D2FC77C0-841D-46A7-9153-3488944D008D (resized).jpeg
3684BB9C-32BC-41CA-BB71-2B7C5190A522 (resized).jpeg
AC7F2E0D-E563-404B-8872-41DD27891BC8 (resized).jpeg
54980A65-4127-44F4-BB66-2DC8185E3344 (resized).jpeg
35EA09E3-3532-4252-B192-E26730F4B812 (resized).jpeg
75810 (resized).jpg
26805521_1049361795206841_9150386924745985855_n (resized).jpg
EE087DE2-EB3D-4DC4-83CA-4584B176B9F7 (resized).jpeg
There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

This specific question was asked of Gary Stern in Orlando. His answer was very simple and consistent to what he has said for many, many years. Who overseas knows about Stranger Things? He then quoted Guardians of the Galaxy first move, $850,000,000 gross ticket sales, Guardians of the Galaxy II, $900,000,000 ticket sales and they are making a third movie.
If their is no overseas interest, Stern is not interested.

I don't know how to get viewership numbers out of Netflix but the show is a massive hit. Him quoting ticket sales just makes him sound like an idiot. If internet subscriber numbers are accurate Netflix pulls close to $2,000,000,000 a month. The guy is so out of touch.

#52 6 years ago

I'd rather see someone else do it anyway. Spooky could handle it well. As much as I like Stern games, I don't think that they do a great job of capturing the feel of a theme in most cases(my opinion, so hold the flamewar). As I said before, I would like to see the game designed as a pseudo-retro 80s sort of thing(which is exactly the route I'm taking on mine). And, I don't think a Stern version would capture that feel.
I'm welcome to being proven wrong, though.

#53 6 years ago

After seeing what JJP did with POTC I think they would do something amazing with Stranger Things...

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I'd rather see someone else do it anyway. Spooky could handle it well. As much as I like Stern games, I don't think that they do a great job of capturing the feel of a theme in most cases(my opinion, so hold the flamewar). As I said before, I would like to see the game designed as a pseudo-retro 80s sort of thing(which is exactly the route I'm taking on mine). And, I don't think a Stern version would capture that feel.
I'm welcome to being proven wrong, though.

Scott Danesi game #2.

#55 6 years ago

It is by any standard a huge success. It rivals viewership at the the highest levels like the world series and game of thrones. It also has strong international viewership as well.

https://www.recode.net/2017/11/4/16606268/stranger-things-season-two-ratings-audience-numbers-nielsen-netflix

If stern makes a pin of this or not does not change that fact.

#56 6 years ago

Who overseas knows about Stranger Things?

Plenty of interest in ST in the UK

8 months later
#57 5 years ago

Damn, the K man just scooped that Spooky is making this game. Finally a theme that I can get excited about, I'm actually very psyched about ANC also but this is just awesome!!! I can't believe it I'm becoming a Spooky fan

#58 5 years ago

For real? Confirmed?

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Damn, the K man just scooped that Spooky is making this game. Finally a theme that I can get excited about, I'm actually very psyched about ANC also but this is just awesome!!! I can't believe it I'm becoming a Spooky fan

Be out in about three years then? Hope its not a Brickfest.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Where did K reveal that? Latest episode of his podcast or in person at Flipout?

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Be out in about three years then? Hope its not a Brickfest.

Well, Listen you own a GB and TWD, (like me).....both of those games have a lot of design issues, so give it a chance. I was critical of Spooky up until ANC myself. If done right Stranger Things could be a cult hit. With a lower pf for the Upside down, magnet to mimic Ele's power. I think it just need a mode based game where you progress and then fight the monster as a mini wiz mode and destroy the wormhole as the final. A few sculpted toys would be nice, Hawkings lab or Demogorgon but they don't necessarily need to be interactive with the ball. Oh yeah we need a string of X-mas lights somewhere too.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Well, Listen you own a GB and TWD, (like me).....both of those games have a lot of design issues, so give it a chance. I was critical of Spooky up until ANC myself. If done right Stranger Things could be a cult hit. With a lower pf for the Upside down, magnet to mimic Ele's power. I think it just need a mode based game where you progress and then fight the monster as a mini wiz mode and destroy the wormhole as the final. A few sculpted toys would be nice, Hawkings lab or Demogorgon but they don't necessarily need to be interactive with the ball. Oh yeah we need a string of X-mas lights somewhere too.

Stranger Things would be a great theme for sure but ..........nevermind i dont want to get any crap started. Has this been confirmed though that Spooky is making this game?

#63 5 years ago

I don't think we'll get a confirmation for quite a while with ANC just coming online. For now I would treat it as only a rumor.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Stranger Things would be a great theme for sure but ..........nevermind i dont want to get any crap started. Has this been confirmed though that Spooky is making this game?

I think I know where you where going dude and if so I agree, I love the show but is it one of those themes that doesn’t transfer to pinball well?

As much as I love the show and I am looking forward to season 3, I just can’t see this being an amazing theme for a pin.

And I really want Spooky to get a licence that blows their sales numbers through the roof!

