View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20191221_012847 (resized).png
A36F7B53-E809-4BD1-85B0-BA9AA7EDC381 (resized).jpeg
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#2 4 years ago

Wow
It doesn’t look like a Stern!

#3 4 years ago

Definitely interesting. With the cutouts on the apron, looks like that is the Premium / LE model...it will be interesting to see how much of the projector, flip down screen and magnet work gets axed for the Pro.

#4 4 years ago

Looks good I gotta see the pro see if it’s worth the extra for premium or not.

#5 4 years ago

Wow. Looks interesting.

#6 4 years ago

Nice I see the palace arcade sign left ramp.

A36F7B53-E809-4BD1-85B0-BA9AA7EDC381 (resized).jpegA36F7B53-E809-4BD1-85B0-BA9AA7EDC381 (resized).jpeg
#8 4 years ago

Me like!

#9 4 years ago

I’ll be damned... multiple new ideas with an absolutely killer theme. Well played.

#10 4 years ago

Hopefully the pro is just as good

#11 4 years ago

One thing I'd be concerned about is how it looks in bright lighting. If the images come from a projector, it can't be huge lumens, so full lighting the screens may be next to invisible. The thing looks friggin awesome though.

#12 4 years ago

Wow this is something different! Very cool

#13 4 years ago

I worry for the smaller side displays, taking airballs off the lowered center display "ramp".

Looks awesome, though!

#14 4 years ago

Pro will be missing projector and magnet ball lock at least I believe.

#15 4 years ago

First observation.. that projector screen blocks a lot of the visible play field. That will be missing on the pro? I guess they will still have the motorized ramp that opens for the demigorgon shot, so it must be on the pro too.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

I worry for the smaller side displays, taking airballs off the lowered center display "ramp".

That is not a display. An image is projected there from under the apron.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

First observation.. that projector screen blocks a lot of the visible play field. That will be missing on the pro? I guess they will still have the motorized ramp that opens for the demigorgon shot, so it must be on the pro too.

Pro is gonna b very different... very curious to see how they do it.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Pro is gonna b very different... very curious to see how they do it.

Pro will have the same mech but art will be on it instead of the white.

#19 4 years ago

20191221_012847 (resized).png20191221_012847 (resized).png
Also far left shot of some sort under the left ramp return like on mm. Maybe it does something else also?

#20 4 years ago

Shows intro music is catchy, get you pumped up. Like the image being projected on targets in center of playfield. I do like drop targets better, but this is cool. Man I may need to get this pin while I'm waiting on another pin to be built.

#21 4 years ago

Looks interesting.

#22 4 years ago

Video should be credited to Kaneda. He "leaked" it!

#24 4 years ago

Nah I just think he deserves the credit instead of this random guy who just posted it like he found it himself. The guy who posted it on the stranger things thread did it the right way.... Crediting the source.

Dickywonka is back though!

#25 4 years ago

I like the idea but seems Strange with the lcd above the prjector screen

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 4 years ago

The pro may be completely different like Game of Thrones or GB. I think the projection is a great innovation that we keep asking for. The fact they mentioned 40 modes for the home environment backs up the thought that the Premium /LE are for collectors and the Pro is for on location!

#27 4 years ago

Whether the projector works well or not, I appreciate Stern’s attempt to create something new!

#28 4 years ago

There is already a well established Stranger Things thread.

Moderators, can we please close this one?

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

There is already a well established Stranger Things thread.
Moderators, can we please close this one?

LOL. Have you seen all the rick and Morty threads?

#30 4 years ago

Im not interested at all...next!

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

I like the idea but seems Strange with the lcd above the prjector screen

This is my thought. Poor quality projected scenes on the playfield while just above is a 1080p lcd animation. Seems....off.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

This is my thought. Poor quality projected scenes on the playfield while just above is a 1080p lcd animation. Seems....off.

I'm not good enough to look up to the screen during gameplay, so I actually like the idea of having this in my field of view. I believe there was already an attempt called pinball 2000 or something like that before pinball collapsed but I don't know much about this. P3 is doing something similar with the playfield being a screen which I think is really cool if I remember correctly. But I'm new to the hobby so I don't really have a specific affinity to a certain format or nostalgia.

#33 4 years ago

Bunch of Ebay/toy Mods.......

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#34 4 years ago

Wow, there are some great ideas here! The projector is fantastic because you can still move the mech and it keeps projecting. Looks like they have used some basic projection mapping (https://www.creativebloq.com/video/projection-mapping-912849)<— those videos show why this is brilliant and should absolutely be incorporated into future machines

I love the wall magnet ball lock too. Great ideas here

#35 4 years ago

Magnet lock reminds me of KISS...projector to ramp is cool, but how many modes are going to require you bashing the bash toy?

