(Topic ID: 166681)

Stranger Things Pinball - is this Next Stern?!

By Squall

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

44302-willy-wonka (resized).jpg
MV5BOWIxZDgyMTgtYWQ0Ny00Y2Y3LTkwMzEtOTY2MTM3ODY0YzkxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_CR0,45,480,270_AL_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_ (
kiss_code_(resized).jpg
stbv_(resized).jpg
star-wars_(resized).png
troll_(resized).png
aerosmith.jpg
stranger-things-poster-trailer-pic_(resized).jpg
Zrzut_ekranu_2016-08-18_o_18.25.20_(resized).png
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Wow! https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/photos/a.10150636925119244.410713.136972659243/10154417932814244/?type=3
Is it real???

Zrzut_ekranu_2016-08-18_o_18.25.20_(resized).pngZrzut_ekranu_2016-08-18_o_18.25.20_(resized).png

stranger-things-poster-trailer-pic_(resized).jpgstranger-things-poster-trailer-pic_(resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

that would be awesome! That show is amazing

#3 7 years ago

What What?

#4 7 years ago

Yes it is! But so fast? Just wow! Hope they will wait for 2 season!

#5 7 years ago

Someone recently made a "Stranger Things" name generator where you can enter your own personalized message, and have it pop up in the Stranger Things title text. I suspect someone at Stern just did this for fun, and they have no plans to make a Stranger Things pinball machine, but who knows?

#7 7 years ago

Never heard of it. I had to look it up on wikipedia. If it is limited to Netflix I don't see how it would be mainstream enough of a theme for pinball.
At least GOT had popular books and HBO before Netflix.

People only have but so much time to watch all the obscure video content out there.

#8 7 years ago

This would be incredible! If you haven't seen it, watch it. The show is like a mix between Stephen King and 80's nostalgia. It's fantastic.

#9 7 years ago

The show is really really good. Mix between The Goonies, E.T., X-Files etc.

#10 7 years ago

Seems like an odd license - a show that's been on 1 season - going to have very limited appeal if it's true.

#11 7 years ago

Stranger Things is awesome, but Stern would never jump on a new and exciting license, that's taking too many chances. They wait until something is very established and well-known (or in the case of Aerosmith, well past it's prime).

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Never heard of it. I had to look it up on wikipedia. If it is limited to Netflix I don't see how it would be mainstream enough of a theme for pinball.
At least GOT had popular books and HBO before Netflix.
People only have but so much time to watch all the obscure video content out there.

Literally almost every person I know has watched Stranger Things.

#13 7 years ago

It's a good show, but couldn't see this as a game due to market.. UNLESS Netflix is paying them (like the PBR situation). But, if we're going to go with netflix shows.. any of the marvel ones would prob be better?

Imagining Stern is just trying to have some fun / distract from ghostbusters

#14 7 years ago

Star Wars? Looks like the star wars scripture....

#15 7 years ago

You can't blame Stern for trolling people when thy keep falling for it.

Again & again.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Literally almost every person I know has watched Stranger Things.

Me too, but it might be appealing to just a certain age bracket of 25-50 year olds. It's certainly the most talked about TV show in the past month.

#17 7 years ago

This would be hands down the most interesting theme they have offered in the past 12 months.

#18 7 years ago

Looks like a screen grab from the Stranger Things font creator, and Stern just is showing their liking for the show.

#19 7 years ago

Think of the magnet action they could use to mimic 11's powers. lower playfield for the demogorgan battles, lots of great set pieces from the show

edit: and the soundtrack is amazeballz

#20 7 years ago

aerosmith.jpgaerosmith.jpg

#21 7 years ago

troll_(resized).pngtroll_(resized).png

#22 7 years ago

Great show, but seems a little early for something that's only been released on Netflix so far. But who knows, getting on the bandwagon early rather than years later might be a good move for Stern. If nothing else, it would have some good music.

#23 7 years ago

Not seen the show yet, will do at some point however I would love to see a daredevil pinball machine

#24 7 years ago

Love the show would be shocked to see a pinball machine made

#25 7 years ago

Very cool pic but I will have to see a machine to believe it.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Looks like a screen grab from the Stranger Things font creator, and Stern just is showing their liking for the show.

Oh not from their new LCD anymore?

#27 7 years ago

Second pic would make for a great translite...

#28 7 years ago

It's an amazing show and has the potential to be a good pinball machine. I started a thread a couple of weeks ago with some potential ideas about it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things

Thats said, i agree its very very unlikely to happen.

#29 7 years ago

A little birdy told me a Joe Dirt theme was in the final R&D stage. But Kid Rock flaked out and ruined everything.

#30 7 years ago

I still think the next pin is a Batman VE with the old school Adam West batman theme

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I still think the next pin is a Batman VE with the old school Adam West batman theme

You did talk to Gary.

Two VEs in one year. Is Stern getting lazy? What about the rumored Star Wars? Did that get pushed to next year?

#32 7 years ago

Could be that they did secure the license to make a Stranger Things pinball, and it will be coming out in the future - perhaps coinciding with Season 2 .. Maybe this title graphics on their website disappears after a day and we don't hear anything again about it until next year - consider this a "clue" to a future title.