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think I know where you where going dude and if so I agree, I love the show but is it one of those themes that doesn’t transfer to pinball well?
As much as I love the show and I am looking forward to season 3, I just can’t see this being an amazing theme for a pin.
And I really want Spooky to get a licence that blows their sales numbers through the roof!

Any theme can be a pinball...with talent behind it. Also you can blow a perfect pinball theme by not adapting it well. I'm betting you don't need me to list examples.

#66 5 years ago

I would buy this. I just hope they use an experienced designer.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Any theme can be a pinball...with talent behind it. Also you can blow a perfect pinball theme by not adapting it well. I'm betting you don't need me to list examples.

That was kinda my point, is Stranger Things an easy theme to adapt or a theme that could be easily screwed up by being poorly adapted.

Some themes are certainly easier to do justice/adapt than others, hopefully if this rumour is true then the guys at Spooky take the time needed to nail the theme. I really wanna see a game blow up Spookys sales.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That was kinda my point, is Stranger Things an easy theme to adapt or a theme that could be easily screwed up by being poorly adapted.
Some themes are certainly easier to do justice/adapt than others, hopefully if this rumour is true then the guys at Spooky take the time needed to nail the theme. I really wanna see a game blow up Spookys sales.

Nothing is going to blow their sales up because they cant produce enough games to blow their sales up. I think Stranger Things would be a great pinball theme but id rather see Stern make it personally.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nothing is going to blow their sales up because they cant produce enough games to blow their sales up. I think Stranger Things would be a great pinball theme but id rather see Stern make it personally.

Oh god, I hope not, Stern would just recycle an old layout, then put a Demogorgon on a spring, have the redneck guy do the call out for the kids and call it a day.

#70 5 years ago

I love the show, but what a horrible idea for a pin.........let me guess Spooky?

#71 5 years ago

@reaper802

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Oh god, I hope not, Stern would just recycle an old layout then, put a Demogorgon on a spring, have the redneck guy do the call out for the kids and call it a day.

Lol i agree with you on cheap bobbleheads but thats about all. They have been making some great games lately and i think they would do a Stranger Things game really good. All of their designers are great and they could put Zombie Yetti or Franchi artwork on it.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

K man just scooped that Spooky is making this game

This show is so hot right now.. granted it's netflix and not something like AMC or HBO but still, that license can't be cheap? If spooky is doing this, and it's done well I am so in. Question is, when would they even reveal it? Aren't they booked for the next 18 months with alice cooper? I'm guessing they "could" reveal sneak peeks in say 6 months, reveal it in a year, and start building it in 6 months after that?

#74 5 years ago

Wether it's designed well far exceeds theme in my opinion. If it's made well, id be game.

I love the rolling stones... The pin? Not so much

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

This show is so hot right now.. granted it's netflix and not something like AMC or HBO but still, that license can't be cheap? If spooky is doing this, and it's done well I am so in. Question is, when would they even reveal it? Aren't they booked for the next 18 months with alice cooper? I'm guessing they "could" reveal sneak peeks in say 6 months, reveal it in a year, and start building it in 6 months after that?

I hear ya, I'm not sure either, we can assume it will be revealed during or end of season 3. He recently did say on the forum that he's ramping up production, but I don't know what that means in terms of number of games or timeline. I agree, if it's done right it will be worth waiting for. Besides, what's on the menu for the next 9 months? Pirates, Munsters, Oktoberfest....and maybe another metal band.

#76 5 years ago

Who overseas knows about Stranger Things?

In the 90s, Twilight Zone and Dr. Who (TV Shows) weren't very popular either in Germany. Yet the pinball machines have had a decent following. For a couple of years, TZ was one of the most hyped machines in the community.
Thanks to Netflix, I'm aware of Stranger Things and even watched Season 1.

#77 5 years ago

in Italy it already exists...

26805521_1049361795206841_9150386924745985855_n (resized).jpg26805521_1049361795206841_9150386924745985855_n (resized).jpg
#78 5 years ago

I believe this will be the last season?

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I believe this will be the last season?

Not a bad idea. Wrap up the show with a nice story arc like Breaking Bad, before goes on too long and becomes stale, suffers, and dies a slow death like The Walking Dead.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Not a bad idea. Wrap up the show with a nice story arc like Breaking Bad, before goes on too long and becomes stale, suffers, and dies a slow death like The Walking Dead.

Only reason The Walking Dead got stale is because the original writer of the show left in the middle of season 3. It went downhill from there. Stranger things could be a 5 season show easily i think.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Only reason The Walking Dead got stale is because the original writer of the show left in the middle of season 3. It went downhill from there. Stranger things could be a 5 season show easily i think.

I'd be down for it as long as the quality was there. I've loved the first 2 seasons.

#82 5 years ago

There was a really good VPX original table for Stranger Things that was pulled off all sites for download. Rumor has it that the table author was shopping it around for real world production. That rumor + the K-man rumor = hmmm. The VPX table is awesome with a lower and inverted (a la Black Hole) playfield. Find Barb, Save Will, Bad Men, Adventure, and I think one more multiballs + AV club modes. It integrated the new PUP Video interface to put JJP style videos on a virtual cab backglass. Pretty great stuff.