#36 4 years ago

I honestly don't like stern that much but I'm really liking what I see so far. Definitely a possibility for my collection!

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Whether the projector works well or not, I appreciate Stern’s attempt to create something new!

This and Stern in general does elicit praise from me to often.

I'm chuckling about folks hollering about projector bulb life, give the thing a chance!

Beats the 3 pop bumper, a bash toy and a few ramps formula that has been flogged endlessly to death.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Magnet lock reminds me of KISS...projector to ramp is cool, but how many modes are going to require you bashing the bash toy?

Similar for sure.

Works great on KISS.

#39 4 years ago

You want different. There it is. I love different. Should be great.

I agree that Lonnie could ruin it like Dwight did with Munsters and GB initially.

#40 4 years ago

I'm impressed. I'm one that whines about lack of new innovation and this has it. Not that magnets are new to pinball but the way it uses them for a ball lock is cool. I do wonder about heat though. You get a bad player and the magnet/s stays engaged for a really long time what happens? The projector is a crazy cool idea as well. Love how the target names/appearance change. With any projector you're dealing with a bulb. Wonder what the life expectancy is and potentially even worse is if Stern uses one of those super cheap ultra compact Chinese jobs what the failure rate of the unit itself will be? Let's face it, as of late cheap has become Sterns middle name.

The clear coat looks really nice (glass like) compared to what they used for JP and DP. Let's hope it holds up. Why Stern hasn't revisited the use of a topside T-nut is beyond me. Compared to RaM (game play wise), this looks substantially better. Wonder how many RaM pre-order people will bow out and go for this instead?

#41 4 years ago

Interested to see how the projector is in the light. Hope its nice and bright. I know its always a battle against light. Super cool idea hope it works as well as it does in the video.

#42 4 years ago

Lonnie is what scares me with this one too. I think Tanio would have done well with this game. What he did with Deadpool was awesome!

#43 4 years ago

Looks good in the dark but really curious how the effects perform with room lights on.
Can’t wait to flip it!

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

No offense, but U must be under 40. Anyone remember the resolution of drive in movies? Not hd that’s for sure. It’s by design to emulate the drive in theaters.

#45 4 years ago

Holy c***, who is this Lonnie guy? New to the Hobby, honest question. Seems like people don't like him. What did he do?

#46 4 years ago

why is anyone concerned about the projector light? you know all those projections people have on their houses on halloween/xmas? Those are all done by 1 white LED bulb. Standard LED like you would put in your GI socket. Why would the projector use anything different?

Looks great. Great ideas done here. But as we all SHOULD know. Never ever buy something until you play it a lot. See if the shots and rules work well. So far, it's got a great look. Great toys, and good theme. Lets see if the package is fun enough after playing to want to buy.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

why is anyone concerned about the projector light? you know all those projections people have on their houses on halloween/xmas?

You know how they don't work during the day when it's light out? That's my worry.

I have no idea what's going on here, I'm more confused after seeing it
Wonder what the pro will do with no projection, just a big "Hawkins population" sign or something? Def need to see more but newish tech is always a good thing so i'm looking forward to it. For sure looks too clown puked but we shall see.

I'm also happy everyone is rage quitting the game because it says "Netflix" on it! True growth since TWD

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Holy c***, who is this Lonnie guy? New to the Hobby, honest question. Seems like people don't like him. What did he do?

He’s been coding machines for decades including many people
Like.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He’s been coding machines for decades including many people
Like.

If he has that much experience this should be great! Getting that many modes in which are non repetitive is certainly a difficult task! I don't know why I'm so stoked, I know I won't be buying one until end of next year.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You know how they don't work during the day when it's light out? That's my worry.
I have no idea what's going on here, I'm more confused after seeing it
Wonder what the pro will do with no projection, just a big "Hawkins population" sign or something? Def need to see more but newish tech is always a good thing so i'm looking forward to it. For sure looks too clown puked but we shall see.
I'm also happy everyone is rage quitting the game because it says "Netflix" on it! True growth since TWD

that is true, but they DO work during the day if they are close enough to the object you are projecting on. The reason you can't see them is because of distance. In a pinball machine, you are only projecting 1ft, maybe 2 at the most. You will be able to get an image pretty strong at that limited space and distance. I always test out my projectors before I put them outside and even in the middle of the day, you can see it plain as day on the wall when sitting about 2 to 3 feet away from a white wall. Plus, most of our gamerooms are semi dark. (which is a main reason that we can't see shit with colored GI's), so I think this projector will display nicely.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-first-look?hl=jwjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.