D2FC77C0-841D-46A7-9153-3488944D008D (resized).jpeg
3684BB9C-32BC-41CA-BB71-2B7C5190A522 (resized).jpeg
AC7F2E0D-E563-404B-8872-41DD27891BC8 (resized).jpeg
54980A65-4127-44F4-BB66-2DC8185E3344 (resized).jpeg
35EA09E3-3532-4252-B192-E26730F4B812 (resized).jpeg
75810 (resized).jpg
26805521_1049361795206841_9150386924745985855_n (resized).jpg
EE087DE2-EB3D-4DC4-83CA-4584B176B9F7 (resized).jpeg
There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

What are the possibilities? I would be in for one....

#2 6 years ago

Zero.

#3 6 years ago

Probably the best lower PF (upside down) similar to black hole or krull even. Unsure of the fan base going forward in the story. Theme could be cool but call outs would not be as good IMHO.

#4 6 years ago

Soundtrack is a real beauty too!

#5 6 years ago

There is a stranger things virtual pinball table and it does have a lower playfield. Search on YouTube for a video.

#6 6 years ago

I think the series has to play out for a couple more years first.

#7 6 years ago

This is such an amazing theme that I would love to see a pin for it. The problem is that I don’t think it’s been around long enough. The first two seasons had different tones. Seems like there are still a few seasons left to happen as well. Might need to let it stew for a while. Eleven is one of my favorite characters ever though, so a game for the show would be awesome.

#8 6 years ago

Not a chance

#9 6 years ago

love the show, but without seeing rules, layout and playing 50 games on it, there is a 50% chance it's going to suck balls anyway.

#10 6 years ago

All great shows wouldn’t make good pinball machines but Stranger Things absolutely is a theme that could no doubt be great. Lots and lots of great ideas can be came up with for this theme and I think it needs to happen!

#11 6 years ago

An 11 ball multi ball, nosebleed multiplier and pulsing light show would not be cool?

#12 6 years ago

I think it could be a great theme for pinball. It is very popular. However, it will have several more seasons - so I think they should wait a few years for a few more seasons. I think TWD was a bit too soon - but still a good pin. Have to make it some time - and at this rate the show will drag on until Carl has kids. But in the comic he is only about a year older from when the story started....

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I think it could be a great theme for pinball. It is very popular. However, it will have several more seasons - so I think they should wait a few years for a few more seasons. I think TWD was a bit too soon - but still a good pin. Have to make it some time - and at this rate the show will drag on until Carl has kids. But in the comic he is only about a year older from when the story started....

Four seasons total planned

#15 6 years ago

I just watched this show for the first time yesterday. Got through first 4 episodes. That girl 11 is really a boy right? Looks just like a boy.

#16 6 years ago

I tried to get into it but the show its soooooo slow and boring. The kids are really vulgar too which is disappointing.

#17 6 years ago

Terrible show and terrible theme for a pin.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

I tried to get into it but the show its soooooo slow and boring. The kids are really vulgar too which is disappointing.

I must be immune to it, because I don’t remember hearing anything vulgar in the show. The show reminds me of a cross between Stephen Kings “It” and Poltergeist.

#19 6 years ago

Really? You missed the scenes where kids are doinking each other and the 50,000 swear words constantly flowing from their mouths?

Quoted from vicjw66:

I must be immune to it, because I don’t remember hearing anything vulgar in the show. The show reminds me of a cross between Stephen Kings “It” and Poltergeist.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Really? You missed the scenes where kids are doinking each other and the 50,000 swear words constantly flowing from their mouths?

It never bothered me, mostly because that's exactly how my friends and I(and virtually every other kid I knew) were when there were no adults around. Then again, I have never been particularly bothered by cussing.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

You are the first one I know that has watched to show and didn't like it. I guess you really can't please everyone

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Dude I think you were watching a version of it none of us have seen...seriously WTF are you talking aboot?

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Terrible show and terrible theme for a pin.

Agreed. STERN would be nuts to take in this stupidity of a show

#24 6 years ago

Am i taking crazy pills? Are you guys deaf?

And... TEEN doink scene.

-----

http://www.refinery29.com/2017/10/179044/dustin-swearing-cursing-stranger-things-season-2

https://www.popsugar.com/moms/Stranger-Things-Season-2-Parents-Guide-44198518

-----

Quoted from TheLaw:

Dude I think you were watching a version of it none of us have seen...seriously WTF are you talking aboot?

#25 6 years ago

They didn’t really show much of what I would call a sex scene. The other language is not quite what I would classify as vulgar, more uncouth. It isn’t network tv. And being a similar age during that time period, my language was probably worse.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Are you guys deaf?

I heard it. It just didn't phase me in the least. Kids cuss like sailors when adults aren't around. Never found it particularly problematic, as long as it didn't turn mean spirited.
But, back to the actual topic, my Stranger Things project is underway. It's a Flash retheme, with a couple of customizations, new art and some multimedia work. No lower playfield. Rather, I'm using another mechanism to play in the "upside down."

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Ah I see now. No we just have diff'rent ideas on what "doink scenes" are. No harm no foul...no theme is for everyone.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ah I see now. No we just have diff'rent ideas on what "doink scenes" are. No harm no foul...no theme is for everyone.

