44C006B9-9808-4655-9CF8-8C85E717B972 (resized).jpeg
62584E75-6059-49EC-8C8D-F21515B6269B (resized).jpeg
37C795C7-22DB-4A2C-A9F2-01407E8874CE (resized).jpeg
DFDEFB76-ADF0-496A-B702-29483DB09D47 (resized).jpeg
20200214_180253 (resized).jpg
49B574FE-1848-4CEB-8461-D98173F8E074 (resized).jpeg
5BD98750-6404-43D1-9CBC-F784055B6510 (resized).jpeg
C75C629E-50B5-42FC-9C8F-34DB21531863 (resized).jpeg
There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

We have been very successful with the burn-in of the rotating sign with illumination. One more tweak and we should be good. Probably need another week, but it should be worth the wait.

It looks excellent and I’ll definitely be waiting for one

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

We have been very successful with the burn-in of the rotating sign with illumination. One more tweak and we should be good. Probably need another week, but it should be worth the wait.

Well worth the wait, design and finish look fantastic leagues above anything else offered currently

Telekinesis van is a genius idea, is this going to be hit by the ball, lifting the van as a result?

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Well worth the wait, design and finish look fantastic leagues above anything else offered currently
Telekinesis van is a genius idea, is this going to be hit by the ball, lifting the van as a result?

Yes

#54 4 years ago

Castle Byers dome cover

DC1CF017-FE4F-4844-8DCE-5B899D988F4A (resized).jpegDC1CF017-FE4F-4844-8DCE-5B899D988F4A (resized).jpeg
#55 4 years ago

D20 die dome cover with D and D card.

FCEC74F7-FC5B-4510-914E-C00512D33EEF (resized).jpegFCEC74F7-FC5B-4510-914E-C00512D33EEF (resized).jpeg
#56 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

D20 die dome cover with D and D card.[quoted image]

It’d be cool to have a die for the mystery shot that glows when that insert is lit

#58 4 years ago

Here is the final design

5FE56432-A5AF-4C59-990D-89025BC31E97 (resized).png5FE56432-A5AF-4C59-990D-89025BC31E97 (resized).png
#59 4 years ago

Looks really good!!!

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Looks really good!!!

Could you watch the video

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Could you watch the video

Yep. Looks awesome!

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Click on the link to see the arcade sign
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6Qh7VL3QjXyobxeV7

Awesome and impressive mod. Can't imagine a better design for it.

#63 4 years ago

We just need a little bit more time to play test it. It was quite the engineering challenge to get it designed for the light to spin inside it.

#64 4 years ago

Looks really good.
Video worked for me as well.

#65 4 years ago

Screen shot from video

8CFE8E8B-28E3-4FB6-92C5-72F4D6A774F8 (resized).png8CFE8E8B-28E3-4FB6-92C5-72F4D6A774F8 (resized).png
#66 4 years ago

Are you able to sell it for the advertised price (69 dollar)?

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Maybe. Don’t know yet

#68 4 years ago

We measured the average decibel level throughout gameplay at 3 different volume settings both with and without our ABC wall addition. We found no statistical difference in the average decibel levels across the three volume settings with and without the mod.

7A51B16D-7A2F-4CE9-99D9-D0DC565A2138 (resized).jpeg7A51B16D-7A2F-4CE9-99D9-D0DC565A2138 (resized).jpeg
#69 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Maybe. Don’t know yet

Corrected, price is not established

#70 4 years ago

Excellent work IMO on your Lighted Drop target mod. As I have recently added to my Pro. They are very well made and easy to install. There is a smoothness to the mechanism when the respective targets are engaged. In addition, it adds a hue of color/lighting to an area badly in need.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

We measured the average decibel level throughout gameplay at 3 different volume settings both with and without our ABC wall addition. We found no statistical difference in the average decibel levels across the three volume settings with and without the mod.[quoted image]

I really like this

#72 4 years ago
531D09B1-823A-4579-958B-AC7BA63AE5F8 (resized).jpeg531D09B1-823A-4579-958B-AC7BA63AE5F8 (resized).jpeg
#73 4 years ago

I’m not in love with any of these mods. It’s a horror themed game and you’re making waffles. I think the issue with all the mods you’re making is they don’t go together ... a spinning arcade sign and a wicker house. You want that play field to have something where it all ties together. Personally I think the mods that make sense are a creature to go over the flashers. This game needs more monsters.

The big creature that is featured Shadow Monster... how about one of these that crosses over several different lanes. Demodogs or demogorgon that fits over the flashers. I can understand the arcade sign its part of the town but all your mods are so far apart it won’t bring the theming of the game together. You made the bat with spikes because it was used by one character reminds me of walking dead honestly.

