. Not sure how anyone could call it “blah”. It has the best light show by far, once you install the UV kit. I went to a location to try one, and it was constantly in play. Very fun game.

#25 2 years ago

If you have the opportunity, definitely play both games on location. Before I decided that STH would be my next new Stern, I played a lot of AIQ, EHOH, IMDN and AFM. In the end, STH was the one game I kept wanting to go back to. I made a trip back the next Saturday and did it all over again.

It’s a very personal decision, with theme, layout, rules and art all playing a part. So don’t cheat yourself by relying on Pinside opinions or even gameplay videos. It’s worth driving a few hours to play everything, if you can.

#32 2 years ago

Don’t listen to the Pro skeptics on Stranger Things. It’s plenty of fun without the projector, the TK lock and a few other bells and whistles. And it’s of the few pros with the exact same layout as the LE (minus the TK lock).

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

We really wanted to love Stranger things since we love the show but it was just a massive let down.

What was a let down? Layout, rules, art or sound?

#40 2 years ago

I sincerely appreciate your opinion. I had the opposite experience with AFM and EHOH, but that’s pinball - it’s very subjective what’s fun and what isn’t. An arcade or barcade probably isn’t the best place to experience any game’s audio. I honestly went in kind of blind (or deaf) on Stranger Things because the volume was way too low, and there were snot-nosed kids playing the free shooter game next to me (and leaning on the pin!). I took a chance, and was really happy with the stock music, but Cleland really did take it to another level. I’m working on the callouts in the game, so you’d likely have multiple custom audio tracks to choose from. I don’t know the fan base for the other games, but I can tell you that the STH club is pretty much starry-eyed in love with the game.

#45 2 years ago

I absolutely loved my JP for 2 years, and I think it’s a great one for everyone to have at some point. I just wasn’t worthy - I never got to a single wizard or mini-wizard mode. But it’s a genius game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rockville, MD
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 34.00
$ 16.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-pro-nib-or-avengers-iq-pro-nib?tu=swampfire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.