As others have said, there's no way, at least that we know of, that Stern has a pinball for a TV show that came out last month almost ready to go into production. Dare I say that would be impossible?

#33 7 years ago

Am I the only one who thought it looked like something else...

star-wars_(resized).pngstar-wars_(resized).png

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

What about the rumored Star Wars? Did that get pushed to next year?

Unless SW is next no way it's coming this year.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Stranger Things is awesome, but Stern would never jump on a new and exciting license, that's taking too many chances. They wait until something is very established and well-known (or in the case of Aerosmith, well past it's prime).

Why does Stern do this, always so far behind the optimal window. This is one thing that completely baffles me. Ghostbusters the timing was decent as it was available when the movie came out, but for all the movies to get behind that one seemed risky. Whomever does the marketing and planning at Stern needs to be fired.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Me too, but it might be appealing to just a certain age bracket of 25-50 year olds. It's certainly the most talked about TV show in the past month.

I think they are just having a little fun, however this is there demographic.

#37 7 years ago

The show is awesome, id buy one

#38 7 years ago

Everybody is taking text and making it look like the Stranger Things logo. Doesn't mean anything.

Cool show though. Hopefully it teaches Hollywood that people aren't necessarily nostalgic about properties from the 80's (see all the bomb remakes) but rather the WAY stories were told back then.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Hopefully it teaches Hollywood...

You can just stop right there

#40 7 years ago

I watched all 8 episodes so that's something but I certainly wouldn't describe it as 'awesome' or 'great'... interesting and somewhat entertaining for sure.

#41 7 years ago

Everyone is raving about the show, but I think it is just mediocre at best. I dig the atmosphere and all it created, but the story seemed hardly anything special. It's definitely not up there with the Goonies or anything like that. It was just okay.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Why does Stern do this, always so far behind the optimal window. This is one thing that completely baffles me. Ghostbusters the timing was decent as it was available when the movie came out, but for all the movies to get behind that one seemed risky. Whomever does the marketing and planning at Stern needs to be fired.

Stern does that so they don't tie a pinball machine to a unknown movie that turns out to be a stinker. That happened too many times in the 90s. I'm not sure the new Ghostbusters movie had any bearing on their decision to make a pin.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Stern does that so they don't tie a pinball machine to a unknown movie that turns out to be a stinker.

Also because it take awHile to make a pinball machine. Stranger Things literally came out like a month ago. It was only on my radar a month before it was released.

#44 7 years ago

Stranger Things is a good show but there next pin in Starwars and maybe a batman ve

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Stern does that so they don't tie a pinball machine to a unknown movie that turns out to be a stinker. That happened too many times in the 90s. I'm not sure the new Ghostbusters movie had any bearing on their decision to make a pin.

Some movies are no brainers though, Star Wars for example. Why not have this pin out with the film? Even if it sucked riding the hype wave is going to move some pins. Jurassic World is another perfect market for them. Even the rumored Jaws pin seems to be missing the boat, no pun intended.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Some movies are no brainers though, Star Wars for example. Why not have this pin out with the film?

Well in the long line of shit Disney has to get ready to sell when Star Wars comes out, do you really think a pinball machine is high up the list? You want them to let Stern in on what's going on in the movies and create dots/use clips from the super secret movies before they come out?

EDIT: Hmm...it seems T3 came out before the movie?! I stand corrected and accept my shame sir.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Some movies are no brainers though, Star Wars for example. Why not have this pin out with the film? Even if it sucked riding the hype wave is going to move some pins. Jurassic World is another perfect market for them. Even the rumored Jaws pin seems to be missing the boat, no pun intended.

Movie Hype won't matter one bit to a Star Wars pin. They can put that out any day of the year and people will line up to buy it. Jurassic World sucks. Jaws is a 40 year old movie. Anytime they decide to make it the movie will have the same relevance.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Also because it take awHile to make a pinball machine. Stranger Things literally came out like a month ago. It was only on my radar a month before it was released.

Nate Shivers had an interview with George Gomez where he recalled visiting the set for Johnny Mnemonic. He realized they made a mistake but it was too late to back out. If they wanted to make a machine on an unknown they could but why take the risk.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

stbv_(resized).jpgstbv_(resized).jpg

That or the sword swallowing chick theme.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Movie Hype won't matter one bit to a Star Wars pin. They can put that out any day of the year and people will line up to buy it. Jurassic World sucks. Jaws is a 40 year old movie. Anytime they decide to make it the movie will have the same relevance.

Movie hype is actually a major factor. Modern marketing is real, there is a very specific window in time that provides you the highest sales potential for a product. Every modern product has a window, Stern ignoring shows how badly behind the times they are. Personal taste of a the specific movie is completely beside the point. Everything has changed since the 90's because you make a bad choice 25 years ago on Johnny Mnemonic is no reason not to properly launch your titles. I will concede that if they can sell every pin they make and can't increase production there is no reason to try and sell more, but that is a complete failure on a corporate level.

Stranger Things is not a franchise they should have jumped on, it was a complete shot in the dark and very lucky.

#50 7 years ago

I love the Stranger Things series, but a Stranger things pinball is as believable as this:

kiss_code_(resized).jpgkiss_code_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-pinball-by-next-stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.