Love to see a mod of the kids on bikes with flashlights that shine. Maybe some street signs. Maybe some Russian soldiers but lets keep the theme of the mods sci fi and lets keep all the mods in the same lane... HORROR.

Did anyone see the mod the Mod Couple made for POTC ... kraken ??? You need something like that for this game on being the Shadow Monster. This game needs to look like its the town being attacked by the monsters with the kids fighting for their lives, not waffles and wicker houses. The girl who has powers how about one of here with her hands out and her hands are translucent with lights so she’s fighting back the monsters. The police car, demo dogs, shadow monster, signs, arcade sign is fine, anything that puts you in the town being attacked by the monsters with the kids fighting for the town. Nothing else.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I’m not in love with any of these mods. It’s a horror themed game and you’re making waffles. I think the issue with all the mods you’re making is they don’t go together ... a spinning arcade sign and a wicker house. You want that play field to have something where it all ties together. Personally I think the mods that make sense are a creature to go over the flashers. This game needs more monsters.
The big creature that is featured Shadow Monster... how about one of these that crosses over several different lanes. Demodogs or demogorgon that fits over the flashers. I can understand the arcade sign its part of the town but all your mods are so far apart it won’t bring the theming of the game together. You made the bat with spikes because it was used by one character reminds me of walking dead honestly.
Love to see a mod of the kids on bikes with flashlights that shine. Maybe some street signs. Maybe some Russian soldiers but lets keep the theme of the mods sci fi and lets keep all the mods in the same lane... HORROR.
Did anyone see the mod the Mod Couple made for POTC ... kraken ??? You need something like that for this game on being the Shadow Monster. This game needs to look like its the town being attacked by the monsters with the kids fighting for their lives, not waffles and wicker houses. The girl who has powers how about one of here with her hands out and her hands are translucent with lights so she’s fighting back the monsters. The police car, demo dogs, shadow monster, signs, arcade sign is fine, anything that puts you in the town being attacked by the monsters with the kids fighting for the town. Nothing else.

Three options for Pinsiders when coming upon a thread full of mods they don't appreciate or particularly like:

1. Shrug. Exit thread. Don't come back again.
2. Suggest tweaks for certain mods that you think can be improved.
3. Slam an entire line of mods being made by one of the leading modders in pinball--both in terms of sales and creativity--by writing an entire treatise about what they could have done differently.

Which one does drfrightner choose? Well...as we all know by now, he certainly *doesn't* wisely choose to STFU.

People should keep in mind that these opinions are coming from someone who designed WOZ-themed decor that looks like it was created by someone who makes black light posters from the 70s. So take it for what it's worth.

The Mezels are doing a great job with all of these, and as for me, I'm in for a spinning arcade sign just as soon as they list it.

#75 4 years ago

I’m just impressed you stayed awake long enough to make it through one of his posts.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

You are confusing us with the Lermods arcade sign retails for $69, plus $20 for external spotlight.

Ours is slightly different. It rotates and has an light inside using slip ring technology that is always on. Kristin says the introductory price will be $125. Next week we will ship our first 10 for customer feedback and then we will launch worldwide.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#77 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Shrug. Exit thread. Don't come back again.

Or offer suggestions that might actually make the game better. Your suggestion is the worst thing I've ever read. Mod companies should appreciate suggestions from people telling them what they want. I have bought a lot of mods from Mezel they do a great job, that isn't the point. Their mods on this game are all over the place... lets fix what Stern should have done in the first place. We need to bring the World under the glass together.

We have a town with monsters... anything outside that isn't going bring it together. Enhance the town, or add monsters.

I'm not putting a waffle on the game, then a straw hut, then an arcade sign, then a baseball bat that looks like its off Walking Dead.

None of that ties the game together.

We need in order:

Big Shadow Monster
Demodogs
Demogordan over the flashers
Kids on a bike with light up flashlights
street signs
police car/van
1979 Z28

I like the speaker covers but that's it so far.

This game is screaming for mods but lets get the right ones

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m just impressed you stayed awake long enough to make it through one of his posts.

I'm actually shocked you can read period! You know it doesn't matter how many words get typed what matters is what they say. I build major amusement attractions, I could start my own mod company easy like sleep walking. I have vac form machines, we do CGI work, I have graphic designers, tons of 3D printers, CNC machines, mold making equipment, fiberglass choppers, and I know a TON of miniature sculptures. I even hooked up one mod company with a graphic designer to do some mods for Willy Wonka. I have NO time NONE to make pinball mods... but I want to BUY pinball mods.

