(Topic ID: 262335)

Stranger Things LE: My journey (and you people are insane)

By pinlawyer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Cserold
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3pps7w (resized).jpg
20200216_172058 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cserold.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 4 years ago

I’ve got an LE coming. Haven’t been on pinside at all. One thing I hated was how the “upside down” mode seemed to start at random and award a disproportionate amount of points in the mode. Did not like the player having to “earn” that. Any input on this from you guys that know the game?

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

You are completely right about the upside down as it sits at current code.
It pops up randomly and awards a bunch of points.
My feeling/prediction is that this will be improved with future code to be something that is achieved versus randomly given.
Also, it’s bad ass when it goes into Upside down and the UV lighting is only going to enhance this.

Thanks for confirming. Assume they wanted to get the mode in the first release and just did it this way. Pretty major flaw IMO if it doesn’t get fixed in code. Certainly it will. Seems to violate the principles of competitive scoring. Thanks guys!

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I read tournament mode fixes the amount of time you see the upsidedown. Like every X min of play it triggers during tourney mode.

That still blows IMO

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

I respectfully disagree with your last sentence. This is pinside and someone will always find something to complain about.
And, I also don’t agree with your statement about the $hit hitting the fan either. It’s no secret what we paid for the LE and the UV lighting upgrade.
And yet, we owners are saying we are loving it.
Yes, the ones that have the product are enjoying it.
So, the $hit isn’t really hitting the fan.

I’ve paid for my LE but haven’t been reading anything about the game. Is the UV lighting an upgrade you have to buy on the LE?

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

While it's value is low? Last time I checked it's still 9K.

Was curious about this as well. Like I said, I paid for one but these things ain’t appreciating.

1 week later
#51 4 years ago

LE arrives today. Any advice (or thread links) on a few quick things to check or required adjustments upon unboxing?

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Loving mine. Once I get the TK lock dialed I’ll be good to go. Very straight forward ruleset with some great challenge and rewarding moments. If you can get deep into the demo modes and total isolation, that’s where the game shines right now.
Chapter modes are solid for the most part but could use some more callouts and maybe rework some of their rules to make them more interesting.

Does the upside down random start coding not drive you nuts? Like I said, I've got LE coming today but that coding drives me insane.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s switch hits. Hit fewer switches! Haha. After the first two it takes so many switch hits to see it again you typically only see the upside down three times even in a marathon game.

Oh, ok. I haven't been following the game or code updates. Was this a recent change in the code? Everything I read previously was that it was totally random. Not true?

#66 4 years ago

Got my LE setup last night. I had no idea the projector did all the stuff that it does. Haven’t been reading about this game at all. I’m extremely pleased with the purchase and feel that this game will go from good to great. Despite a simple layout there is a lot of innovation in this game. Really surprised we aren’t hearing more props for the projectors ability to control display faces of targets, spinners, ramps, etc. having the ability to control these display “faces” in code seems like it could open up a whole new can of worms for pinball. Brilliant concept IMO. I think it’s a significant contribution of brian Eddy’s return to pinball.

My bet is that Stern pushes hard on code for quite some time with interest in the series still high and a new season on the horizon.

Note: I have no delusion of this game (Or any game in present market) holding its value. I understand that it’s worth about $1000 less than before I opened it. This is not an effort to justify the purchase or prop up the value of the game.

Edit: outside of having to adjust projector positioning my game was flawless out of box

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sounds like more of a hope than a bet; but I'm routing for you

A bet is nothing more than a hopeful act. And there is no way I’m going to route this game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cserold.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-le-my-journey-and-you-people-are-insane?tu=Cserold and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.