I always thought a Doink scene was some cheesy 1980s wwf wrestling character acting crazy. I often get him confused with a 1980s dominos pizza pitchman that I'm supposed to avoid.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I just watched this show for the first time yesterday. Got through first 4 episodes. That girl 11 is really a boy right? Looks just like a boy.

So I googled the actor who plays 11 and it came up Millie Bobby Brown. I intended to google "is Millie Bobby Brown a boy".

By the time I got to "is Millie Bob" google filled in " is Millie Bobby Brown single".

Google fills in the most searched terms automatically. So, my question is, Why are there so many sick people in the world trying to figure out if they have a chance to hook up with a 12 year old masculine looking girl?

I can't be the only one who finds this deeply troubling. Makes you wonder what other disturbing queries google auto fills.

#30 6 years ago

could be cool

#31 6 years ago

EE087DE2-EB3D-4DC4-83CA-4584B176B9F7 (resized).jpegEE087DE2-EB3D-4DC4-83CA-4584B176B9F7 (resized).jpeg

“Derp, short hair plus person equals boy.”

You guys know it wasn’t really up to the character what hairstyle she had, right? Follow along with the story a little better.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

could be cool

To hook up with a 12 year old masculine looking girl? I understand Madison is a hotbed for that sort of thing, but still, I expected more from you.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

“Derp, short hair plus person equals boy.”
You guys know it wasn’t really up to the character what hairstyle she had, right? Follow along with the story a little better.

Derp? Are you a complete idiot? Hairstyle has nothing to do with it. I didn't question the character until they put a long blonde wig on her. It made her look more like a boy pretending to be a girl. Change your avatar to Mark Zuckerburg genius. Derp.

#34 6 years ago

Eleven looks like a normal girl with long hair, not a poorly fit wig. That being said, it’s still really creepy.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmicjim:

Eleven looks like a normal girl with long hair.

Maybe in Decatur Alabama. But not so much in the regions of the country where inbreeding is less common.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

To hook up with a 12 year old masculine looking girl?

no, the theme as a pinball machine you perv

#38 6 years ago

Stranger Things would be cool if done right. I have thought it is time to see the LOGO Netflix in bottom corner instead of Marvel. I have an idea for the game. Two levels like Haunted House but way more involved. Upper level is based on obtaining clues and mode based, and the underside is based on killing the Demogorgon with an intense bash toy with intense shaker motor. Inserts are shaped like Christmas lights and Eleven character off to side with multiple magnets. Could be awesome or could be cookie cutter.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Derp? Are you a complete idiot? Hairstyle has nothing to do with it. I didn't question the character until they put a long blonde wig on her. It made her look more like a boy pretending to be a girl. Change your avatar to Mark Zuckerburg genius. Derp.

Again, basic comprehension of a story. The character wants to be a normal girl and fit in. How is this so hard for you?

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

» YouTube video
» YouTube video
And... TEEN doink scene.
» YouTube video
-----
http://www.refinery29.com/2017/10/179044/dustin-swearing-cursing-stranger-things-season-2
-----

Stranger Things is also known to be influenced by The Goonies, which is rather similar with its language. I didn't think of either as vulgar though.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

» YouTube video
» YouTube video
And... TEEN doink scene.
» YouTube video
-----
-----

Swears are just words, why are you so highly offended by them? In the grand scheme of things what they said wasn't really anything too crude. I think their adolescent use of swears helps make the characters feel more real and relatable. It reminded me of how my friends and I use to act when I was in my early teens.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

But in the comic he is only about a year older from when the story started....

You might be an issue or roughly 100 behind the current timeline...

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Maybe in Decatur Alabama. But not so much in the regions of the country where inbreeding is less common.

Wow.....
So did you start responding before I clarified I wasn’t talking about with the wig. Have you seen her with her long hair outside of the show? Your post is pretty messed up on a few levels.

#45 6 years ago

I considered it briefly. If I were to do it, I'd probably work out the upside down with some black light or glow ink.

There's plenty of story there to build rules. As much as I enjoy watching the show, I haven't found any need to re-watch it making me wonder if it has staying power.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

You might be an issue or roughly 100 behind the current timeline...

I am about 36 issues behind - i haven't read the last omnibus #7. But you're right. In the current TV show it is about 2 years (20 months or so) into the time line. The Comic Timeline is about 4 years in now. Good catch

#47 6 years ago

Also not a fan of the show so basically zero interest in a pin.

#48 6 years ago

This specific question was asked of Gary Stern in Orlando. His answer was very simple and consistent to what he has said for many, many years. Who overseas knows about Stranger Things? He then quoted Guardians of the Galaxy first move, $850,000,000 gross ticket sales, Guardians of the Galaxy II, $900,000,000 ticket sales and they are making a third movie.

If their is no overseas interest, Stern is not interested.

#49 6 years ago

It's massive here in Australia... Is there any countries that don't have netflix, it is one of their flagship shows.

Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

This specific question was asked of Gary Stern in Orlando. His answer was very simple and consistent to what he has said for many, many years. Who overseas knows about Stranger Things? He then quoted Guardians of the Galaxy first move, $850,000,000 gross ticket sales, Guardians of the Galaxy II, $900,000,000 ticket sales and they are making a third movie.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

If that is his stance, fine. I see it as a theme that a smaller company would do a better job at anyway.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Trade
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-pinball?hl=simbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.