3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Couldn't help it. Saw the screen, thought it should be a Spies Like Us theme. Kept thinking about Soulfinger mode, Ace Tomato Company multiball, pop bumpers saying "doctor..."

#2 3 years ago

I think Spies Like Us may be the least funny 80s famous movie ever.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I loved it when I was a kid. I watched it again recently & I cant think of one thing I would have liked about it when I was a kid. Nostalgia goggles didn’t even work. It’s horrible.

#4 3 years ago

You two just don't understand GLG20s...

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It’s okay. I’ve seen it a bunch of times. Nothing compared to Fletch, or caddyshack, but it’s solid. Stripes I feel the same about. Good, not great.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stripes I feel the same about. Good, not great.

For me it's way under Stripes, but funny I almost brought up Stripes as the next overrated.
    Classic lines a plenty but so much fucking downtime.
    Neither of them belong in the same sentence as Fletch, which I have a hard time not picking as the top 80s comedy.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

For me it's way under Stripes, but funny I almost brought up Stripes as the next overrated.
    Classic lines a plenty but so much fucking downtime.
    Neither of them belong in the same sentence as Fletch, which I have a hard time not picking as the top 80s comedy.

Vacation and Airplane might like a word. But Fletch is hard to beat, laugh for laugh.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Vacation and Airplane might like a word.

Sure sure, there are plenty that are right up there and they all have their own nuances.
    What's so impressive is that you'd have to go against maybe Beverly Hills Cop to find such a 1 man show so well done. I've seen Airplane 1000 times and laughs per minute it may be the best, but Fletch is just Fletch...he's the whole goddamn movie and it's perfect.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I watched it again recently & I cant think of one thing I would have liked about it when I was a kid...

Ahh almost a "road to..." FGY episode...close call!
    Shit I think I liked "Best Defense" as a kid
    Amazing what that had to deal with on tv.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-first-play-thoughts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.