I love pinball mods probably more so than anyone on this entire website. I powder coat every game, change back glass artwork sometimes, add blades, toppers, and every mod that makes sense to make the game more detailed. That is what I do detail work. I think its fun to make the games more detailed. Stern more so than JJP needs more help in that area for sure. So I am letting Mezel know what I think will sell and at the same time make the game better.

If they don't agree they won't make them but I'm still going to offer suggestions. Hopefully your reading level allowed you to read this entire post. Probably not! If you can't read it I could record it and text it to you! Let me know what works! LOL

Check out this BAD ASS set we just built... we made the room look like you're inside a of a lava cave! This is what I do brother come up with idea's and then figure out how to build them. So making a couple suggestions don't take it personal.

IMG_2145 (resized).jpgIMG_2145 (resized).jpg
#79 4 years ago

Check out these photos ... so I want to be clear I am offering my suggestions. Every company is free to do as they please. I haven't bought any stranger things mods yet because I don't see the ones I want to buy.

Give me monsters!!! The worst thing on the game is the flashers need something to cover. The arcade sign in the middle of that awkward ramp would be perfect for a really big shadow monster cover that big massive area.

Lets get it going!!! #banwaffles

Darkness New Scenes 1 023 (resized).jpgDarkness New Scenes 1 023 (resized).jpgDarkness New Scenes 1 026 (resized).jpgDarkness New Scenes 1 026 (resized).jpgDarkness New Scenes 1 030 (resized).jpgDarkness New Scenes 1 030 (resized).jpgDarkness New Scenes 1 035 (resized).jpgDarkness New Scenes 1 035 (resized).jpg
#80 4 years ago

Totally agree with that. I like mezelmods and bought a lot of mods... but for stranger thing, all the mods except the "arcade sign" are unappeal...

I search very cool mods for this pinball but i dont find...

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Check out these photos ... so I want to be clear I am offering my suggestions. Every company is free to do as they please. I haven't bought any stranger things mods yet because I don't see the ones I want to buy.
Give me monsters!!! The worst thing on the game is the flashers need something to cover. The arcade sign in the middle of that awkward ramp would be perfect for a really big shadow monster cover that big massive area.
Lets get it going!!! #banwaffles[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nothings stopping you from developing your own mods.

#82 4 years ago

I’m not interested. I’m more interested in giving ideas for games I want to buy mods for. I have already given ideas to other companies and they made the mod I want. Like I said I love Mezel mods, The Mod couple and a few more but so far the mods for Stranger Things not a fan.

I’m hoping to see monsters and more attempts to make the game look like the town or filled with monsters. BTW a sign that says warning demo Gordon ahead... that isn’t in the show and there wouldn’t be a sign like that in the show either. Clearly the town is suppose to be unaware of what is lurking in their sleeping little town.

I’m hoping for some really cool mods coming soon this game NEEDS them BAD!!!!!!! Stern did an awful job theming this game just awful.

#83 4 years ago

I agree with your sentiment about making it a darker theme totally. As soon as I got mine I redecalled it, made a custom 2d translite, re buttoned everything , custom backboard and demogorgan etc. And got rid of as much purple and pink as possible.

I'm looking forward to see Mezels building cover for the centre ramps and sides as a possible add on.

#84 4 years ago

Eggos mods aren't my cup of tea either, though I know they're featured in the series. I haven't seen the game in person yet, but I think a large Mind Flayer would be a great mod. From what I can see in the pictures, perhaps it could be placed in back, right. Maybe it could be built on spring(s) so that it appeared to move when balls are in the pops, or some other target is hit.

#85 4 years ago

Building facade

A0711D04-D06B-40B6-9D52-E34270790280 (resized).jpegA0711D04-D06B-40B6-9D52-E34270790280 (resized).jpeg631DAECB-5691-493D-B73E-56E37804FC0F (resized).jpeg631DAECB-5691-493D-B73E-56E37804FC0F (resized).jpegD7660AF2-567C-499B-95FC-94FDF6F3FF06 (resized).jpegD7660AF2-567C-499B-95FC-94FDF6F3FF06 (resized).jpegD2BAFFDC-0792-4E90-8F24-EF60D29955BF (resized).jpegD2BAFFDC-0792-4E90-8F24-EF60D29955BF (resized).jpeg
#86 4 years ago

That's looking really good! Just needs a lot better printing quality please.
When will it be listed for sale?

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

You are confusing us with the Lermods arcade sign retails for $69, plus $20 for external spotlight.
Ours is slightly different. It rotates and has an light inside using slip ring technology that is always on. Kristin says the introductory price will be $125. Next week we will ship our first 10 for customer feedback and then we will launch worldwide.[quoted image]

No, you advertized with 69 dollar on your website and I was wondering if you could deliver for that price. Now it's adjusted to $125 if I look on mezelmods.com.

