(Topic ID: 262335)

Stranger Things LE: My journey (and you people are insane)

By pinlawyer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Cserold
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3pps7w (resized).jpg
20200216_172058 (resized).jpg
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

LE arrives today. Any advice (or thread links) on a few quick things to check or required adjustments upon unboxing?

#52 4 years ago

Projector is stunning. Just stunning. I'm sure I only saw a fraction of what it can do. Nailed the Demo shot in about 1 shot in 4, so it's makeable on a game in a bar. Actually thought it was presented too often and was too easy. Completely forgot to evaluate the rest of the game, the projector and ramp is so engaging. Gotta go back now!

Don C.

#53 4 years ago

Loving mine. Once I get the TK lock dialed I’ll be good to go. Very straight forward ruleset with some great challenge and rewarding moments. If you can get deep into the demo modes and total isolation, that’s where the game shines right now.

Chapter modes are solid for the most part but could use some more callouts and maybe rework some of their rules to make them more interesting.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Loving mine. Once I get the TK lock dialed I’ll be good to go. Very straight forward ruleset with some great challenge and rewarding moments. If you can get deep into the demo modes and total isolation, that’s where the game shines right now.
Chapter modes are solid for the most part but could use some more callouts and maybe rework some of their rules to make them more interesting.

Does the upside down random start coding not drive you nuts? Like I said, I've got LE coming today but that coding drives me insane.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Does the upside down random start coding not drive you nuts? Like I said, I've got LE coming today but that coding drives me insane.

It’s switch hits. Hit fewer switches! Haha. After the first two it takes so many switch hits to see it again you typically only see the upside down three times even in a marathon game.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s switch hits. Hit fewer switches! Haha. After the first two it takes so many switch hits to see it again you typically only see the upside down three times even in a marathon game.

Oh, ok. I haven't been following the game or code updates. Was this a recent change in the code? Everything I read previously was that it was totally random. Not true?

#57 4 years ago

Welcome to the club!!! I can't get enough of this pin....So addictive!

#58 4 years ago

My journey's usually last at least 3 days.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Oh, ok. I haven't been following the game or code updates. Was this a recent change in the code? Everything I read previously was that it was totally random. Not true?

Correct that is not true. Whether it’s competition or not, it’s clearly switch hits. First go take a couple trips to the pops and you’ll get it, then second go take 3-4 trips and it will go, after that it takes a while for it to trigger.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

My journey's usually last at least 3 days.

Lol

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

The random upside down doesn’t drive me nuts, but I’m not going to play my LE again until Stern figures out the reset issue.
Mine didn’t reset at all early on but now it does too often. New code .85 didn’t fix it at all. Stern is aware of this. It’s maddening/painful to have a great game going and then see her lock up and reset.
Still love the game but that needs to be fixed stat.

#62 4 years ago

You heard it here first folks!! One guys game is A-OK = all games are A-OK.

#63 4 years ago

But if one guy has a reset issue and it's a code problem, why don't we all have it? Because it isn't a code problem?

#64 4 years ago

New code just came out to fix the reset issues.......

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

But if one guy has a reset issue and it's a code problem, why don't we all have it?

We do. Haha. Code just came out to fix it though.

#66 4 years ago

Got my LE setup last night. I had no idea the projector did all the stuff that it does. Haven’t been reading about this game at all. I’m extremely pleased with the purchase and feel that this game will go from good to great. Despite a simple layout there is a lot of innovation in this game. Really surprised we aren’t hearing more props for the projectors ability to control display faces of targets, spinners, ramps, etc. having the ability to control these display “faces” in code seems like it could open up a whole new can of worms for pinball. Brilliant concept IMO. I think it’s a significant contribution of brian Eddy’s return to pinball.

My bet is that Stern pushes hard on code for quite some time with interest in the series still high and a new season on the horizon.

Note: I have no delusion of this game (Or any game in present market) holding its value. I understand that it’s worth about $1000 less than before I opened it. This is not an effort to justify the purchase or prop up the value of the game.

Edit: outside of having to adjust projector positioning my game was flawless out of box

#67 4 years ago

^^^Exactly what I’ve been saying!^^^ Enjoy the game and the journey

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

While it's value is low? Last time I checked it's still 9K.

give it a month ! used ones with 100 plays will start popping up soon. edit:
one just listed for 8k, don't even need a month anymore!!!

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

My bet is that Stern pushes hard on code for quite some time with interest in the series still high and a new season on the horizon.

Sounds like more of a hope than a bet; but I'm routing for you

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sounds like more of a hope than a bet; but I'm routing for you

A bet is nothing more than a hopeful act. And there is no way I’m going to route this game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-le-my-journey-and-you-people-are-insane/page/2?hl=cserold and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.