Topic poll

“Stranger Things Premium vs. Deadpool Premium”

• Deadpool Premium 22 votes
    48%
  • Stranger Things Premium 24 votes
    52%

(46 votes)

#1 3 years ago

I’m getting ready to buy my third game and can’t decide. I own GOTG Pro and JP2 Premium. I think three tables is my max given the space I have. I’d like something with good flow and decent ball times. Once dialed in, STh seems very cool with the UV kit and the code seems a lot better than when it was released. The projector is unique. I also like modding and there are a number of things you can do with STh. Deadpool is fun, funny and unique. The shots are very satisfying. I probably can’t go wrong with either, but wanted to see if any owners had the same dilemma of a decision. Thanks for any help.

#2 3 years ago

I went to my distributor back in January to try out some Stern games since my arcade doesn’t carry any. I spent time on DP, JP, TMNT, BKSOR, Beatles. Almost passed over Stranger Things as it had gotten a beating here on Pinside. But I decided to give it a try and I fell in love. I kept going back to that and JP and at the end of my time there I ordered an LE. It’s taken the usual TK lock and Demogorgon dialing in, as you will read about on the STh forum, but I truly love this game. Challenging, eerie, great code and super fun! I liked Deadpool too, great art and funny, but STh was just super unique. Good luck with whatever you decide.

#3 3 years ago

“I’d like something with good flow and decent ball times. “

Deadpool

one game is a highly polished work of art masterpiece and the other is a super cool modern version of a classic that requires third party code to be tolerable.

I just made this choice and went with DP tho Sth is on my short list. There is something strangely appealing about sth I’ll admit that.

#4 3 years ago

Stranger Things.

#5 3 years ago

Stranger things is a beast, that game will own you...So Addictive...Go with Sth if you want a rush.

#6 3 years ago

Hey nice question.

I was thinking to add something and went to the arcade to play (including LZ LE, GnR LE, EHOH, and all the other Stern LCD games). If I had to pick the two most favorite would be DP and ST

I have always liked DP premium but Stranger Things was just a bit better for me. I especially liked the projector and the atmosphere especially the UV kit.

Not sure if I will get ST am going to follow this thread to see other opinions.

#7 3 years ago

I had DP and though it is excellent I would not sell my STH to get DP back. STH is better than I thought.

#8 3 years ago

I would go with Deadpool

#9 3 years ago

I just played a Stranger Things LE tonight!
I am not sure why this game has not gotten much love. It is absolutely stunning and fun fun fun just fun. Deadpool is also very fun, but I will be hard pressed to take DP over ST. ST is just a very nice fun, simple games, not sure how deep the rules are but it is certainly a fun shooter!

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Stranger things is a beast, that game will own you...So Addictive...Go with Sth if you want a rush.

great minds think alike!!!

#11 3 years ago

Thanks for all of the help. Based on the poll, it's a pretty close decision and both games are great. I decided to go with Stranger Things. My distributor had an unclaimed one on the floor when I went in yesterday. I was expecting to wait a few months for anything. Tuesday delivery is perfect. Now I have to track down a UV kit. Thanks again for the input.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-premium-vs-deadpool-premium?hl=c-note and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.