I don't like the Lermods version as that one spins too fast and the design is off. Yours is much better and I will most definately order one.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Three options for Pinsiders when coming upon a thread full of mods they don't appreciate or particularly like:
1. Shrug. Exit thread. Don't come back again.
2. Suggest tweaks for certain mods that you think can be improved.
3. Slam an entire line of mods being made by one of the leading modders in pinball--both in terms of sales and creativity--by writing an entire treatise about what they could have done differently.
Which one does drfrightner choose? Well...as we all know by now, he certainly *doesn't* wisely choose to STFU.
People should keep in mind that these opinions are coming from someone who designed WOZ-themed decor that looks like it was created by someone who makes black light posters from the 70s. So take it for what it's worth.
The Mezels are doing a great job with all of these, and as for me, I'm in for a spinning arcade sign just as soon as they list it.

He was sharing his opinion. No need for any "STFU"'s in your reply. Please be decent to each other. If you don't like his opinion you can share your thoughts about it AND be nice.

#89 4 years ago

I really like your idea for the building mod, as it's way too dark and not visible. I hope you guys figure out a way to illuminate the lights at the top of the building!!

#90 4 years ago

More pics of the speaker panels

090ACF29-FA6C-4FEE-B502-813865040D54 (resized).jpeg090ACF29-FA6C-4FEE-B502-813865040D54 (resized).jpegD7C5DE73-2F52-4028-BF38-8CE5D25F0DBC (resized).jpegD7C5DE73-2F52-4028-BF38-8CE5D25F0DBC (resized).jpeg
#91 4 years ago

Billy’s Camaro

49B574FE-1848-4CEB-8461-D98173F8E074 (resized).jpeg49B574FE-1848-4CEB-8461-D98173F8E074 (resized).jpeg5BD98750-6404-43D1-9CBC-F784055B6510 (resized).jpeg5BD98750-6404-43D1-9CBC-F784055B6510 (resized).jpegC75C629E-50B5-42FC-9C8F-34DB21531863 (resized).jpegC75C629E-50B5-42FC-9C8F-34DB21531863 (resized).jpeg
#92 4 years ago

Camaro is awesome! Keep up that synth wave vibe. All your mods and a pinball browser soundtrack change is the way to go!

#93 4 years ago

Any chance of the following:

1) Monsters to go over the top of the flashers. With their leaf looking mouths open you'd see their faces light up.

2) The big monster would sit over the top of the Arcade sign you made much like the Kraken on POTC from Mod Couple.

3) Demodogs

4) You could have even made that dice to fit over the flasher so the numbers light up when the flasher goes on! We need to cover the ugly un-themed flashers.

This game needs MONSTERS! The show is about kids fighting monsters, Russians, we need monsters.

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Any chance of the following:

4) You could have even made that dice to fit over the flasher so the numbers light up when the flasher goes on! We need to cover the ugly un-themed flashers.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what the d20 flasher cover does. We're you thinking it's just a random die?

1 week later
#95 4 years ago

How much longer on the arcade sign?

3 weeks later
#96 4 years ago

I wanted to say that Stranger Things is shaping up to be one of their best games ever... adding the blacklight mod is a game changing mod without a doubt. Hopefully a topper is coming.

Now with that being said... can we get some MONSTER MODS?

I'm still waiting for some! C'mon guys!

1 week later
#97 4 years ago

I made a custom backboard decal of the alphabet wall which I plan to light up. Also a custom 11 plastic attacking the demo monster which will be busting through the wall. Still a work in progress.
20200214_180253 (resized).jpg20200214_180253 (resized).jpg

Added over 4 years ago:

Sorry Mezel I pisted in your thread not the other mod thread

1 month later
#98 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Instead of bashing these mods, just stick to haunted houses/escape rooms. Not everybody wants a gore fest for their machine. I’ve seen some games recently with poor mods and integration. Just because you spend “x” amount of dollars on mods, doesn’t mean it correlates to an improvement in value for a game. I’ve seen the arcade sign mod and it works perfectly with the game.

7 months later
#99 3 years ago

Tmezel Any updates on the building facade mod? I order a handful of the stranger things mod from your site but that one was not listed as available. Thanks.

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from DarlingLuci:

tmezel Any updates on the building facade mod? I order a handful of the stranger things mod from your site but that one was not listed as available. Thanks.

Not doing that one, didn’t work out that well

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Lutherville-timonium, MD
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-mod-development-thread-by-mezelmods/page/2?hl=jeep-mustang and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.