(Topic ID: 262335)

Stranger Things LE: My journey (and you people are insane)

By pinlawyer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Cserold
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3pps7w (resized).jpg
20200216_172058 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dakotamike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

I respectfully disagree with your last sentence. This is pinside and someone will always find something to complain about.
And, I also don’t agree with your statement about the $hit hitting the fan either. It’s no secret what we paid for the LE and the UV lighting upgrade.
And yet, we owners are saying we are loving it.
Yes, the ones that have the product are enjoying it.
So, the $hit isn’t really hitting the fan.

Hey Ninja, how's it going? To be fair, there are a lot of people who've played Stranger Things on location and don't like it. It's not just side-liners. Most of the people who've played it, and don't like it, said the demogorgon shot was unmakeable on the machines they played. Sounds like setup and QC is a huge factor with enjoyment on this one. Feels great if you're making that shot, feels awful if the ball won't go in. (That's what she said.)

For example, I just listened to Mrs. Pin's latest podcast, and she and Doctor Pin played a STS for an hour+ at a bar, and they both felt like the game was a real miss. For a number of reasons (including an impossible demo-shot). And Mrs. Pin is a self-proclaimed fan of the Stranger Things show, and a fan of Stern games in general. So there are legitimate reasons and nuance to the hate that STS is getting, it's not all just blind anti-stern prejudice and bandwagonism.

I wonder if any locations in or near Sioux Falls will get one? That way I can try it out for myself.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Sup dude?
Play your cards right and maybe you can swing by the game room and play an LE in a controlled environment.

I just did a quick test and it really is important to have this pin at 7.0 pitch and level. If you put the bubble in the middle, at 6.5, you’re not going to make the demo shot and the left ramp isn’t going to work either. And, that makes for a miserable experience.
In terms of my comments above, I’ll stick to them that I am personally pleased by the way this pin plays out of the box.

Sounds good! I'm glad that you're enjoying yours; your experience seems to corroborate what I've been hearing in regards to game setup. For me, as long as things go according to plan, I'll be adding a Mousin' Around to my collection this weekend. It's players condition, but the price was very good, and I'm excited. Should be a lot of fun. Hopefully, it'll be a hit with my daughter.

I only bought my first pin in December, and now I'm working on growing and improving my collection as time goes by. Eventually I'll work my way up to newer Sterns.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 39.00
15,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Cruz, CA
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dakotamike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-le-my-journey-and-you-people-are-insane?tu=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.