2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FED3AC48-E1A8-4847-AC2C-95AD722D26D1 (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

Just picked up a ST pro last night. The ball lock post under the left ramp, in attract mode, will fire up and down for about 5 seconds then stop for a several minutes then do it again. ALSO, during a game, you hit that shot to the left of the demigorgan it will trap the ball, same post lock, but then not release it until the game does a ball search then will release it every time. I did a quick look under the playfield, all connections look good and felt tight. All optos show the red light in that area. I pass an object in front of post opto amd red light goes out. Possible node board issue or transmission board?
Anyone have a similar issue or can direct me to what to look for/check? Still new to fixing these things. I will attempt to clean the opto and adjust it when I get home today.
Not sure if this helps, ive read somewhere I forget where that the pin stadium lights could cause issues. This has the stranger things pin stadium lights as well as the UV kit from stern.

Post in question is in the pic
Thank you in advance!

FED3AC48-E1A8-4847-AC2C-95AD722D26D1 (resized).jpegFED3AC48-E1A8-4847-AC2C-95AD722D26D1 (resized).jpeg
#2 2 years ago

First, go into the sevice menu and see if there are any tech allerts. The machine keeps track of switch use and will report if there is a problem.

Next run a switch test. Check the active switches section and see if any of the opto switches are stuck closed. After that, run a manual switch test and run a ball trough the optos to see if computer detects it. Just physically looking at the optos only tells us that they are getting power. We need know if the computer is actually receiving the signal.

It's possible that the PinStadium lights or the UV lights are interfering with the opto signals. You will get a better idea once you ran the switch test.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

First, go into the sevice menu and see if there are any tech allerts. The machine keeps track of switch use and will report if there is a problem.
Next run a switch test. Check the active switches section and see if any of the opto switches are stuck closed. After that, run a manual switch test and run a ball trough the optos to see if computer detects it. Just physically looking at the optos only tells us that they are getting power. We need know if the computer is actually receiving the signal.
It's possible that the PinStadium lights or the UV lights are interfering with the opto signals. You will get a better idea once you ran the switch test.

i cleaned the optos the best i could. looked for service alerts, there wasnt any, so then i went in and did a switch test. all switches and optos registered even the post released when a ball went back there, thinking ok cool. then in the middle of the test i threw the ball up the right ramp, the post started to fire randomly, again. then it stopped, and when i threw a ball back there after the post wouldnt release, but the optos registered still. i shut it off to reset it, then did the same process again trying to duplicate the ramp triggering the error. it didnt, a coincidence most likely. i also checked the connections from that side also ok.
i turned it off, then back on, started a game, took the ball and put it back there again, and it did the post rapid fire soon as the ball went back there, then posted a left down post malfunction. then continues the same way only working during ball search.
now its super hard to see back there with the ramp (ill probably have to remove it) but is there a switch the ball sits on after passing the optos against the post?

1 year later
#4 1 year ago

Did you ever find the solution for this. My machine is doing the same thing ! Hangry

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-post-lock-random-firingwont-release- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.