Also, for the few VPX folks on here, if you haven't checked out PUP, look up TerryRed's vids on youtube to see what you are missing. If you ever wondered what Tron Legacy Vault by JJP would look like, he did it.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

There was a really good VPX original table for Stranger Things that was pulled off all sites for download. Rumor has it that the table author was shopping it around for real world production. That rumor + the K-man rumor = hmmm. The VPX table is awesome with a lower and inverted (a la Black Hole) playfield. Find Barb, Save Will, Bad Men, Adventure, and I think one more multiballs + AV club modes. It integrated the new PUP Video interface to put JJP style videos on a virtual cab backglass. Pretty great stuff.
Also, for the few VPX folks on here, if you haven't checked out PUP, look up TerryRed's vids on youtube to see what you are missing. If you ever wondered what Tron Legacy Vault by JJP would look like, he did it.

His video integration for Alien and Tron is amazing....somebody should hire this guy ASAP.

#84 5 years ago

Totally agree @kvan99. Terry's a great guy. He's helped me out with some table modding. Heighway hired Slamt1lt (FP table guy). Wish it would have been Stern or one of the others who got him. He really had some great original table and used lots of video assets. His Jaws table is phenomenal. So much better than the FX3 version. Not sure what he is up to now.

#85 5 years ago

I know this would be technically impossible, but two playfields back to back on a rotisserie would be so cool.

Maybe if the playfield tilted the opposite direction and had shots you could only make from the rear flippers?

Some way to make the upside down epic.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I know this would be technically impossible, but two playfields back to back on a rotisserie would be so cool.
Maybe if the playfield tiled the opposite direction and had shots you could only make from the rear flippers?
Some way to make the upside down epic.

Maybe they can at least have a mini playfield or mechanism that flip over representing the upside sort of like water world deez and lights camera action

#87 5 years ago

On mine, my approach to the Upside down is UV reactive paint and a dim purple lighting scheme. My thoughts were that the upside down is not another world, but a destroyed version of the "real" world. Thus, thematically, it should be the main playfield. Just my $0.02.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

It is an amazing table done very well check it out guys.

#89 5 years ago

It isn't Terry's table, it was made by Scottywic. I hope he can arrange licensing and a manufacturer for it.

#90 5 years ago

That would be DOPE. That mode start was intense at the beginning!!

I gotta say though, theres a lot of stopping and waiting for those clips. Also the upside down mini playfield feels a little under whelming.

Very cool though.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from LynnInDenver:

It isn't Terry's table, it was made by Scottywic. I hope he can arrange licensing and a manufacturer for it.

That is who I was referring to above. Terry worked on some of the PUP video and cab lighting integration. Terry posts a lot of videos, so that is why I mentioned him. Not meaning to take anything away from Scotty. His first version was great, the updated version: friggin amazing.

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

That is who I was referring to above. Terry worked on some of the PUP video and cab lighting integration. Terry posts a lot of videos, so that is why I mentioned him. Not meaning to take anything away from Scotty. His first version was great, the updated version: friggin amazing.

OK, cool. I actually did get Stranger Things: Stranger Edition downloaded some months back, and I've played it a couple of times.

Scotty did a panel at the Showdown here in Denver this year about making virtual pinball, and I've fiddled a little with his OrbitalPin template. (I also made my own template for reasons of masochism.)

#93 5 years ago

I was just watching another video of that VPX table, what he did with the color dots on the back wall is just amazing, I guarantee it will be copied by a manufacturer.

#94 5 years ago

@kvan99, that would be cool. Imagine the back panel with those effects + an LCD. Would be like a DMD and an LCD on the same game. That Jackpot animation is pretty great. Have you checked out his Tron Legacy Maxpack table video. Pretty great stuff. I was just playing it last night with my son and he was really loving it. They have it so the videos take cues from the DMD text/animations instead of switch cues now. I tried my hand with it modding Back to the Future. Not near as polished, but I am proud of the Johnny B Good scene and music going off on multiball.

#95 5 years ago

Nice, no I haven't checked out the maxpack...but I agree the integration of the DMD and LCD is the future, it's both cool and a nod to the golden age of pinball.

5 months later
#96 5 years ago

Rumor is that Stern currently holds this license. If they were smart they'd have a layout nearly done ready to show July 4th when the new season hits.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Rumor is that Stern currently holds this license. If they were smart they'd have a layout nearly done ready to show July 4th when the new season hits.

This is Stern, if they show it in July it will be year 2021

#98 5 years ago

The guy who made the VPX version was shopping it around and at one time was close to a deal. During that period he pulled it from all the sites in case it was picked up. Last month he re-released it onto the VP sites and said the deal fell through. I wonder if Stern stole the license out from under another manufacturer. I say this because I doubt they would have used his layout, instead opting for their own version whereas a newer manufacturer would likely have used his version.

#99 5 years ago

I've just started on my playfield art for my version. I'm hoping to have the overlay printed next month. I'm experimenting with magnet placement right now.

1 month later
#100 5 years ago

Anyone heard any further rumours about this game being made?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 10.00
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Lermods

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-pinball/page/2?hl=sinistarrett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.