D2FC77C0-841D-46A7-9153-3488944D008D (resized).jpeg
3684BB9C-32BC-41CA-BB71-2B7C5190A522 (resized).jpeg
AC7F2E0D-E563-404B-8872-41DD27891BC8 (resized).jpeg
54980A65-4127-44F4-BB66-2DC8185E3344 (resized).jpeg
35EA09E3-3532-4252-B192-E26730F4B812 (resized).jpeg
75810 (resized).jpg
26805521_1049361795206841_9150386924745985855_n (resized).jpg
EE087DE2-EB3D-4DC4-83CA-4584B176B9F7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 5 years ago

Damn, the K man just scooped that Spooky is making this game. Finally a theme that I can get excited about, I'm actually very psyched about ANC also but this is just awesome!!! I can't believe it I'm becoming a Spooky fan

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Be out in about three years then? Hope its not a Brickfest.

Well, Listen you own a GB and TWD, (like me).....both of those games have a lot of design issues, so give it a chance. I was critical of Spooky up until ANC myself. If done right Stranger Things could be a cult hit. With a lower pf for the Upside down, magnet to mimic Ele's power. I think it just need a mode based game where you progress and then fight the monster as a mini wiz mode and destroy the wormhole as the final. A few sculpted toys would be nice, Hawkings lab or Demogorgon but they don't necessarily need to be interactive with the ball. Oh yeah we need a string of X-mas lights somewhere too.

#63 5 years ago

I don't think we'll get a confirmation for quite a while with ANC just coming online. For now I would treat it as only a rumor.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think I know where you where going dude and if so I agree, I love the show but is it one of those themes that doesn’t transfer to pinball well?
As much as I love the show and I am looking forward to season 3, I just can’t see this being an amazing theme for a pin.
And I really want Spooky to get a licence that blows their sales numbers through the roof!

Any theme can be a pinball...with talent behind it. Also you can blow a perfect pinball theme by not adapting it well. I'm betting you don't need me to list examples.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nothing is going to blow their sales up because they cant produce enough games to blow their sales up. I think Stranger Things would be a great pinball theme but id rather see Stern make it personally.

Oh god, I hope not, Stern would just recycle an old layout, then put a Demogorgon on a spring, have the redneck guy do the call out for the kids and call it a day.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

This show is so hot right now.. granted it's netflix and not something like AMC or HBO but still, that license can't be cheap? If spooky is doing this, and it's done well I am so in. Question is, when would they even reveal it? Aren't they booked for the next 18 months with alice cooper? I'm guessing they "could" reveal sneak peeks in say 6 months, reveal it in a year, and start building it in 6 months after that?

I hear ya, I'm not sure either, we can assume it will be revealed during or end of season 3. He recently did say on the forum that he's ramping up production, but I don't know what that means in terms of number of games or timeline. I agree, if it's done right it will be worth waiting for. Besides, what's on the menu for the next 9 months? Pirates, Munsters, Oktoberfest....and maybe another metal band.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

There was a really good VPX original table for Stranger Things that was pulled off all sites for download. Rumor has it that the table author was shopping it around for real world production. That rumor + the K-man rumor = hmmm. The VPX table is awesome with a lower and inverted (a la Black Hole) playfield. Find Barb, Save Will, Bad Men, Adventure, and I think one more multiballs + AV club modes. It integrated the new PUP Video interface to put JJP style videos on a virtual cab backglass. Pretty great stuff.
Also, for the few VPX folks on here, if you haven't checked out PUP, look up TerryRed's vids on youtube to see what you are missing. If you ever wondered what Tron Legacy Vault by JJP would look like, he did it.

His video integration for Alien and Tron is amazing....somebody should hire this guy ASAP.

#93 5 years ago

I was just watching another video of that VPX table, what he did with the color dots on the back wall is just amazing, I guarantee it will be copied by a manufacturer.

#95 5 years ago

Nice, no I haven't checked out the maxpack...but I agree the integration of the DMD and LCD is the future, it's both cool and a nod to the golden age of pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-pinball?tu=kvan99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.